|By Melih Oztalay||
|September 21, 2012 01:51 PM EDT||
Anthony Soave continually encourages his businesses and employees to support their local community. Soave Enterprises has experienced tremendous growth and success over the last twenty years, and owner Tony Soave understands that he has the surrounding communities and customers to thank for that. In an effort to share his appreciation, Soave and each of the diverse businesses within Soave Enterprises work together to bring support to local programs, fundraisers, and events. From organizing book and food drives, to hosting youth events and educational programs, to donating time and supplies when disaster strikes, Soave employees are always eager to offer their time and support to the area.
Soave Enterprises Supports Post-Storm Efforts
One instance of community support came after a particularly devastating storm hit Illinois. Instead of more typical ice and snow, an early January storm brought severe flooding to the city of Watseka, Illinois. Surprised residents were left with damaged homes and few resources. Soon after officials declared Iroquois County a disaster area, CITY Beverage-Markham (an affiliate of Soave Enterprises) and Anheuser-Busch stepped in to lend a hand.
CITY Sales Representative Jeff Wiley spearheaded and coordinated the relief for his territory by contacting Anheuser-Busch directly. The brewer, together with CITY Beverage, quickly decided to assist with the town’s immediate needs and donated 100 cases of water to Watseka residents.
Swift delivery of the water was critical. To answer this need, Markham’s Team Leader Steve Mulder volunteered weekend time to bring the water to Iroquois County. Despite the cold and travel difficulties, Mulder placed the needs of Watseka residents as his first priority and was able to deliver the water when they needed it most.
Soave Employees Collect Change for Charity
Another instance of community support demonstrated by Soave employees at CITY Beverage-Markham was the “Cha-Ching for Charity” program instituted by Sales Manager tom DeFacci. The beer distributor’s sales staff was able to contribute funds to the non-profit organization Together We Cope. Throughout the year, DeFacci brought a bucket decorated with the program’s slogan to all sales meetings lightheartedly charging members for minor infractions including tardiness and cell-phone interruptions. Team members who were “cha-chinged” contributed at least one dollar to the fund. DeFacci himself was the biggest contributor to the bucket after committing to donate to the bucket for every percentage point CITY Beverage-Markham’s sales increased. With the monthly increases spiking as high as 6% for September, DeFacci found himself happily reaching into his own pocket for Cha-Ching donations.
The sales organization voted to designate Together We Cope as the recipient of their funds. The locally based non-profit will assist, advocate, empower and encourage those neighbors in need by providing help in the form of food and shelter, clothing and referral information in times of crisis.
“Pocket change and a good-spirited program have come together to help those in need,” explained DeFacci.
Soave Enterprises Offers Diverse Opportunities for Growth
Soave Enterprises is a diversified management and investment company founded by Detroit businessman Anthony Soave that provides strategic planning, financial and other management resources to its affiliated business ventures in the real estate, automotive retailing, beer distribution, scrap metal, industrial services and transportation industries, among others. Soave Enterprises continues grow and expand as it searches for new innovative opportunities within each diverse industry. For more information on Tony Soave and Soave Enterprises, please visit http://www.soave.com.
3400 E Lafayette
Detroit, MI 48207
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1