|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2012 09:09 AM EDT||
SEMA BOOTH #11761 – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today completed its line of feature-rich 2013 single CD receivers with the release of five new models. Designed to align with today’s consumer trends by bringing the connected lifestyle into the vehicle, the new models offer a suite convenient and entertainment features including Pioneer’s exclusive MIXTRAX™ virtual DJ technology, CD playback, USB connectivity, iPhone® certified connectivity, Pandora® internet radio connectivity and more. Several models also add Bluetooth®1 wireless connectivity, direct control of the SiriusXM® Vehicle Connect Tuner, and built-in HD Radio® Technology as well as enhanced entertainment and sound quality options to complement consumers’ listening trends.
Pioneer DEH-X8500BS Single CD Receiver (Photo: Business Wire)
“Today consumers expect access to all their favorite music and media. From Internet, satellite and terrestrial radio to CDs, USB devices and portable media players, there are more options for bringing this content into the vehicle than ever before,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Our new CD receivers provide a variety of connectivity options to fit the consumer’s listening tastes, while also maintaining the sound quality and intelligent interface Pioneer products are known for.”
EXPANDED MEDIA ACCESS
More music and entertainment options are packed into Pioneer’s new CD receivers, a first to market feature.
- MIXTRAX – Pioneer’s revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology is incorporated into each model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For advanced customization, users have the ability to pick the types of effects and transitions added between songs as well as the length a song plays before transitioning to the next song. For an additional club-like effect, the illumination and display of the CD receivers can be set to pulsate and change color with the tempo and intensity of the music.
- PANDORA INTERNET RADIO – Pandora internet radio connectivity is available on all five new models via a connected iPhone running the Pandora app. For Android™ users, the DEH-X8500BS, DEH-X8500BH, and DEH-X9500BHS provide wireless control and playback of the Pandora app via Bluetooth Serial Port Profile. The Pandora app is controlled directly from each receiver, letting users switch between personalized stations, “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” a track and even bookmark a song for later purchase.
- SIRIUS XM RADIO CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X7500S, DEH-X8500BS and DEH-X9500BHS models feature direct SiriusXM compatibility with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, inexpensive solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's multi-media receivers are the first in-vehicle products to market that include the new Tune Start and Tune Scan features. They also receive the expanded SiriusXM Radio channel lineup with more commercial-free music, sports, comedy, exclusive entertainment, and SiriusXM Latino (20 channels of the most comprehensive Latin programming lineup available to radio listeners with 10 exclusive commercial-free music channels). Tune Start begins playback of the current song from the beginning with each channel change, and Tune Scan allows the user to scan and listen to 6-second samples of songs currently playing on their favorite music channels.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY – The DEX-X7500HD, DEH-X8500BH and DEH-X9500BHS feature integrated HD Radio tuners, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations around the country while displaying text information such as the currently playing artist and song title.
SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY (all models)
Pioneer’s lineup integrates compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones to match consumer demand for continuous connectivity.
- MADE FOR IPHONE – iPhone and iPod users can access and play music from their iTunes® music libraries using the receiver’s front panel controls while simultaneously charging the device’s battery with one amp of charging.
- USB CONNECTIVITY2 – A USB port located at the rear of every receiver will play music stored in USB flash drives and even some hard drives (depending on the power requirements of the hard drive). When a compatible iPhone is connected via the USB port, users can take advantage of Pioneer’s proprietary technology, App Mode, which enables users to listen to their favorite music and streaming audio apps from the connected device. The DEH-X9500BHS offers dual USB ports for connection of two compatible USB devices or media players, offering even greater media source options.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X8500BS, DEH-X8500BH, and DEH-X9500BHS feature built-in Bluetooth wireless capability and allows for hands-free calling as well as music streaming from compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. The receivers also support voice control via Bluetooth when paired with a compatible iPhone® 3GS or later. The user can call a contact or select a playlist, song, artist, or album directly from receiver using the iPhone’s native voice control feature. Supported Bluetooth profiles include the Hands-Free Profile (HFP) for wireless calling and receiving; the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) for wireless audio streaming; Audio Visual Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) version 1.3 for wireless control of devices and artist/song/album metadata (if available) to be viewed; and the Serial Port Profile (SPP) for streaming and control of Pandora internet radio from Android smartphones. To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process, all Bluetooth-equipped models support the Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), which allows the user to pair compatible devices without the need to input PIN codes.
ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY (all models)
Pioneer’s new CD receiver models are designed with a new simplified menu structure for more intuitive operation and easy-to-navigate feature setup. Ultra-personalization of the CD receivers is possible using the dual zone illumination feature, providing more than 210,000 color display customization of the receiver to match the vehicle’s interior lighting or their mood. Illumination of the display and keys can be customized separately for countless color combinations.
For better sound quality and system flexibility, all new models feature three sets of high-volt (4V) RCA pre-outs for connection to aftermarket or OEM external amplifiers.
Pioneer’s high-end single CD receivers will be available in November 2012 with suggested retail prices of $150 (DEH-X7500S), $170 (DEH-X7500HD), $190 (DEH-X8500BS), $210 (DEH-X8500BH) and $260 (DEH-X9500BHS).
For more information follow us on:
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing a USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APP MODE are registered trademarks of Pioneer
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
iPOD, iPOD touch, iPHONE and iTUNES are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.
2013 PIONEER CD RECEIVERS
|Power||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4|
|RCA L/R Preouts||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)|
|Dual Zone Illumination||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wired Remote Input||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|HD Radio Tuner||-||Yes||-||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Sound Retriever||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compressed Audio playback||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA|
|Android Music Support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|iPod / iPhone Ready||USB||USB||USB||USB||USB|
|USB Control (1 amp)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||
Dual USB Ports
|Built-in Auxiliary Input||Front||Front||Front||Front||Front|
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50456502&lang=en
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 878
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 916
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,119
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,249
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,075
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,894
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,777
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 18, 2014 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,885
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,220
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 736
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,272
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,346
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,315
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,224
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,446
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,286
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,651
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,865
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,949
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial Cloud.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,622