|By PR Newswire||
|November 8, 2012 06:31 PM EST||
FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In a public ceremony that began at 9:00 a.m. this morning, the clear, youthful voices of 51 members of the Texas Boys Choir underscored the solemnity and respect that resonated throughout the formal dedication of The JFK Tribute, a permanent open air exhibit that fills a 2,000 square foot section of General Worth Square in Fort Worth. The event recognized the significance of President John F. Kennedy's visit to Fort Worth and his final speeches given on the morning of November 22, 1963.
Today, as then, a large crowd gathered at the intersection of 8th and Main to hear dignitaries and civic and community leaders speak about the ideals of our nation.
"The events of that day in 1963 have imbued the Fort Worth visit with extraordinary significance," said Taylor Gandy, JFK Tribute Co-Chair. "President Kennedy's vision and the impact of his leadership are as relevant now as then."
The JFK Tribute is the culmination of over a decade of work by a public-private partnership spearheaded by Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives Inc. (DFWII), and Shirlee J. and Taylor Gandy to create a tribute to Kennedy commemorating his historic visit to Fort Worth and his immutable ideals of freedom, courage, discovery and leadership, which he shared in his speeches delivered here.
The JFK Tribute extends beyond the outdoor site: there is an internet-based multi-media platform available for visitors through cell phone-accessible audio tours and on the web: www.jfktribute.com.
About Downtown Fort Worth, Inc., Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc.
In the early 1980s, Fort Worth began the urban revitalization of its downtown central business district aided by a private sector voice, Downtown Fort Worth, Inc. (DFWI). DFWI was established by a group of dedicated downtown property owners in December of 1981. This membership-based, 501(c)(6) organization has evolved into a significant champion for progress and excellence in downtown Fort Worth. In 1988, Downtown Fort Worth, Inc. formed Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc. (DFWII), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to provide a pathway for foundation grants, philanthropic donations and other contributions to help fund charitable, educational and public-purpose downtown projects. For information on both organizations, please visit www.dfwi.org.
For JFK Tribute event photos and video: www.jfktribute.com/news.
SOURCE Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1