|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 01:46 PM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A recently published report by Dell'Oro Group, the trusted source for market information about the networking and telecommunications industries, indicates that rapidly growing LTE revenues were not enough to offset falling 2G/3G revenues as the total mobile RAN market declined 11 percent in 3Q12. RAN equipment sales that started to weaken in the latter part of 2011, continued to affect total mobile RAN revenues during the third quarter of 2012, driven by a technology mix shift from 3G to 4G, lower average selling prices, more network modernization projects and uncertain macro-economic conditions.
"This is the fourth straight quarter that total mobile RAN revenues have suffered double-digit declines year over year," said Stefan Pongratz, analyst with Dell'Oro Group. "The good news is that we are seeing operators increasingly putting an emphasis on network coverage, performance, and quality, in the hope of differentiating their networks. They know that once they fall behind on LTE coverage/performance, it will become increasingly challenging to generate net adds. This is spurring LTE spending/commitments not only in the US, Japan, and Korea, but now also in Russia, Brazil, and even the UK and France," continued Pongratz.
The report also reveals that Ericsson maintained its leadership position in LTE. Nokia Siemens Networks, helped by operators commercializing LTE in Japan, passed Alcatel-Lucent to become the number two LTE vendor as measured by RAN revenue shares. Huawei and Alcatel-Lucent shared the third spot with approximately 15 percent of LTE RAN revenue shares respectively.
About the Report
The Dell'Oro Group Mobile RAN Quarterly Report offers complete, in-depth coverage of the market with tables covering manufacturers' revenue, average selling prices, transceiver or RF carrier shipments, and unit shipments for base station controllers, base transceiver stations for GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, Mobile WiMAX, and LTE. To purchase this report, call Julie Learmond-Criqui at +1.650.622.9400 x244 or email [email protected].
About Dell'Oro Group
As the trusted source for market information about the networking and telecommunications industries, Dell'Oro Group provides in-depth, objective research and analysis that enables component manufacturers, equipment vendors, and investment firms to make fact-based, strategic decisions. For more information, contact Dell'Oro Group at +1.650.622.9400 or visit www.DellOro.com.
SOURCE Dell'Oro Group
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1