|By Business Wire||
|November 14, 2012 09:03 AM EST||
Rightware, the leader in embedded user interface (UI) technologies and benchmarking software tools, today introduced Browsermark 2.0 – a free to use benchmark designed from the ground up to measure and compare the performance of any browser on any internet enabled device including desktops, notebooks, tablets, smartphones and more.
In addition to measuring general browsing functionality tests like page loading, page resizing and conformance testing for HTML5 and network speed, Browsermark 2.0 also features 4 new areas of testing: WebGL, Canvas, HTML5, and CSS3/3D.
“We are all frustrated with the performance of our browser, based on the device we are web browsing on, and continually ask, ‘Am I expecting too much from my tablet?’” said Tero Sarkkinen, CEO of Rightware. “Browsermark answers that question for you! This simple-to-run test will help you decide which browser provides the best web experience for your device. In addition to measuring your own device, consumers can check out the latest results of many devices in our Power Board online database. We believe these two technologies will help to improve the user experience on every device.”
All of the data will be uploaded to Rightware’s Power Board online database. Power Board gathers and maintains all of the official benchmarking data from all of the company’s benchmarking tools. Power Board allows access to benchmarking data of graphics, system, multicore, browser and user interface performance of various devices which are running different operating systems and hardware.
Rightware is the provider of the world’s most widely adopted benchmarking software for mobile and tablet devices and automotive systems. Rightware’s famous Basemark products are developed within the industry’s most impartial and transparent benchmark development program. This program was done in close cooperation with leading mobile phone manufacturers, semiconductor companies and operators to ensure the most reliable and objective benchmark products.
Information for Editors and Benchmarkers
Browsermark measures browser performance by executing a variety of carefully studied tests in the browser; Browsermark scores are not influenced by Internet connection speed or latency.
Browsermark takes 4 minutes to run during which time it evaluates the browser's performance with the following tests: rendering, WebGl, HTML5 video, HTML5 web worker, data manipulation, DOM operations and text parsing.
Browsermark scores are in operations per second. When a browser (A) scores twice as much as another browser (B) on the same device it means that for a given test either:
- Browser A ran twice as many operations as browser B in the same time period, or
- Browser A ran the test in half the time as browser B
By choosing a browser with a high Browsermark score, you are ensuring a faster and smoother web experience within the limitations of your Internet connection speed. When choosing between several devices, such as tablets or smart-phones, a higher Browsermark score in one device indicates a more powerful and faster CPU and GPU than in a lower scoring device.
Rightware® is the market leader in 3D User Interface technology, serving mobile, automotive and other embedded industries with its Kanzi® solution for rapid 3D user interface design and deployment. Rightware has introduced the world’s first commercially available stereoscopic 3D (S3D) UI solution for embedded devices. Rightware also develops industry leading system performance analysis tools and its renowned product portfolio includes the Basemark™ product family for various benchmarking purposes, including industry standard benchmarks for OpenGL ES, OpenVG, OpenCL, Android, Linux, and Windows Mobile performance measurement. Rightware is headquartered in Espoo, Finland and has offices in Saratoga, CA, Shanghai and Munich. More information: www.rightware.com
Rightware and Kanzi are trademarks or registered trademarks solely owned and controlled by Rightware Oy and are protected by applicable trademark law, and may not be used to any extent without the express prior written consent of Rightware Oy in each instance. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1