|By Business Wire||
|November 13, 2012 11:01 AM EST||
The Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC), an organization driving global innovation for phone-centric car connectivity solutions, today announced a public contest to determine MirrorLink’s first tagline. Developed by CCC members, MirrorLink is a car-connectivity standard for controlling a nearby smartphone from the steering wheel or via dashboard buttons and screens. The contest begins today.
“One of the best things about the CCC is the spirited collaboration we’ve been able to inspire among auto and tech enthusiasts,” said Mika Rytkonen, president and chairman of the CCC. “That’s really what MirrorLink is all about: the love of driving and mobile technology together. When it comes to expressing the best of MirrorLink in a fun, witty one-liner, we thought we’d consult the entire universe of drivers and passengers. After all, they are the most important stakeholders in the connected-car ecosystem.”
The first place winner will receive a MirrorLink-enabled Sony XAV 701HD* car radio and compatible Nokia E7 smartphone. Second- and third-place winners each will receive a MirrorLink-enabled Sony XAV 601BT and compatible Nokia E7 smartphone.
There are three easy steps to participate:
1. “Like” the CCC on Facebook
2. Review a brief set of MirrorLink key messages
3. E-mail submissions to [email protected].
Individuals may submit as many taglines as they like for consideration. The contest closes on Monday, December 17. Winners will be notified shortly thereafter. For eligibility and a complete list of rules, please click here.
“The tagline contest is a great way to get people excited about MirrorLink and to spread the word about the technology’s many benefits,” said Alan Ewing, executive director of the CCC. “Plus, our winners will take home some of the world’s best and most powerful connected driving devices for their unlimited enjoyment.”
*If HD radio service is unavailable in the winner’s country of residence, the winner will receive a Sony XAV 601BT instead, paired with a Nokia E7 smartphone.
About the Sony XAV-701HD and XAV-601BT
The new XAV-701HD and XAV-601BT in-dash A/V receivers feature high-quality, double DIN WVGA displays with full touch screen capability and universal smartphone connectivity, enabling users to control music and apps with their compatible smartphones. In addition to streaming compatible smartphone screen content to the in-dash screen, these new models also feature Passenger App Control®, which allows connection of an iPhone® or iPod® (via USB) to the system. These models feature an advanced graphical user interface with three-dimensional screen visualizers and ultra-fast response. Users have the freedom to customize the receiver's wallpaper or choose from a number of preset screen visualizers. The interface also displays album artwork during music playback. The system works with Pandora® on iPhone®, Android®, and Blackberry® phones, and is SiriusXM Satellite Radio ready. Sony's Advanced Sound Engine with EQ7 allows customization of audio settings for a truly impressive listening experience. In addition, the XAV-701HD model features a built-in HD Radio tuner with iTunes Tagging, while the XAV-601BT model has a fully detachable faceplate. The XAV-701HD and XAV-601BT are available for about $700 and $550 respectively at Sony Stores, online at www.sony.com/car as well as throughout the Sony Authorized Dealer Network nationwide.
About the Car Connectivity Consortium
The CCC is dedicated to cross-industry collaboration in developing MirrorLink™ global standards and solutions for smartphone and in-vehicle connectivity. Members are among the world’s leading automotive, mobile communications and consumer electronics companies. For further information visit www.carconnectivity.org.
Sony is a registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1