|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 04:00 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- Three Canadian cleantech companies have signed significant deals with Indian partners, a sign of Canada's leadership in the cleantech sector. The three companies - Electrovaya, Prairie Pulp and Paper, and Westport Innovations - have received support from Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) to commercialize their technologies.
Having inked roughly a third of deals announced as part of the Prime Minister's trip to India, SDTC portfolio companies are expanding Canada's cleantech reputation overseas and positioning Canada as an important trading partner to one of the world's fastest growing economies - and one that is hungry for cleantech innovation.
"SDTC is pleased to see cleantech contribute to successful trade between our countries, allowing Canadian innovation to be a centerpiece for India moving forward in its efforts to use resources more efficiently and effectively," said Vicky Sharpe, President and CEO of SDTC. "As Canada's cleantech market maker, SDTC is proud to contribute to Canada's role as a leader in the dynamic global cleantech marketplace."
The deals signed recently highlight the ways in which cleantech can revolutionize operations, spanning from alternative paper products to off-grid solutions for rural communities to renewable energy management solutions to electric vehicles. India is facing pressure to generate more power with fewer resources, a problem that cleantech addresses.
Deals with SDTC-supported companies include:
-- Prairie Pulp & Paper has signed a technology research and transfer agreement with India's Central Pulp & Paper. Prairie Pulp & Paper markets tree-free paper made in India. -- Westport Innovations will work with New Delhi's Technology Action for Rural Advancement to improve air quality and access to electricity in rural India. The project will see natural gas in mobile phone-tower generators and provide residual power to off-grid communities. -- Westport will also work with Mumbai's Tata Motors on developing a natural-gas engine and related technologies. -- Electrovaya will work with Bhaskar Solar of Kolkata to implement renewable energy management solutions across telecom towers spanning India. -- Electrovaya will also provide lithium ion batteries for the electric vehicles made by Hero Eco of New Delhi.
On behalf of the Government of Canada, Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) helps commercialize Canadian clean technologies, readying them for growth and export markets. With a portfolio of companies under management valued at more than $2 billion, SDTC is demonstrating that cleantech is a driver of jobs, productivity and economic prosperity.
SDTC operates two funds aimed at the development and demonstration of innovative technological solutions. The $590 million SD Tech Fund(TM) supports projects that address climate change, air quality, clean water, and clean soil. The $500 million NextGen Biofuels Fund(TM) supports the establishment of first-of-kind large demonstration-scale facilities for the production of next-generation renewable fuels.
SDTC works with the private sector, the financial sector and all levels of government to meet the Government of Canada's commitment to create a healthy environment and a high quality of life for all Canadians. SDTC operates as a not-for-profit corporation. www.sdtc.ca
(613) 234-6313 x295
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1