|By PR Newswire||
|November 19, 2012 09:22 AM EST||
The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes® offers winter preparedness gift guide for families shopping this Black Friday.
TALLAHASSEE, Fla., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As families kick start holiday shopping this Black Friday, the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH)® urges them to keep severe weather in mind when choosing among gift options. From low cost weather radios and portable generators to permanently installed standby generators, keeping the family safe and the home intact is driving warm and comfortable has become this year's must-have gift.
"Families are telling us that Super Storm Sandy has reordered their priorities this holiday season," said Leslie Chapman-Henderson FLASH President and CEO. "Traditional gifts like jewelry and gadgets are taking a backseat to comfort and security products like hand crank radios and power generators and we expect to see this borne out through the holiday season."
Weather Ready Gifts
FLASH suggests there are many ways to tie gift giving to home safety and security, including:
- Battery powered AM/FM radio
- First aid kit
- LED flash light
- NOAA weather radio
$20.00 to $100.00
- Car power inverter
- Tested space heater with automatic shut off functions
- Solar or hand crank cell phone chargers
- Portable home generator
- Whole home, standby generator
- Solar powered backpack to charge laptops, tablets, music players and other portable devices
Click here for additional tips for staying safe during power outages. For more information on family and home safety from disasters of all kinds, visit www.flash.org. There is still time to win a Kohler standby generator from FLASH and the Great Hurricane Blowout. Visit www.greathurricaneblowout.org and enter before November 30th.
Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH)®, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, is the country's leading consumer advocate for strengthening homes and safeguarding families from natural and manmade disasters. FLASH collaborates with more than 100 innovative and diverse partners that share its vision of making America a more disaster-resistant nation including: BASF, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Florida Division of Emergency Management, The Home Depot®, International Code Council®, Kohler Power Systems, National Weather Service, RenaissanceRe, Simpson Strong-Tie®, State Farm®, USAA® and WeatherPredict Consulting Inc. In 2008, FLASH opened the interactive weather experience StormStruck: A Tale of Two Homes® in Lake Buena Vista, FL. Learn more about FLASH and gain access to its free consumer resources by visiting www.flash.org or calling (877) 221-SAFE (7233). Also, get timely safety tips to ensure that you and your family are always well protected from natural and manmade disasters by subscribing to the FLASH blog – Protect Your Home in a FLASH.
SOURCE Federal Alliance for Safe Homes, Inc. - FLASH
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1