|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2012 09:09 AM EDT||
SEMA BOOTH #11761 – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today completed its line of feature-rich 2013 single CD receivers with the release of five new models. Designed to align with today’s consumer trends by bringing the connected lifestyle into the vehicle, the new models offer a suite convenient and entertainment features including Pioneer’s exclusive MIXTRAX™ virtual DJ technology, CD playback, USB connectivity, iPhone® certified connectivity, Pandora® internet radio connectivity and more. Several models also add Bluetooth®1 wireless connectivity, direct control of the SiriusXM® Vehicle Connect Tuner, and built-in HD Radio® Technology as well as enhanced entertainment and sound quality options to complement consumers’ listening trends.
Pioneer DEH-X8500BS Single CD Receiver (Photo: Business Wire)
“Today consumers expect access to all their favorite music and media. From Internet, satellite and terrestrial radio to CDs, USB devices and portable media players, there are more options for bringing this content into the vehicle than ever before,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Our new CD receivers provide a variety of connectivity options to fit the consumer’s listening tastes, while also maintaining the sound quality and intelligent interface Pioneer products are known for.”
EXPANDED MEDIA ACCESS
More music and entertainment options are packed into Pioneer’s new CD receivers, a first to market feature.
- MIXTRAX – Pioneer’s revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology is incorporated into each model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For advanced customization, users have the ability to pick the types of effects and transitions added between songs as well as the length a song plays before transitioning to the next song. For an additional club-like effect, the illumination and display of the CD receivers can be set to pulsate and change color with the tempo and intensity of the music.
- PANDORA INTERNET RADIO – Pandora internet radio connectivity is available on all five new models via a connected iPhone running the Pandora app. For Android™ users, the DEH-X8500BS, DEH-X8500BH, and DEH-X9500BHS provide wireless control and playback of the Pandora app via Bluetooth Serial Port Profile. The Pandora app is controlled directly from each receiver, letting users switch between personalized stations, “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” a track and even bookmark a song for later purchase.
- SIRIUS XM RADIO CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X7500S, DEH-X8500BS and DEH-X9500BHS models feature direct SiriusXM compatibility with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, inexpensive solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's multi-media receivers are the first in-vehicle products to market that include the new Tune Start and Tune Scan features. They also receive the expanded SiriusXM Radio channel lineup with more commercial-free music, sports, comedy, exclusive entertainment, and SiriusXM Latino (20 channels of the most comprehensive Latin programming lineup available to radio listeners with 10 exclusive commercial-free music channels). Tune Start begins playback of the current song from the beginning with each channel change, and Tune Scan allows the user to scan and listen to 6-second samples of songs currently playing on their favorite music channels.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY – The DEX-X7500HD, DEH-X8500BH and DEH-X9500BHS feature integrated HD Radio tuners, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations around the country while displaying text information such as the currently playing artist and song title.
SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY (all models)
Pioneer’s lineup integrates compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones to match consumer demand for continuous connectivity.
- MADE FOR IPHONE – iPhone and iPod users can access and play music from their iTunes® music libraries using the receiver’s front panel controls while simultaneously charging the device’s battery with one amp of charging.
- USB CONNECTIVITY2 – A USB port located at the rear of every receiver will play music stored in USB flash drives and even some hard drives (depending on the power requirements of the hard drive). When a compatible iPhone is connected via the USB port, users can take advantage of Pioneer’s proprietary technology, App Mode, which enables users to listen to their favorite music and streaming audio apps from the connected device. The DEH-X9500BHS offers dual USB ports for connection of two compatible USB devices or media players, offering even greater media source options.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X8500BS, DEH-X8500BH, and DEH-X9500BHS feature built-in Bluetooth wireless capability and allows for hands-free calling as well as music streaming from compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. The receivers also support voice control via Bluetooth when paired with a compatible iPhone® 3GS or later. The user can call a contact or select a playlist, song, artist, or album directly from receiver using the iPhone’s native voice control feature. Supported Bluetooth profiles include the Hands-Free Profile (HFP) for wireless calling and receiving; the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) for wireless audio streaming; Audio Visual Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) version 1.3 for wireless control of devices and artist/song/album metadata (if available) to be viewed; and the Serial Port Profile (SPP) for streaming and control of Pandora internet radio from Android smartphones. To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process, all Bluetooth-equipped models support the Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), which allows the user to pair compatible devices without the need to input PIN codes.
ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY (all models)
Pioneer’s new CD receiver models are designed with a new simplified menu structure for more intuitive operation and easy-to-navigate feature setup. Ultra-personalization of the CD receivers is possible using the dual zone illumination feature, providing more than 210,000 color display customization of the receiver to match the vehicle’s interior lighting or their mood. Illumination of the display and keys can be customized separately for countless color combinations.
For better sound quality and system flexibility, all new models feature three sets of high-volt (4V) RCA pre-outs for connection to aftermarket or OEM external amplifiers.
Pioneer’s high-end single CD receivers will be available in November 2012 with suggested retail prices of $150 (DEH-X7500S), $170 (DEH-X7500HD), $190 (DEH-X8500BS), $210 (DEH-X8500BH) and $260 (DEH-X9500BHS).
For more information follow us on:
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing a USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APP MODE are registered trademarks of Pioneer
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
iPOD, iPOD touch, iPHONE and iTUNES are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.
2013 PIONEER CD RECEIVERS
|Power||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4|
|RCA L/R Preouts||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)|
|Dual Zone Illumination||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wired Remote Input||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|HD Radio Tuner||-||Yes||-||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Sound Retriever||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compressed Audio playback||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA|
|Android Music Support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|iPod / iPhone Ready||USB||USB||USB||USB||USB|
|USB Control (1 amp)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||
Dual USB Ports
|Built-in Auxiliary Input||Front||Front||Front||Front||Front|
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50456502&lang=en
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 457
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 31, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 368
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Aug. 31, 2015 07:00 PM EDT
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Aug. 31, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 243
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:15 PM EDT
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 141
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 459
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of IoT applications and projects. Business operations, IT, and data scientists need advanced analytics t...
Aug. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 419
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Aug. 31, 2015 12:00 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 31, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 897
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Aug. 31, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 231
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 31, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 161
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Aug. 31, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 659
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Aug. 31, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 306
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Aug. 31, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 124
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 426
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Aug. 28, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 219
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device access to health records while reducing operating costs and complying with government regulations.
Aug. 26, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 193
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 557
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 487