|By Marketwired .||
|November 14, 2012 06:00 PM EST||
MILPITAS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/14/12 -- Vuclip, the world's largest independent mobile video and media company, has raised $13 million in Series D funding led by SingTel Innov8, a new strategic investor, and existing investors NEA and Jafco Ventures. The funds raised will be used to meet tremendous global demand particularly in Asia, the Middle East and Latin America, as well as to further innovation around Vuclip's media and advertising platform.
The rapid growth of Vuclip in the past year includes achievements such as hitting 45 million monthly active unique users and 1.2 billion minutes of video viewing per month, as well as approaching a double-digit million-dollar revenue run-rate. Additionally, the company has introduced an iOS app as part of a complementary app and browser strategy to address the needs of all mobile video viewers no matter the device or quality of network they are on.
"We believe that growth in mobile video is being driven by three major factors: the spread of low cost smart phones, rapid growth of mobile-only internet users and demand for compelling content. We see this happening in emerging markets in ways that are different compared to developed markets," said Nickhil Jakatdar, CEO, Vuclip. "This is very much informing our vision and strategy for reaching consumers, carriers, content providers and advertisers worldwide as a media platform and we believe we are on a unique, global path to success."
The Benefits of Vuclip
With Vuclip, 45 million monthly active users worldwide enjoy a consistent mobile video experience regardless of the model of device they own. Vuclip has pioneered ease of sharing across more than 5,500 different models of handsets and tablets, as well as compression of files by up to 80 percent, reducing the consumption of data in the newly capped mobile data plans.
Via Vuclip, global and regional content providers such as AP (Associated Press) and UTV benefit from being able to monetize quality mobile content while reaching as many viewers as possible.
Also, global brands such as Cadbury Silk and Samsung are able to branch out successfully into the burgeoning mobile video advertising space, gaining exposure to consumers who are highly engaged and within the right, tailored context for the brand.
Additionally, Vuclip partners with operators such as Vodafone and Airtel worldwide, offering incremental revenue opportunities, reduced tolls on data load in the face of growing mobile media consumption and custom products.
Commentary from Vuclip Investors
"Innov8 is focused on identifying the next generation of leaders in enterprise, network and digital media," said Jeff Karras, Managing Director, SingTel Innov8. "Vuclip has built an impressive user base, monetization strategy, and management team and is truly emerging as a leading mobile media company."
"Most of the world's first internet experience is on a cell phone," said Nick Sturiale, General Partner, Jafco Ventures. "Vuclip is the fastest growing video service since YouTube, but has much better engagement. The company is poised to be a dominant global media services platform."
"Today consumers have nearly unlimited options in how they spend time on their mobile devices, and Vuclip is clearly delivering content that consumers want to engage with," said Rohini Chakravarthy, Partner, NEA. "Sixty-five percent of videos consumed via Vuclip are shared -- this is an extraordinary rate of social sharing, and it's driving tremendous growth in the company."
For millions of people around the world, Vuclip is an essential part of their daily lives. Vuclip serves video on-the-fly, on any device, and in any country, providing unparalleled reach for its partners. Every day Vuclip delivers more than 20 million videos to consumers all over the world. Vuclip is headquartered in Milpitas, California with offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Singapore, Dubai, Shenzhen and Beijing. Check out Vuclip on your phone: m.vuclip.com.
For more details, please contact:
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1