|By PR Newswire||
|November 14, 2012 11:01 AM EST||
DENVER, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Travelers at Denver International Airport now have the ability to make domestic and international phone calls free of charge. The free, ad-supported calling service, called RMT Free Phone, is accessible at more than 200 landline phones located throughout Jeppesen Terminal and all three concourses. The airport's advertising concessionaire, Clear Channel Airports, partnered with RMES Communications to launch this world-class customer amenity in November. Denver International Airport is the first airport in the world to offer free global calling.
More than 50 million passengers a year now have access to unlimited, local and national calls free of any charges. In addition, all international calls will be free of any charges for the first 10 minutes; calls lasting longer than ten minutes will be charged at the rate of $0.25 per minute and 15 percent tax.
"This is another example of how Denver International Airport continuously looks for ways to enhance the customer experience and provide world-class service," said Chief Commercial Officer John Ackerman. "While mobile phone usage has increased over the years, there is still a significant population who may not have access to a mobile phone because they do not own one, are traveling abroad, or their phone needs to be recharged. This new service offers travelers the ability to call most areas of the world for free, connecting customers with loved ones and business partners around the globe."
To support this free telecommunication service, the phones are equipped with true high definition 17-inch LCD screens that are used for digital advertising and run over Voice over IP. This new technology allows advertisers to promote their products airport-wide with 15-second digital advertisements, and offers customers digital coupons via QR codes as well as opt-in SMS-advertising.
"The new network has been in development for quite some time, and we are excited to finally offer it to Denver International Airport customers," said Miles Malone, Vice President of RMES Communications. "Although mobile is the most effective and convenient way to stay connected, there are times when cellular service for international visitors is not convenient. We're excited to partner with Clear Channel Airports and Denver International Airport to make domestic and international calling accessible and free to customers."
About RMES Communications
RMES Communications, a 36-year-old firm providing a variety of telecommunications products and services throughout the industry, has offered services at Denver International Airport since its opening in 1995. The organization employs a full staff of telecommunication engineers, data network design engineers, project managers and technicians. Through unique teaming arrangements RMES Communications provides additional personnel for a number of multi-discipline technical support and engineering requirements. Areas of coverage include, but are not limited to the following: Voice, Video and Data. RMES Communications recently partnered with Clear Channel Airports and service provider, Rich Multimedia Technologies (RMT), to provide RMT Free Phone at Denver International Airport.
About Denver International Airport
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the 11th-busiest airport in the world and the fifth-busiest airport in the United States. With more than 50 million passengers traveling through the airport each year, DEN is one of the busiest airline hubs in the world's largest aviation market. DEN is the primary economic engine of the state of Colorado, generating more than $22 billion for the region annually. For more information visit www.flydenver.com, check us out on YouTube, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Media Contact: Herman Malone
SOURCE Clear Channel Outdoor
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1