|By PR Newswire||
|November 9, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
CHANTILLY, Va. and DUBLIN, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A recent qualitative survey of 11 global directory publishers in six countries reveals 73 percent expect mobile services to be a major part of their business by 2016, and that the vast majority of them are already offering mobile related services to their customers. The survey also identifies full-service mobile website creation as a significant opportunity for directory publishers to assist small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to capitalize on the power of mobile advertising.
These findings are part of a joint research study published by BIA/Kelsey, a trusted advisor to local media companies, and dotMobi, makers of the mobile website publishing platform goMobi. The report, titled, "The Strategic Value of Mobile for Directory Publishers," details how directory publishers worldwide are leveraging the opportunity of the mobile web for themselves and their customers. The report examines the expected revenue growth around mobile product segments for the publishing industry and examines the investments and infrastructure they are building to help their SMB customers market themselves through the mobile channel.
The report indicates mobile's share of directory publisher revenue is currently at five percent of total revenues, which outpaces its share (0.6 percent) of overall local ad spending.
Commenting on this forecast, Michael Boland, analyst and program director for Mobile Local Media at BIA/Kelsey, said, "Overall, BIA/Kelsey reports that about 0.6 percent of local ad spending is currently devoted to mobile. Though this is a U.S. figure, mobile's share and growth rate are projected to be similar in many other developed nations. Also, as this survey reveals, mobile's current share of revenue is slightly higher than other local media, such as newspapers, which indicates a strong position for directory publishers."
Other highlights from the report include:
- The size of the mobile opportunity is made evident by the increase in mobile local search, which BIA/Kelsey predicts will eclipse desktop local search by 2015 (source: BIA/Kelsey's Mobile Local Media Forecast 2012).
- Widespread confidence revenue growth will occur with revenue streams mostly coming from mobile ad placement.
- Advantages for directory publishers around mobile include direct sales channels, strengths in local business categories that are conducive to mobile and ability to bundle and cross-promote mobile products.
- The mobile opportunity comes into even greater light when examining the currently low penetration of SMB mobile-optimized websites. This situation offers directory publishers the opportunity to provide full-service mobile website creation to their SMB clients.
"There is a high level of awareness among advertisers that there is a need to have a mobile presence, but many are not clear what route they should take or how to establish a mobile presence for their businesses," said Eileen O'Sullivan, COO, dotMobi. "This presents a distinct opportunity for directory publishers to bring cost effective solutions to their advertisers for everyone's benefit. This report offers valuable insights that will assist publishers understand what investments should be made to stay ahead of user trends and deploy best of breed advertiser solutions."
The report is available free of charge at www.biakelsey.com/mobilereport.asp.
About the Study
In August and September of 2012, BIA/Kelsey and dotMobi conducted 11 phone interviews with leading directory publishers in the U.S., Canada, France, Italy, Israel and Australia. On each call, a detailed interview schema was used to extract an understanding of the opportunities the mobile web presents for directory publishers and their customers. The goal of the research was to develop an overall strategic and tactical view of how this dynamic segment is being viewed by global publishers, rather than focus on specific companies. More details are available at: www.biakelsey.com/mobilereport.asp.
Headquartered in Dublin, dotMobi — a wholly owned subsidiary of Afilias Limited — is a worldwide leader in enabling the development and discovery of quality mobile content through innovative services, in turn helping businesses and individuals reach the world's billions of mobile phone users. dotMobi spurs mobile industry innovation by giving content providers the tools they need to ensure the Web will work on mobile devices with speed, accuracy and relevant content. Visit http://dotMobi.mobi for more information on .MOBI domains and all dotMobi services, including DeviceAtlas and the goMobi mobile website publishing solution. For more information, please visit: http://gomobi.info/.
BIA/Kelsey advises companies in the local media space through consulting and valuation services, research, Continuous Advisory Services and conferences. Since 1983, BIA/Kelsey has been a resource to the media, mobile advertising, telecommunications, Yellow Pages and electronic directory markets, as well as to government agencies, law firms and investment companies looking to understand trends and revenue drivers. BIA/Kelsey's annual conferences draw executives from across industries seeking expert guidance on how companies are finding innovative ways to grow. Additional information is available at http://www.biakelsey.com, on the company's Local Media Watch blog, Twitter (http://twitter.com/BIAKelsey) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/biakelsey).
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1