|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 06:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
Number of Online Shoppers in the UK continues to grow
Hamburg-based secondary market research specialist yStats.com presents in its latest "UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" interesting findings related to the British B2C E-Commerce market. Aside from trends, revenue figures and market shares, the report covers the most successful product categories, Internet user and online shopper figures and the top players dominating UK E-Commerce. In the United Kingdom, not only does the number of Internet users continue to grow, but also the number of online shoppers. Whereas in 2010, two thirds of the British population ordered products and services online, in 2011 this figure increased to more than 70%, compared to an EU average of less than half of the population making online purchases.
Food and Fashion Items are important British E-Commerce Product Categories
In the first half of 2012, shoppers in the UK spent almost 35 billion GBP online, which shows a clear increase when compared to the previous year's figures. Forecasts for 2012 predict an increase in B2C E-Commerce revenue of a high one digit percentage figure in the UK. "Fashion and sporting goods" were the most popular product categories in 2011, followed by "travel" and "household items". Other successful product categories were "movies/music" and "books and magazines". Online food purchases are also becoming increasingly popular. Revenue from online food purchases is expected to grow by more than 10 % annually over the next few years. Fashion and clothing are likewise popular E-Commerce products in the UK. Almost half of all consumers make at least one purchase per month in this category. Aside from purchases, researching product information about fashion items is also a popular trend.Significance of M-Commerce for B2C E-Commerce continues to grow
Mobile shopping is another growing trend in the UK. As much as 5% of all E-Commerce revenue is generated using mobile devices. Additionally, more than half of all smartphone users have made at least one purchase with their mobile phones. Safety and transaction speed are particularly important for consumers in this context. Furthermore, researching product related information with the help of a mobile phone is widespread in Great Britain.
Amazon is far ahead of the Competition
According to the "UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" by yStats.com in the UK, Amazon has the highest number of unique visitors, clearly ahead of generalists Argos and Tesco which combined have fewer unique visitors than Amazon alone. Generalist Asda is also very successful in the UK. B2C E-Commerce revenue generated by the company increased by more than one third from 2010 to 2011.Daily Deal Websites also highly successful in Great Britain
The popularity of daily deal websites in Great Britain is soaring. In the first quarter of 2012, the top three market leaders Groupon, KGB Deals and LivingSocial sold almost 4 million coupons there, generating revenue of almost 200 million GBP. Also, third party websites informing about daily deals play an important role.Overall, the B2C E-Commerce market in Great Britain is highly developed, which is reflected in decreasing revenue growth rates in the long term. However, there is still potential for growth, such as in M-Commerce and with daily deals.
Covering Trends, Sales, Shares, Users/Shoppers, Products and Players
• As online shopping becomes more and more popular in the UK, it is expected that almsot half of physical stores will be forced to close until 2020.
• B2C E-Commerce sales in the UK are expected to experience declining growth rates from 2013 on.
• "Clothes, Sports Goods" (41%) was the leading online product category among individuals in the UK in 2011, followed by "Travel and Holiday Accommodation" and "Household Goods".
• Amazon.co.uk was the B2C E-Commerce website in the UK with most traffic in May 2012, followed by Argos.co.uk and Tesco.com.
• The three leading daily deal sites Groupon, KGB Deals, and LivingSocial sold almost 4 million daily deal coupons in the UK in Q1 2012.About our Reports
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.1. Management Summary
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in the UK, 2011/2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends of Women in the UK, 2011/2012 and Popular Places for Online Shopping, in %, August 2012
• Online Clothing Shopping Trends in the UK, June 2012 and Share of Online Clothing Shopping on the total Clothing Shopping Market, in %, 2010 & 2012f
• Online Grocery Trends in the UK, October 2011, incl. Online Grocery Shopping Sales, in GBP billion, 2011f & 2016f
• Online Activities from Home in the UK, in % of Internet Users, October 2011
• Frequency of Shopping Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
• Average per Capita Online Retail Spending of Online Shoppers in the UK, by Gender, in GBP, 2011
• Average weekly B2C E-Commerce Sales Value in the UK, in GBP million, May 2011 & May 2012
• Trends about Women in the UK in the Age Group 18-35 shopping online for Health and Beauty Products, 2012
• Breakdown of Online Payment Methods in the UK, by Frequency of Use, in %, Q1 2012
• Daily Deal Trends in the UK, Q1 2012 and Breakdown of Daily Deal Providers by Sector, in %, Q1 2012
• Mobile Online Shopping Trends in the UK, 2011/2012
• Mobile Retail Traffic Trends in the UK, Sept. 2011 and Breakdown of Visits to UK B2C E-Commerce Sites, by Mobile and Other, in %, Sept. 2011
• M-Commerce Trends in the UK, 2011 and How Consumers use their Mobile Phones to shop in the UK, in %, 2011
• Smartphone Users accessing Online Retail, in the EU5 and by Country, incl. the UK, incl. Year-on-Year Growth, Share of Smartphone Users, in % and Year-on-Year percentage Point Increase, May 2011 vs. May 2012
• Mobile Retail Website Conversion Rate in the UK, in % of Total Website Users, Q1 2011 & Q1 2012
• In-Store Mobile Shopping Activities in the UK, in % of Mobile Internet Users, January 2012
3. Sales• B2C E-Commerce Sales in the UK, in USD billion and in % Growth, 2010-2016f• Online Sales in the UK, in GBP billion and in % of Total Retail Turnover, 2011 & 2012f• Online Retail Turnover in the UK, in GBP billion and in % of Total Retail Turnover, 2010 & 2016f• Online Retail Spending in the UK, in GBP billion, 2010-2012f• Online Retail Spending in the UK, in GBP billion, H1 2011 & H1 2012
• Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in the UK, in %, 2011 & 2012f
• Share of Online Grocery Shopping Sales on total Grocery Shopping Sales in the UK, in %, 2011f & 2016f
• Share of Mobile Online Sales on the total UK Online Sales Market, in %, Q4 2009 & Q4 2011
5. Products• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, in % of Individuals, 2011• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, by Age Groups and Gender, in % of Individuals, 2011• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011• Online Shopping Product Category Sales in the UK, in % Change, May 2012-Jun 2012 and Jun 2011-Jun 2012• Average per Capita Spending of Online Shoppers on Goods and Services in the UK, by selected Products, in GBP, 2011• Products and Services purchased via Smartphones in the UK, in % of Smartphone Owners, six Months to May 2010 and May 2012
6. Users / Shoppers
• Internet Users in the UK, in millions, Q2 2011-Q2 2012
• Individuals in Europe using the Internet, by Country, in %, 2009-2011
• Internet User Penetration in the UK, by Age Groups, in %, Q2 2012
• Internet and Broadband Household Penetration in Europe, by Country, in %, 2007, 2009 & 2011
• Fixed Broadband Subscribers in the UK, in Total (millions) and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Total, 2006-2011
• Broadband Subscribers in the UK, by Access Technology compared to the OECD Average in %, 2011
• Average Weekly Time Spent Online in the UK, in Minutes per Internet User, 2008, 2010 & 2011
• Share of Online Shoppers in the UK, compared to the EU27 Average, in %, 2006-2011
• EU Comparison of Online Shopper Penetration, by Country, in % of Population, 2011
7. Players• Top 100 UK B2C E-Commerce Websites, ranked by Unique Visitors (Users) from the UK, May 2012 • Rank 1: Profile of Amazon• Rank 2: Profile of Argos• Rank 3: Profile of Tesco• Rank 4: Profile of Apple• Rank 5: Profile of Marks & Spencer• Rank 6: Profile of Next• Rank 7: Profile of Asda• Rank 8: Profile of Debenhams• Rank 9: Profile of John Lewis• Rank 10: Profile of B
Email: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 509
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 354
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 338
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,421
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 140
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,081
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,173
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,299
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,205
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 335
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,910
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,588
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 404
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,973
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 486
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,555
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,502