|By Business Wire||
|October 30, 2012 02:24 PM EDT||
Marmalade (www.madewithmarmalade.com), the cross-platform tool that allows developers to create without compromise - today announced that it will support Windows Phone 8 before the end of 2012. Support for Windows 8 will follow in early 2013, completing Marmalade’s support for the entire Windows family.
Marmalade demonstrated today for the first time during Microsoft’s Build conference in Seattle support for Windows Phone 8, including how new and existing mobile apps and games can quickly and easily be brought to Windows Phone Store and the Windows Store using the Marmalade SDK.
Marmalade has worked closely with Microsoft over the past months to make Windows Phone 8 support available to developers within the Marmalade 6.2 release, coming later this year. With this latest release, developers will be able to take existing apps and games built using Marmalade over to the Windows Phone 8 platform, increasing the reach of their apps.
Many indie game developers and top game studios already take advantage of Marmalade's “build once, deploy all” approach to achieve accelerated time to market across platforms; including iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows desktop. With upcoming support for Windows Phone 8, developers will be able to create high performance games and apps leveraging their C++/OpenGL ES skills, opening up new opportunities with minimum investment and rework thanks to Marmalade’s powerful cross-platform tools.
JC Cimetiere, Director, Windows Phone Partner & Developer programs, Microsoft Corp., said of the release, “Games are a huge part of the Windows Phone 8 user experience and Microsoft aims to provide its developers with diverse tooling options. Cross-platform development tools, like the Marmalade SDK, help developers broaden their consumer reach more quickly. With Marmalade, developers will have a new option to reuse their code to quickly bring games to Windows Phone 8.”
Bryan Biniak, Vice President & General Manager, Global Partner & Application Development, Nokia said: “We are excited to have Marmalade join the Windows Phone 8 ecosystem. The Marmalade SDK accelerates developer time to market and improves the business case for those who want to bring games from other platforms to Windows Phone 8. Nokia’s Lumia devices offer developers the power of Windows Phone 8 and the opportunity to leverage imaginative new capabilities. Together with Marmalade, developers can create amazing experiences that will become part of everyday life for consumers.
Harvey Elliott, Managing Director and COO, Marmalade said: “A recent Vision Mobile report stated that 57% of mobile developers intend to target Windows Phone 8 within the next year. Being a developer-led organization, this innovative new platform is a top priority for us. Naturally, we’re very excited to work with Microsoft to add Windows Phone 8 to our comprehensive cross-platform offering before the end of this year.”
To meet with Marmalade at Build, contact Steph Jorgl [email protected], Mobile 323.316.4054
Marmalade helps spread apps to any device. Our uniquely powerful cross-platform tools save time and effort - leaving developers free to create their next killer app.
Marmalade delivers maximum performance, to empower the creation of richer apps on any device. Native (C/C++) or hybrid (HTML5), we have the tools to deploy to iOS, Android and BlackBerry, Windows and Mac, as well as other platforms including selected Smart TVs - with just one click.
Chart-smashing mobile games rely on Marmalade, from casuals such as Cut the Rope, Plants vs Zombies and Draw Something to high-performance titles like Call of Duty, Need for Speed and Pro Evolution Soccer.
Beyond games, our SDK makes it easy for developers to build rich, highly responsive apps using features such as location, notifications, social media links, camera functionality and more.
Based in London, Marmalade also has a Silicon Valley office and is backed by some heavyweight strategic investors, including ARM Holdings, the world's leading semiconductor intellectual property supplier (LSE: ARM, NASDAQ: ARMH). Marmalade is a trading name of Ideaworks3D Ltd.
madewithmarmalade.com| +44 8456 434 969 | @marmaladeapps | Facebook: Marmalade
Creating cross-platform games? Make sure your apps are madewithmarmalade.com.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1