|By RealWire News Distribution||
|November 15, 2012 07:15 AM EST||
New company Enlogic launches a critical component in the fight against data centre energy waste.
15 November 2012 - Worcester, UK - With rising energy costs, increasing IT complexity, and mounting pressure from government to restrict carbon emissions with tax penalties, the data centre industry is facing an energy crisis. As effective power management is more important than ever, Enlogic is launching its intelligent range of energy metering Power Distribution Units (PDUs), providing the critical component in the fight against data centre energy waste.
Working like a brain within the rack, Enlogic's intelligent range of energy metering PDUs and environmental sensors actively monitor the data centre environment, continually looking for threats from electrical circuit overloads, and any conditions which might place critical IT computing loads at risk. A small but vital part of the energy supply chain, the Enlogic PDU provides data centre and facilities managers with the comprehensive intelligence needed to efficiently utilise power resources within the rack. This enables them to make informed capacity planning decisions, improve uptime, measure PUE (power usage effectiveness) and support green initiatives.
Enlogic was founded in March 2011 by a highly skilled and talented management team dedicated to creating a positive and necessary change in the PDU market and solving real world power distribution problems for its customers. With its large investment in research and development, Enlogic is ambitious and confident about its ability and potential to make a real difference to data centre energy management across the globe.
Paul Inett, vice-president of Enlogic, says: "Various legislation and directives such as the UK Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) and European Union Energy-Using Product (EuP) are increasing the pressure on data centre personnel to rapidly reduce the energy used and carbon produced by the company's IT facilities. This kind of change must link to equipment at the rack level, so making the right PDU choice is critical to solving these specific rack energy management problems. Enlogic is confident we can offer advanced technology and the expertise to be able to guide the industry through a potential energy crisis and provide the right tools for companies to continue to achieve growth."
For further information, please visit: http://www.enlogic.com/
Enlogic's intelligent range of energy metering PDUs actively monitor the data centre environment, working like a brain within the rack. Continually looks for threats from electrical circuit overloads, the Enlogic PDU monitors any physical and environmental conditions which might place critical IT computing loads at risk.
Enlogic understands that the rack PDU (power distribution unit) is a small but vital part of the data centre energy supply chain, a critical component. This has driven the company's commitment to offer high quality innovative products that truly solve real world problems through extensive research and development.
Founded in March 2011, Enlogic employs more than 60 professional staff across its global offices in the UK, Germany, USA, Singapore, China and Australia. Collectively, Enlogic employees are responsible for 26 patent applications, 16 of those directly related to the design and progression of rack PDUs.
With Enlogic, the management team and engineers continue to prove they are the best and brightest in this industry, building upon extensive careers working for blue chip employers including ABB, APC, BT, Emerson Network, Hitachi, Intel, Invensys, Nokia, Siemens, Omron, Pentair, Schneider Electric, and the US Department of Energy, among others.
Sharing their expertise, Enlogic aims to provide data centre IT and facilities stakeholders with enhanced knowledge to solve specific rack energy management problems.
For further information please visit: http://www.enlogic.com/
Emma Theron / Melanie Johnson / Ramandeep Sahota
Tel: +44 (0) 118 909 0909
Email: [email protected]
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1