|By PR Newswire||
|March 16, 2012 09:30 AM EDT||
LONDON, March 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Spread betting apps are ideal for accessing the markets wherever you are and whenever you want. The mobile trading app from City Index's 'City Trading™', has won four awards since its launch in October 2009.
As recent as November 2011, the mobile trading app - available to City Index accounts holders using iPhone™, Android and BlackBerry devices - was voted by Shares Magazine's readers as 'the industry's best mobile trading app'.
Growing Number of Mobile Traders
As the industry's first ever live trading app, its continuing success since 2009 could be down to key developments in its mobile trading offering. The introduction of a powerful live charting package sees traders gaining access to multiple technical indicators and live streaming financial news, direct for the Dow Jones Newswires.
Since launching in 2009, the percentage of client trades being placed through their mobile devices has increased from under 2% to 24% (City Index, November 2011).
This rise indicates a shift in trading styles away from over reliance upon generic PC platforms to more innovative, accessible trading technologies; such as the online and mobile trading app.
Joshua Raymond, Chief Market Strategist at City Index, said: "The [Shares Magazine] award reinforces our commitment to innovative and easy-to-use mobile dealing technologies, which our clients have really embraced over the last two years."
The mobile trading app from City Trading™ offers City Index traders full and secure access to their trading accounts wherever they are, whenever they want; allowing them to trade the opportunity as they see it.
"Mobile trading is the future of our industry and we're delighted to be recognised as the leaders in the space by readers of Shares," adds Mr Raymond.
Mobile Trading Offering
The City Trading™ app allows spread bettors, trading through a City Index account, to trade directly and securely from their mobile phone.
Focussing on the iPhone app, City Index traders can:
- Instantly check the latest prices and market movements
- Open and close positions
- Access the live streaming charting package and latest financial new from Dow Jones
- Set stop and limit orders including 'if done' and 'OCO' (one cancels other)
- Create new and amend existing orders
- View pending, completed and cancelled orders
- Monitor positions using their unique positions chart
- View and amend multiple Watchlists
- Review trade and order history
- Be confident that all information and transactions are secure
It is important traders remember that as a leveraged product, spread betting can result in losses greater than your initial deposit. Ensure you fully understand the risks.
About City Index:
Today more and more individual traders are discovering the benefits of derivatives, and many of them are discovering them through a City Index trading platform.
As a group, we transact in excess of 1.5 million trades every month in over 50 countries. We provide access to a wide range of instruments including margined foreign exchange, CFDs and, in the UK, financial spread betting.
We constantly look to improve the performance of our platforms and expand our range of services. The result is our customers benefit from innovative trading tools with transparent pricing, competitive spreads, and a high standard of customer support. Visit http://www.cityindex.co.uk/ for details.
SOURCE City Index
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1