|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2012 09:09 AM EDT||
SEMA BOOTH #11761 – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today completed its line of feature-rich 2013 single CD receivers with the release of five new models. Designed to align with today’s consumer trends by bringing the connected lifestyle into the vehicle, the new models offer a suite convenient and entertainment features including Pioneer’s exclusive MIXTRAX™ virtual DJ technology, CD playback, USB connectivity, iPhone® certified connectivity, Pandora® internet radio connectivity and more. Several models also add Bluetooth®1 wireless connectivity, direct control of the SiriusXM® Vehicle Connect Tuner, and built-in HD Radio® Technology as well as enhanced entertainment and sound quality options to complement consumers’ listening trends.
Pioneer DEH-X8500BS Single CD Receiver (Photo: Business Wire)
“Today consumers expect access to all their favorite music and media. From Internet, satellite and terrestrial radio to CDs, USB devices and portable media players, there are more options for bringing this content into the vehicle than ever before,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Our new CD receivers provide a variety of connectivity options to fit the consumer’s listening tastes, while also maintaining the sound quality and intelligent interface Pioneer products are known for.”
EXPANDED MEDIA ACCESS
More music and entertainment options are packed into Pioneer’s new CD receivers, a first to market feature.
- MIXTRAX – Pioneer’s revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology is incorporated into each model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For advanced customization, users have the ability to pick the types of effects and transitions added between songs as well as the length a song plays before transitioning to the next song. For an additional club-like effect, the illumination and display of the CD receivers can be set to pulsate and change color with the tempo and intensity of the music.
- PANDORA INTERNET RADIO – Pandora internet radio connectivity is available on all five new models via a connected iPhone running the Pandora app. For Android™ users, the DEH-X8500BS, DEH-X8500BH, and DEH-X9500BHS provide wireless control and playback of the Pandora app via Bluetooth Serial Port Profile. The Pandora app is controlled directly from each receiver, letting users switch between personalized stations, “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” a track and even bookmark a song for later purchase.
- SIRIUS XM RADIO CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X7500S, DEH-X8500BS and DEH-X9500BHS models feature direct SiriusXM compatibility with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, inexpensive solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's multi-media receivers are the first in-vehicle products to market that include the new Tune Start and Tune Scan features. They also receive the expanded SiriusXM Radio channel lineup with more commercial-free music, sports, comedy, exclusive entertainment, and SiriusXM Latino (20 channels of the most comprehensive Latin programming lineup available to radio listeners with 10 exclusive commercial-free music channels). Tune Start begins playback of the current song from the beginning with each channel change, and Tune Scan allows the user to scan and listen to 6-second samples of songs currently playing on their favorite music channels.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY – The DEX-X7500HD, DEH-X8500BH and DEH-X9500BHS feature integrated HD Radio tuners, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations around the country while displaying text information such as the currently playing artist and song title.
SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY (all models)
Pioneer’s lineup integrates compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones to match consumer demand for continuous connectivity.
- MADE FOR IPHONE – iPhone and iPod users can access and play music from their iTunes® music libraries using the receiver’s front panel controls while simultaneously charging the device’s battery with one amp of charging.
- USB CONNECTIVITY2 – A USB port located at the rear of every receiver will play music stored in USB flash drives and even some hard drives (depending on the power requirements of the hard drive). When a compatible iPhone is connected via the USB port, users can take advantage of Pioneer’s proprietary technology, App Mode, which enables users to listen to their favorite music and streaming audio apps from the connected device. The DEH-X9500BHS offers dual USB ports for connection of two compatible USB devices or media players, offering even greater media source options.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X8500BS, DEH-X8500BH, and DEH-X9500BHS feature built-in Bluetooth wireless capability and allows for hands-free calling as well as music streaming from compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. The receivers also support voice control via Bluetooth when paired with a compatible iPhone® 3GS or later. The user can call a contact or select a playlist, song, artist, or album directly from receiver using the iPhone’s native voice control feature. Supported Bluetooth profiles include the Hands-Free Profile (HFP) for wireless calling and receiving; the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) for wireless audio streaming; Audio Visual Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) version 1.3 for wireless control of devices and artist/song/album metadata (if available) to be viewed; and the Serial Port Profile (SPP) for streaming and control of Pandora internet radio from Android smartphones. To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process, all Bluetooth-equipped models support the Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), which allows the user to pair compatible devices without the need to input PIN codes.
ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY (all models)
Pioneer’s new CD receiver models are designed with a new simplified menu structure for more intuitive operation and easy-to-navigate feature setup. Ultra-personalization of the CD receivers is possible using the dual zone illumination feature, providing more than 210,000 color display customization of the receiver to match the vehicle’s interior lighting or their mood. Illumination of the display and keys can be customized separately for countless color combinations.
For better sound quality and system flexibility, all new models feature three sets of high-volt (4V) RCA pre-outs for connection to aftermarket or OEM external amplifiers.
Pioneer’s high-end single CD receivers will be available in November 2012 with suggested retail prices of $150 (DEH-X7500S), $170 (DEH-X7500HD), $190 (DEH-X8500BS), $210 (DEH-X8500BH) and $260 (DEH-X9500BHS).
For more information follow us on:
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing a USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APP MODE are registered trademarks of Pioneer
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
iPOD, iPOD touch, iPHONE and iTUNES are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.
2013 PIONEER CD RECEIVERS
|Power||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4|
|RCA L/R Preouts||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)|
|Dual Zone Illumination||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wired Remote Input||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|HD Radio Tuner||-||Yes||-||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Sound Retriever||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compressed Audio playback||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA|
|Android Music Support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|iPod / iPhone Ready||USB||USB||USB||USB||USB|
|USB Control (1 amp)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||
Dual USB Ports
|Built-in Auxiliary Input||Front||Front||Front||Front||Front|
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50456502&lang=en
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abilit...
Jan. 23, 2017 09:00 AM EST Reads: 5,497
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 23, 2017 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,370
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jan. 23, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 6,963
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 23, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,153
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 23, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,049
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at Dell EMC, introduced a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organization...
Jan. 23, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,389
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 23, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,044
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 23, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,669
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Jan. 23, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,805
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Jan. 23, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 5,896
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 22, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,062
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 22, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,886
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 22, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,701
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 22, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 3,770
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,846
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,312
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 22, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,246
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 22, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 4,402
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 22, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,702
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 22, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,982