|By Kevin Benedict||
|October 17, 2012 10:05 AM EDT||
Also read Enterprise Mobility Asia News Weekly
Also read Field Mobility News Weekly
Also read M2M News Weekly
Also read Mobile Health News Weekly
Also read Mobility News Weekly
eBay has announced that mobile apps have been downloaded 100 million times since being launched in late 2008, while users have listed 100 million items on its auction site using mobile devices. Read Original Content.
Mobile advertising should be mainstream in the next two to five years, predicts research firm Gartner in a report advising marketers to keep an eye on bar code marketing, mobile coupons and augmented reality. Read Original Content.
According to the Internet Advertising Bureau, Internet ad revenues reached $17 billion during the first half of 2012, compared to $14.9 billion in the year-ago period, with mobile ad spending going from $636m to $1.2bn over the same period. Read Original Content.
Founded in 1979, DSI is a global provider of Enterprise Mobility Solutions®, helping companies worldwide increase productivity and profitability regardless of data source, device type, operating system or network connectivity. DSI serves clients globally through its offices in Australia, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. This newsletter is sponsored in part by DSI.
Passengers who use Dubai’s public transport network will soon be able to swipe their mobile phones to pay their fares. It will mean that people with smartphones can pass them over sensors on access gates at Dubai Metro and on buses and water taxis. Read Original Content.
Advertisers spent a total of $17 billion on online ads in the first half of 2012. Mobile advertising had the highest growth in spending for the first half of 2012, bringing in $1.2 billion, a 95 percent growth spurt from the same time last year. Read Original Content.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, always striving to utilize technology to benefit their fans, have unveiled innovative mobile ticketing initiatives aimed at making game day a smoother and more enjoyable experience for fans. Read Original Content.
A survey by MarketLive has revealed that 16 percent of consumers plan to do 'All' or 'Most' of their shopping via a smartphone or tablet this holiday season -- that's up from just 3 percent who planned to shop via mobile device last year. And 29 percent said they'll use their mobile phone to research gifts prior to a store visit. Read Original Content.
Mobile shopping will increase by nearly 50 per cent over the next two years, taking user numbers to 580 million by the end of 2014, according to Juniper Research's Mobile payments for digital and physical goods: Opportunity analysis 2012-2017 report. Read Original Content.
A study, commissioned by Google, found that three-quarters of visitors to a mobile-friendly site will return to that site, while 79 percent of people who find a site difficult to use on their mobile device will give up and look for another site. Read Original Content.
As such, eMarketer estimates that spending on mobile Internet ads in Japan will grow 27 percent to $1.7 billion in 2012 versus 35 percent growth in 2011. Mobile Internet advertising spending in the U.S. is expected to grow nearly 97 percent to $2.3 billion in 2012 up from $1.16 billion last year. Read Original Content.
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Mobile Commerce Payment market in China to grow at an annual rate of 41.67 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing adoption of mobile devices. Read Original Content.
Malaysia's mobile commerce industry will be one of the key beneficiaries of the Digital Malaysia initiative, and is expected to generate 3.4 billion ringgit in three years' time. Read Original Content.
According to a study sponsored by MasterCard, retailers are ramping up investment in new technology solutions to keep pace with customer demand: in the next year, 44 percent of retailers will offer contactless payment technologies in-store, voting this the single most important area for short-term investment. Read Original Content.
Sky Technologies has been making SAP mobility easy since 1998. With Sky, you can mobilize your business and empower your team with solutions that are quick to install, easy to use, highly secure, and already proven in hundreds of SAP mobility projects across the globe. This newsletter is sponsored in part by Sky Technologies.
A new report from PwC US and Kantar Retail suggests that the retail industry may be transitioning to a 'post-modern' consumer-centric era triggered by the speed of technological advancements, globalization and hyper-competition, both online and offline. Read Original Content.
Half of Britain's financial services firms think that mobile banking is already important to their customers, while 71% predict it will be by 2015, according to a survey from Fujitsu. Read Original Content.
Recent Articles by Kevin Benedict
Mobile Expert Video Series: Mico Yuk
Enterprise Mobility, Risk Management and Remote Job Sites
Mobile Expert Video Series: Jeff Wallace
Mobile Expert Video Series: Michael King
Mobile Expert Video Series: Sahara Alexis
Determining Anticipated ROIs for Enterprise Mobility
Networked Field Services
The Mobile Business Forecast 2012
MobilityInnovations for the Next Generation Utility
Yankee Report "MDM is Dead. Long Live MDM"
5 Tips to Minimize the Impact of Rising Fuel Costs in FieldService
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1