|By Marketwired .||
|November 13, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
IRVINE, CA and NASHUA, NH -- (Marketwire) -- 11/13/12 -- Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba -- www.telecom.toshiba.com) and Jabra, a world leader in innovative headset solutions, today announced the certification of interoperability of the Jabra GO 6470 hands-free headset with Toshiba's SoftIPT® softphone and desk phones that work with Toshiba's IPedge® and Strata® CIX IP business telephone systems. Additionally, the Jabra GO 9470 is compatible with Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solutions.
The Jabra GO 6470 can connect to three devices -- desk, mobile and softphones -- at the same time, enabling the use of one headset for all calls. A professional headset designed with mobile workers in mind, the GO 6470's Bluetooth® wireless technology allows users to easily take the headset on the road and connect it to a mobile phone when traveling for business. The Jabra GO 6470 is part of the Jabra GO 6400 Series and features high-quality sound, Noise Blackout technology and three wearing styles for greater comfort.
"This certification further exemplifies our commitment to ensuring that our products are interoperable with Toshiba's SoftIPT softphone, desk phones and unified communications offerings," said Pete Fox, president, Jabra North America. "As more and more workers migrate towards multiple forms of UC voice communication, the GO 6470 meets those demands and comes fully equipped with multiuse technology and an easy-to-use touch screen experience."
"We are pleased to expand our relationship with JABRA. The new certification of Jabra GO 6470 headset ensures our customers that it is compatible and well integrated with Toshiba's IPedge, VIPedge and Strata CIX business telephone systems as well as Toshiba's desk telephones and softphone products," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division.
Working together since 2007, this certification demonstrates Jabra's and Toshiba's continued commitment to work together to develop integrated unified communications solutions.
Jabra is the brand of GN Netcom, a subsidiary of GN Store Nord A/S (GN) -- listed on NASDAQ OMX. Jabra employs approximately 850 people worldwide and in 2011 produced an annual revenue which amounted to DKK 2,106 million. Jabra is a world leader in the development, manufacturing, and marketing of a broad range of hands-free communications solutions. With a reputation for innovation, reliability, and ease of use that goes back more than two decades, Jabra's consumer and business divisions produce corded and wireless headsets, plus mobile and in-office speakerphones that empower individuals and businesses through increased freedom of movement, comfort, and functionality.
About Toshiba America Information Systems Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the three business units of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site, regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud service supports up to 60 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users, and offer Voice over IP, voicemail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's notebooks, tablet PCs, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2012 Toshiba America Information Systems Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
© GN Netcom A/S. All rights reserved. Jabra © is a registered trademark of GN Netcom A/S. All other trademarks included herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1