|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2012 09:09 AM EDT||
SEMA BOOTH #11761 – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today completed its line of feature-rich 2013 single CD receivers with the release of five new models. Designed to align with today’s consumer trends by bringing the connected lifestyle into the vehicle, the new models offer a suite convenient and entertainment features including Pioneer’s exclusive MIXTRAX™ virtual DJ technology, CD playback, USB connectivity, iPhone® certified connectivity, Pandora® internet radio connectivity and more. Several models also add Bluetooth®1 wireless connectivity, direct control of the SiriusXM® Vehicle Connect Tuner, and built-in HD Radio® Technology as well as enhanced entertainment and sound quality options to complement consumers’ listening trends.
Pioneer DEH-X8500BS Single CD Receiver (Photo: Business Wire)
“Today consumers expect access to all their favorite music and media. From Internet, satellite and terrestrial radio to CDs, USB devices and portable media players, there are more options for bringing this content into the vehicle than ever before,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Our new CD receivers provide a variety of connectivity options to fit the consumer’s listening tastes, while also maintaining the sound quality and intelligent interface Pioneer products are known for.”
EXPANDED MEDIA ACCESS
More music and entertainment options are packed into Pioneer’s new CD receivers, a first to market feature.
- MIXTRAX – Pioneer’s revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology is incorporated into each model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For advanced customization, users have the ability to pick the types of effects and transitions added between songs as well as the length a song plays before transitioning to the next song. For an additional club-like effect, the illumination and display of the CD receivers can be set to pulsate and change color with the tempo and intensity of the music.
- PANDORA INTERNET RADIO – Pandora internet radio connectivity is available on all five new models via a connected iPhone running the Pandora app. For Android™ users, the DEH-X8500BS, DEH-X8500BH, and DEH-X9500BHS provide wireless control and playback of the Pandora app via Bluetooth Serial Port Profile. The Pandora app is controlled directly from each receiver, letting users switch between personalized stations, “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” a track and even bookmark a song for later purchase.
- SIRIUS XM RADIO CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X7500S, DEH-X8500BS and DEH-X9500BHS models feature direct SiriusXM compatibility with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, inexpensive solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's multi-media receivers are the first in-vehicle products to market that include the new Tune Start and Tune Scan features. They also receive the expanded SiriusXM Radio channel lineup with more commercial-free music, sports, comedy, exclusive entertainment, and SiriusXM Latino (20 channels of the most comprehensive Latin programming lineup available to radio listeners with 10 exclusive commercial-free music channels). Tune Start begins playback of the current song from the beginning with each channel change, and Tune Scan allows the user to scan and listen to 6-second samples of songs currently playing on their favorite music channels.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY – The DEX-X7500HD, DEH-X8500BH and DEH-X9500BHS feature integrated HD Radio tuners, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations around the country while displaying text information such as the currently playing artist and song title.
SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY (all models)
Pioneer’s lineup integrates compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones to match consumer demand for continuous connectivity.
- MADE FOR IPHONE – iPhone and iPod users can access and play music from their iTunes® music libraries using the receiver’s front panel controls while simultaneously charging the device’s battery with one amp of charging.
- USB CONNECTIVITY2 – A USB port located at the rear of every receiver will play music stored in USB flash drives and even some hard drives (depending on the power requirements of the hard drive). When a compatible iPhone is connected via the USB port, users can take advantage of Pioneer’s proprietary technology, App Mode, which enables users to listen to their favorite music and streaming audio apps from the connected device. The DEH-X9500BHS offers dual USB ports for connection of two compatible USB devices or media players, offering even greater media source options.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X8500BS, DEH-X8500BH, and DEH-X9500BHS feature built-in Bluetooth wireless capability and allows for hands-free calling as well as music streaming from compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. The receivers also support voice control via Bluetooth when paired with a compatible iPhone® 3GS or later. The user can call a contact or select a playlist, song, artist, or album directly from receiver using the iPhone’s native voice control feature. Supported Bluetooth profiles include the Hands-Free Profile (HFP) for wireless calling and receiving; the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) for wireless audio streaming; Audio Visual Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) version 1.3 for wireless control of devices and artist/song/album metadata (if available) to be viewed; and the Serial Port Profile (SPP) for streaming and control of Pandora internet radio from Android smartphones. To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process, all Bluetooth-equipped models support the Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), which allows the user to pair compatible devices without the need to input PIN codes.
ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY (all models)
Pioneer’s new CD receiver models are designed with a new simplified menu structure for more intuitive operation and easy-to-navigate feature setup. Ultra-personalization of the CD receivers is possible using the dual zone illumination feature, providing more than 210,000 color display customization of the receiver to match the vehicle’s interior lighting or their mood. Illumination of the display and keys can be customized separately for countless color combinations.
For better sound quality and system flexibility, all new models feature three sets of high-volt (4V) RCA pre-outs for connection to aftermarket or OEM external amplifiers.
Pioneer’s high-end single CD receivers will be available in November 2012 with suggested retail prices of $150 (DEH-X7500S), $170 (DEH-X7500HD), $190 (DEH-X8500BS), $210 (DEH-X8500BH) and $260 (DEH-X9500BHS).
For more information follow us on:
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing a USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APP MODE are registered trademarks of Pioneer
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
iPOD, iPOD touch, iPHONE and iTUNES are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.
2013 PIONEER CD RECEIVERS
|Power||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4|
|RCA L/R Preouts||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)|
|Dual Zone Illumination||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wired Remote Input||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|HD Radio Tuner||-||Yes||-||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Sound Retriever||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compressed Audio playback||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA|
|Android Music Support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|iPod / iPhone Ready||USB||USB||USB||USB||USB|
|USB Control (1 amp)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||
Dual USB Ports
|Built-in Auxiliary Input||Front||Front||Front||Front||Front|
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50456502&lang=en
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for s...
Dec. 11, 2016 02:45 AM EST Reads: 895
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 11, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,044
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 11, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 774
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 11, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 1,742
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 11, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,333
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,129
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 2,400
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 11, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 938
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,222
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,356
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,825
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,159
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,552
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,973
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,111
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,015
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 10, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,429
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,934
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,842
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 950