|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 07:43 AM EST||
CHESTER, England, November 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Basic rate taxpayers need a rate of 3.39 per cent to gain benefit in real terms, increasing to 4.50 per cent for higher rate taxpayers
Today's announcement by the Bank of England that The Consumer Price Index (CPI) has soared from 2.2 per cent - its lowest level in almost three years - to 2.7 per cent means consumers should be checking their savings rates even more to ensure they are maximising their returns, according to MoneySupermarket.com.
To beat inflation, basic rate tax payers will need an account paying at least 3.39 per cent to gain benefit in real terms from their savings, increasing to 4.51 per cent for higher rate tax payers, and 5.41 per cent for 50 per cent tax payers.
For basic rate tax payers there are only 11 accounts that beat inflation, all of them being fixed rate bonds. For higher rate tax payers no accounts that beat inflation.
Kevin Mountford, head of banking, at MoneySupermarket.com, said: "Today's news that inflation has risen by to 2.7 per cent after last month's decrease is a blow to savers and struggling UK households, with the impact of the price increases on energy combined with rising food and petrol costs pushing the cost of living upwards.
"It is as ever vitally important savers check their rates and be prepared to switch if they are not currently on the most competitive deal. The difference between the average and top paying rates can be significant, so moving to a better deal can go a long way to help savers limit the impact of inflation on their pots.
"Only a handful of savings accounts currently beat inflation, and all of them are fixed rate products. However, even if you cannot find an account that beats inflation, consumers need to make sure they are on the best deals possible to limit the impact of inflation and using products such as Cash ISAs to take advantage of the tax free benefits is a must. Savers should also consider looking at alternative products such as offsetting savings against mortgage borrowing, peer-to-peer lending, or structured savings products."
MoneySupermarket.com compares (at 30th August 2012)
- 107 car insurance providers and 82 home insurance providers
- 12 broadband providers and 18 energy providers
- 32 unsecured loan and 6 secured loan providers
- 62 mortgage lenders and 28 credit card providers
- 66 savings providers and 37 current account providers.
- Over 1,200,000 mobile phone deals
We help our customers to save money on all of their household bills by providing a free, easy to use online service so they can compare a wide range of products in one place and find the product most suited to their needs. Our size means we are able to offer our customers exclusive, market-leading deals, including some they can't even get direct from providers.
By having considerable volumes of informed customers actively looking for products and ready to purchase, we offer our providers an efficient and cost effective customer acquisition solution across all of our channels. This enables our providers to target their marketing spend in an effective and completely measurable way.
Our revenue comes predominantly from fees paid to us by product providers when a customer clicks through to their website and actually applies for or purchases a product. It is a success based marketing fee.
Our customer commitment
- We make it easy to find the brands you expect to see
- We strive to ensure a product cannot be found cheaper by going direct
- We let you remain in control of your personal data
- We are independent and impartial
- We make it easy to switch and save
- We strive to always show the most competitive product available
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1