|By PR Newswire||
|November 16, 2012 10:01 AM EST||
LONDON, November 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Samsung is a company on the up, with strong revenues coming from their smartphones. It's hardly surprising; Samsung makes more smartphone models than practically anyone else, and all are marketed at different markets, with good quality and specs features. The Samsung Galaxy Y is a great example of Samsung's strategy.
The 'Y' of the Galaxy Y's name stands for 'Youth'. You see, it's marketed at the younger members of our society, and has the features to back it up. There's Wi-Fi and mobile 3G internet connection options, so it's possible - and very easy - to get online from anywhere. With Facebook and Twitter now to popular, to be successful it's essential a smartphone can access these services at any time. The built-in Social Hub, which is a Samsung-only app, is only feature that demonstrates Samsung's recognition of social media capabilities as important. The Social Hub collects together messages and updates from many sources - email, text, instant messages, LinkedIn, Facebook and so on - in one place. It makes socialising that little bit easy.
The Samsung Galaxy Y is also designed for fast socialising. The Swype feature lets you type by just touching the first letter of the word you want and then dragging your finger from letter to letter to spell your chosen word. It makes messaging very fast, with claims of 50 words per minute and up. It also makes texting with one hand fast too.
Updating social networks with new photos is catered for with the 2MP camera, and there's an integrated music player and YouTube preinstalled for entertainment value. Which brings us on to apps? With the Samsung Galaxy Y running Android, in fact the most popular version, 2.3 Gingerbread, it can access the Google Play Store. Here there are hundreds of thousands of apps, letting users read the news, play games and customise their phones whenever and wherever.
Then, there's the price. At Carphone Warehouse, for example, the Samsung Galaxy Y is available free with a Pay monthly contract of just £7.50. You'll also get free calls, texts and internet data. Don't want a contract? The Pay as you go price at the same retailer is a wallet friendly £64.95. Even the pricing is well thought out.
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad
In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner 'Best Buy Mobile'. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse's European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
Best Buy Europe
SOURCE Carphone Warehouse
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1