|By PR Newswire||
|April 23, 2012 09:25 AM EDT||
DALLAS, April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
According to a new market research report "Touch Controller IC Market - Global Forecast & Analysis (2011 - 2016) By Technology (ASIC, MCU, Custom Controllers, & Analogue Controllers), By Products Types (Resistive, Capacitive, Optical, Infrared, In-Cell, & On-Cell), By Applications (Entertainment, Infotainment, Retail, Education, Medical, Banking, & Industrial), & By Geography (North America, Europe, APAC, & ROW)" published by MarketsandMarkets (http://www.marketsandmarkets.com), the total touch controller IC market is expected to reach $7.7 billion by 2016 at a CAGR of 42.8% from 2011 to 2016.
Browse 127 tables and 70 figures/charts combined with an in-depth analysis of various market dynamics such as drivers-restraints-opportunities for the market, price trend analysis, and competitive framework of the leading players in the market, value chain analysis along with the revenue flow model, and the recent market activity by the leading players for sustainability. Market activity includes mergers, acquisitions, new product developments, collaborations, joint ventures and partnerships by the players in the market.
Early buyers will receive 10% customization on reports.
The popularity of smartphones, tablet computers and many types of information appliances is driving the demand and acceptance of common touchscreens, for portable and functional electronics. With a display of a simple smooth surface, and direct interaction without any hardware (keyboard or mouse) between the user and content, fewer accessories are required. Touchscreens are popular in the medical field, and in heavy industry, as well as kiosks such as museum displays or room automation, where keyboard and mouse systems do not allow a suitably intuitive, rapid, or accurate interaction by the user with the display's content.
Historically, the touchscreen sensor and its accompanying controller-based firmware have been made available by a wide array of after-market system integrators, and not by display, chip, or motherboard manufacturers. Display manufacturers and chip manufacturers worldwide have acknowledged the trend toward acceptance of touchscreens as a highly desirable user interface component and have begun to integrate touchscreens into the fundamental design of their products.
The market for the touch controller IC has emerged due to the heavy penetration of touch screens in electronics devices. More than 80% of the revenue of the touch controller IC market is contributed by the consumer electronics segment. The reason for the high share of the consumer electronics segment is due to the rapid adoption of touch screens for mobile phone and tablets.
The technology segment of the touch controller IC market is split in to the four different IC types. Different IC types are used for different applications. These types are; ASIC, MCU, Custom Controller, and Analogue Controllers. Of all four IC types, ASIC and MCU are the ones with maximum market share. Analogue Controller's share is on decline.
The product market for the touch controller IC is segmented in three different ways; by functionality, by module type, and by the panel technology type. Panel technology is the working principle of a touch panel/module. These technologies are resistive, capacitive, infrared, optical, on-cell, and in-cell. Capacitive technology heavily dominates the market because of the advantages such as multi-touch, zero pressure touch, and long life. Because of these advantages, many mobile phones and tablets come with capacitive technology.
MarketsandMarkets is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. We publish strategically analyzed market research reports and serve as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world.
MarketsandMarkets also provides multi-client reports, company profiles, databases, and custom research services. MarketsandMarkets covers thirteen industry verticals; including advanced materials, automotives and transportation, banking and financial services, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods, energy and power, food and beverages, industrial automation, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor and electronics [ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/semiconductorand-electonics-market-research-87.html ], and telecommunications and IT.
We at MarketsandMarkets are inspired to help our clients grow by providing apt business insight with our huge market intelligence repository. To know more about us and our reports, please visit our website http://www.marketsandmarkets.com.
North - Dominion Plaza,
17304 Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas, TX 75252
Email: [email protected]
MarketsandMarkets Blog @ http://www.marketsandmarketsblog.com/
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1