|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 02:03 PM EST||
CHERRY HILL, N.J., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- My MS Manager™, the first-of-its-kind mobile phone application developed to help individuals better manage their MS, is now available on the Android platform. Since its launch in the Apple App Store in June of 2011, My MS Manager has been downloaded more than 9,000 times, with users entering data about their MS on various Apple mobile products. Developed in conjunction with Ringful Health, My MS Manager offers individuals a convenient and effective tool to manage the ever-changing course of the disease.
According to rock-n-roll photographer and MSAA Ambassador Anna Webber, My MS Manager has made a difference in her life. "The travel and hours alone in my industry are enough to wreak havoc on a healthy body, let alone one that is managing MS on a daily basis," says Webber. "My MS Manager has been a life saver for me! It keeps me on top of everything, from taking my medicine to journaling my flare-ups and any other issue that I might encounter. My MS Manager has filled an important void in managing not only my MS, but my health."
MSAA President and CEO Douglas G. Franklin states, "It is always our goal to help more people in more places by delivering our services to the MS community. Expanding My MS Manager to the Android market accomplishes just that. With over half of the smartphone population utilizing Android phones, it is important to make sure this innovative application for the MS community is made available to as many people as possible."
My MS Manager allows an individual to input and store:
- Comprehensive medical records
- Contact information of one's healthcare team
- Descriptions of MS flare-ups, tracking their duration, frequency, and intensity
- Information about side effects and effective treatment strategies
- Important details essential to staying one step ahead of your MS
- News feed with up-to-date MS information and articles
Michael Yuan, CEO of Ringful Health, stresses the importance of continuing expansion of this initiative to the largest mobile phone market to better help the MS community. "The MSAA My MS Manager iPhone application is a great success. As Android passes 50% of the US smartphone market share, it is very important for us to bring high quality MS management tools to those users as well."
The expansion of My MS Manager has been made possible by the support from Genentech, Inc. and Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation.
Visit www.msassociation.org/mobile to learn more about My MS Manager.
The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) is a national, nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the quality of life for everyone affected by multiple sclerosis. MSAA provides free, vital programs and services, such as: a toll-free Helpline; award-winning publications including a magazine, The Motivator; website featuring educational videos and research updates; S.E.A.R.C.H.™ program to assist the MS community with learning about different treatment choices; a mobile phone app, My MS Manager™; a resource database, My MS Resource Locator; equipment distribution ranging from grab bars to wheelchairs; cooling accessories for heat-sensitive individuals; educational events and activities; MRI funding and insurance advocacy; and more. For additional information, please visit www.msassociation.org or call (800) 532-7667.
About Ringful Health
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Ringful Health is a leader in providing patient-centered and evidence-based teamwork solutions to help hospitals and communities improve healthcare outcome, patient safety, and reduce cost through mobile and decision support technologies.
About Multiple Sclerosis
The most common neurological disorder diagnosed in young adults, multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease of the central nervous system. This disorder damages or destroys the protective covering (known as myelin) surrounding the nerves, causing reduced communication between the brain and nerve pathways. Common symptoms include visual problems, overwhelming fatigue, difficulty with balance and coordination, and various levels of impaired mobility. MS is not contagious or fatal.
SOURCE Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1