|By Marketwired .||
|November 16, 2012 09:30 AM EST||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 11/16/12 -- First Corporation (OTCBB: FSTC) reports Gecko Landmarks is successfully competing in the mobile phone mapping industry using pinpoint accuracy and incredible speed to increase market share. Gecko's Landmark API service is the most advanced landmark technology available and a world leader in the provision of well known local landmarks. Positioned to compete in the international marketplace, First Corporation is using Landmark API's incredible speed and pinpoint accuracy to raise Gecko's popularity among mobile telecom companies. Impressed with its performance, First Corporation is moving ahead securing a larger stake in Gecko.
A recent news story pointed to the inaccuracies prevalent with the major suppliers of mapping services. According to a Bloomberg article on November 14, Van Baker, an analyst at Gartner, Inc., the world's leading IT research and advisory company, said, "A lot of people don't trust Apple's maps right now." In the same article, the head of Nokia's location and commerce unit, Michael Halbherr, noted the mapping industry is focusing more on precision in maps after Apple was criticized over initial errors in its iPhone navigation software.
According to First Corporation, the major drawbacks in the mapping services industry today are the lack of accuracy and slow loading of maps. Compared to other mapping services, Landmark API is able to access the sought after location in just 2-3 seconds. In most cases, Landmark API does not require the user to wait the usual minute or two for a map to load. Not limited to Android or iPhones, Landmark works on every phone with Internet capability regardless of make or model. Its accuracy, speed and ability to use the most generic of handsets puts Gecko far ahead of its competitors.
Having completed a $1 million progressive investment for 10% of Gecko, First Corporation plans to increase its stake in Gecko using Landmarks API incredible speed and accuracy to market Gecko and raise its popularity among Internet telecom companies. The telecoms can offer their subscribers the Landmark API location information service in a format that is commonly understood everywhere. A rich user experience, including incredible speed and accuracy is the most meaningful way to communicate a location. Landmark API is compatible with all the world's 6 billion Internet capable handsets.
About Gecko Landmarks
Gecko Landmarks offers landmark-based location services. Gecko's landmark data covers every country with high accuracy. The landmark data is needed to enable every mobile phone to access and use location-based services. Gecko's approach offers consumers instant understanding of the location. Location technology, social network and mobile phone companies plug in landmark data to enhance user experience. Learn more about Gecko Landmarks at www.geckolandmarks.com.
About First Corporation
First Corporation was incorporated under the laws of the State of Colorado on December 27, 1995. The Company's activities to date have been limited to organization and capital formation.
This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The statements reflect First Corporation's current views with respect to future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Among others, these risks include the failure to complete First Corporation's planned acquisition, its liquidity position and its ability to obtain new funding. In the light of these uncertainties the forward-looking events referred to in this release might not occur, and actual events could differ materially from those described in First Corporation's forward-looking statements.
Emerson Gerard Associates
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1