|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2012 09:09 AM EDT||
SEMA BOOTH #11761 – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today completed its line of feature-rich 2013 single CD receivers with the release of five new models. Designed to align with today’s consumer trends by bringing the connected lifestyle into the vehicle, the new models offer a suite convenient and entertainment features including Pioneer’s exclusive MIXTRAX™ virtual DJ technology, CD playback, USB connectivity, iPhone® certified connectivity, Pandora® internet radio connectivity and more. Several models also add Bluetooth®1 wireless connectivity, direct control of the SiriusXM® Vehicle Connect Tuner, and built-in HD Radio® Technology as well as enhanced entertainment and sound quality options to complement consumers’ listening trends.
Pioneer DEH-X8500BS Single CD Receiver (Photo: Business Wire)
“Today consumers expect access to all their favorite music and media. From Internet, satellite and terrestrial radio to CDs, USB devices and portable media players, there are more options for bringing this content into the vehicle than ever before,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Our new CD receivers provide a variety of connectivity options to fit the consumer’s listening tastes, while also maintaining the sound quality and intelligent interface Pioneer products are known for.”
EXPANDED MEDIA ACCESS
More music and entertainment options are packed into Pioneer’s new CD receivers, a first to market feature.
- MIXTRAX – Pioneer’s revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology is incorporated into each model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For advanced customization, users have the ability to pick the types of effects and transitions added between songs as well as the length a song plays before transitioning to the next song. For an additional club-like effect, the illumination and display of the CD receivers can be set to pulsate and change color with the tempo and intensity of the music.
- PANDORA INTERNET RADIO – Pandora internet radio connectivity is available on all five new models via a connected iPhone running the Pandora app. For Android™ users, the DEH-X8500BS, DEH-X8500BH, and DEH-X9500BHS provide wireless control and playback of the Pandora app via Bluetooth Serial Port Profile. The Pandora app is controlled directly from each receiver, letting users switch between personalized stations, “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” a track and even bookmark a song for later purchase.
- SIRIUS XM RADIO CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X7500S, DEH-X8500BS and DEH-X9500BHS models feature direct SiriusXM compatibility with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, inexpensive solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's multi-media receivers are the first in-vehicle products to market that include the new Tune Start and Tune Scan features. They also receive the expanded SiriusXM Radio channel lineup with more commercial-free music, sports, comedy, exclusive entertainment, and SiriusXM Latino (20 channels of the most comprehensive Latin programming lineup available to radio listeners with 10 exclusive commercial-free music channels). Tune Start begins playback of the current song from the beginning with each channel change, and Tune Scan allows the user to scan and listen to 6-second samples of songs currently playing on their favorite music channels.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY – The DEX-X7500HD, DEH-X8500BH and DEH-X9500BHS feature integrated HD Radio tuners, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations around the country while displaying text information such as the currently playing artist and song title.
SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY (all models)
Pioneer’s lineup integrates compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones to match consumer demand for continuous connectivity.
- MADE FOR IPHONE – iPhone and iPod users can access and play music from their iTunes® music libraries using the receiver’s front panel controls while simultaneously charging the device’s battery with one amp of charging.
- USB CONNECTIVITY2 – A USB port located at the rear of every receiver will play music stored in USB flash drives and even some hard drives (depending on the power requirements of the hard drive). When a compatible iPhone is connected via the USB port, users can take advantage of Pioneer’s proprietary technology, App Mode, which enables users to listen to their favorite music and streaming audio apps from the connected device. The DEH-X9500BHS offers dual USB ports for connection of two compatible USB devices or media players, offering even greater media source options.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X8500BS, DEH-X8500BH, and DEH-X9500BHS feature built-in Bluetooth wireless capability and allows for hands-free calling as well as music streaming from compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. The receivers also support voice control via Bluetooth when paired with a compatible iPhone® 3GS or later. The user can call a contact or select a playlist, song, artist, or album directly from receiver using the iPhone’s native voice control feature. Supported Bluetooth profiles include the Hands-Free Profile (HFP) for wireless calling and receiving; the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) for wireless audio streaming; Audio Visual Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) version 1.3 for wireless control of devices and artist/song/album metadata (if available) to be viewed; and the Serial Port Profile (SPP) for streaming and control of Pandora internet radio from Android smartphones. To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process, all Bluetooth-equipped models support the Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), which allows the user to pair compatible devices without the need to input PIN codes.
ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY (all models)
Pioneer’s new CD receiver models are designed with a new simplified menu structure for more intuitive operation and easy-to-navigate feature setup. Ultra-personalization of the CD receivers is possible using the dual zone illumination feature, providing more than 210,000 color display customization of the receiver to match the vehicle’s interior lighting or their mood. Illumination of the display and keys can be customized separately for countless color combinations.
For better sound quality and system flexibility, all new models feature three sets of high-volt (4V) RCA pre-outs for connection to aftermarket or OEM external amplifiers.
Pioneer’s high-end single CD receivers will be available in November 2012 with suggested retail prices of $150 (DEH-X7500S), $170 (DEH-X7500HD), $190 (DEH-X8500BS), $210 (DEH-X8500BH) and $260 (DEH-X9500BHS).
For more information follow us on:
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
1Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
2Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing a USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
PIONEER, MIXTRAX and APP MODE are registered trademarks of Pioneer
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
iPOD, iPOD touch, iPHONE and iTUNES are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
Sirius, XM, SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.
2013 PIONEER CD RECEIVERS
|Power||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4||MOSFET 50Wx4|
|RCA L/R Preouts||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)||Three (4V)|
|Dual Zone Illumination||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wired Remote Input||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|HD Radio Tuner||-||Yes||-||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Sound Retriever||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compressed Audio playback||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA||MP3/WMA|
|Android Music Support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|iPod / iPhone Ready||USB||USB||USB||USB||USB|
|USB Control (1 amp)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||
Dual USB Ports
|Built-in Auxiliary Input||Front||Front||Front||Front||Front|
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50456502&lang=en
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Oct. 1, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,181
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,527
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,262
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,327
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 604
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 606
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Oct. 1, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,094
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,802
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sheng Liang to Keynote at SYS-CON's 19th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1-3, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
Oct. 1, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 275
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,328
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Oct. 1, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 881
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 621
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,728
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 717
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 525
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,209
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,327
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 843
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,683
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,432