|By Business Wire||
|November 19, 2012 08:02 AM EST||
For the fifth consecutive year, Plantronics (NYSE: PLT) has been honored with multiple CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards. Plantronics is proud to announce that the Voyager Legend™ UC headset, Blackwire® 720 headset, Calisto® 620 speakerphone, M55™ headset, and Find MyHeadset™ application, have been named International CES Innovations 2013 Honorees across six categories demonstrating Plantronics’ continued ability to serve a wide variety of needs across the communications space.
“Innovation is at our core and we continue to drive our technology to help simplify and improve the communication experience for business and individuals alike,” said Joe Burton, chief technology officer at Plantronics. “Being honored by CEA year after year highlights Plantronics' position as a true innovator and industry leader."
Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products across 29 product categories.
Voyager Legend UC
The Voyager Legend UC, the unified communications version of the award winning Voyager Legend headset, placed in two innovation categories; Wireless Handset Accessories and Computer Accessories. The Voyager Legend UC works seamlessly with a mobile phone and computer for softphone calls. It has three precisely tuned microphones and enhanced DSP that optimize your voice and minimize noise caused by wind, movement, and background sounds. Industry-first Smart Sensor™ technology intuitively directs calls to your phone or headset and allows you to automatically answer by placing the headset on your ear. The Voyager Legend proactively delivers voice alerts to keep you informed of battery level, connection status and announces caller name.
The one of a kind Blackwire 720 is an honoree in the Headset category as a device that provides the best of both worlds: wireless flexibility with corded reliability. The versatile headset goes beyond providing outstanding PC audio quality by also connecting to a Bluetooth® enabled phone or tablet. A detachable cable and integrated clothing clip allow you to take your mobile call to-go with up to 10 hours of talk time. The headset also automatically routes the audio from the mobile phone to the headset whenever it’s put on—and vice versa.
The Calisto 620 wireless speakerphone has been recognized for the Computer Peripherals category. As the first wireless speakerphone designed for use with your laptop or smartphone, Calisto 620 is portable, sounds great and sets up easily. It provides a reliable up to seven-hour talk time and the portable Calisto 620, (in its own high-quality travel case) is an ideal size to throw in your laptop bag. The Calisto 620 delivers intelligent bi-directional microphones that activate in the direction of the speaker’s voice, wideband PC audio and 360-degree microphone pickup.
The honoree for In-Vehicle Accessories, the M55 headsets feature Plantronics’ new DeepSleep™ mode that lets the headset stay charged for up to five months, so it’s ready when you want to hear music, listen to podcasts or simply place and take calls whenever, wherever. DeepSleep technology activates when the headset is away from your phone for more than 90 minutes. This feature is ideal for users that often leave their headset in the car and ensures that the device is ready when they are.
The perfect app for Plantronics’ mobile headset user is Find MyHeadset™. As an honoree for the Software and Mobile Applications category, this application is designed to help Plantronics customers locate their missing headsets. Regardless of whether the headset is on or off, charged or not, recently missing, or lost for weeks, Find MyHeadset offers people two unique ways to find their Plantronics device; Send a Tone or the BackTrack™ feature.
About the International CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards
The prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the producer of the International CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow, and have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976.
Plantronics’ Voyager Legend UC, Blackwire 720, Calisto 620, M55, and the Find MyHeadset app, will be displayed in The Venetian at the 2013 International CES, which runs January 8-11, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Honorees will also be displayed at CES Unveiled: The Official Press Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 6 in the South Seas Ballroom C at Mandalay Bay.
The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities, using photos provided
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
Products chosen as an Innovations honoree reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs.
Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on http://cesweb.org/Awards/CES-Innovations-Awards.aspx, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
About Plantronics - Simply Smarter CommunicationsTM
Plantronics is a global leader in audio communications for businesses and consumers. We have pioneered new trends in audio technology for 50 years, creating innovative products that allow people to simply communicate. From unified communication solutions to Bluetooth® headsets, we deliver uncompromising quality, an ideal experience, and extraordinary service. Plantronics is used by every company in the Fortune 100, as well as 911 dispatch, air traffic control and the New York Stock Exchange. For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com or call (800) 544-4660.
Plantronics, Simply Smarter Communications, BackTrack, Blackwire, Calisto, DeepSleep, Find MyHeadset, Marque, M55, Vocalyst and Voyager Legend are trademarks or registered trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. The Bluetooth trademark is owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of the mark by Plantronics, Inc. is under license. All other trademarks are the property of the respective owners.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1