|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 06:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
Number of Online Shoppers in the UK continues to grow
Hamburg-based secondary market research specialist yStats.com presents in its latest "UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" interesting findings related to the British B2C E-Commerce market. Aside from trends, revenue figures and market shares, the report covers the most successful product categories, Internet user and online shopper figures and the top players dominating UK E-Commerce. In the United Kingdom, not only does the number of Internet users continue to grow, but also the number of online shoppers. Whereas in 2010, two thirds of the British population ordered products and services online, in 2011 this figure increased to more than 70%, compared to an EU average of less than half of the population making online purchases.
Food and Fashion Items are important British E-Commerce Product Categories
In the first half of 2012, shoppers in the UK spent almost 35 billion GBP online, which shows a clear increase when compared to the previous year's figures. Forecasts for 2012 predict an increase in B2C E-Commerce revenue of a high one digit percentage figure in the UK. "Fashion and sporting goods" were the most popular product categories in 2011, followed by "travel" and "household items". Other successful product categories were "movies/music" and "books and magazines". Online food purchases are also becoming increasingly popular. Revenue from online food purchases is expected to grow by more than 10 % annually over the next few years. Fashion and clothing are likewise popular E-Commerce products in the UK. Almost half of all consumers make at least one purchase per month in this category. Aside from purchases, researching product information about fashion items is also a popular trend.Significance of M-Commerce for B2C E-Commerce continues to grow
Mobile shopping is another growing trend in the UK. As much as 5% of all E-Commerce revenue is generated using mobile devices. Additionally, more than half of all smartphone users have made at least one purchase with their mobile phones. Safety and transaction speed are particularly important for consumers in this context. Furthermore, researching product related information with the help of a mobile phone is widespread in Great Britain.
Amazon is far ahead of the Competition
According to the "UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" by yStats.com in the UK, Amazon has the highest number of unique visitors, clearly ahead of generalists Argos and Tesco which combined have fewer unique visitors than Amazon alone. Generalist Asda is also very successful in the UK. B2C E-Commerce revenue generated by the company increased by more than one third from 2010 to 2011.Daily Deal Websites also highly successful in Great Britain
The popularity of daily deal websites in Great Britain is soaring. In the first quarter of 2012, the top three market leaders Groupon, KGB Deals and LivingSocial sold almost 4 million coupons there, generating revenue of almost 200 million GBP. Also, third party websites informing about daily deals play an important role.Overall, the B2C E-Commerce market in Great Britain is highly developed, which is reflected in decreasing revenue growth rates in the long term. However, there is still potential for growth, such as in M-Commerce and with daily deals.
Covering Trends, Sales, Shares, Users/Shoppers, Products and Players
• As online shopping becomes more and more popular in the UK, it is expected that almsot half of physical stores will be forced to close until 2020.
• B2C E-Commerce sales in the UK are expected to experience declining growth rates from 2013 on.
• "Clothes, Sports Goods" (41%) was the leading online product category among individuals in the UK in 2011, followed by "Travel and Holiday Accommodation" and "Household Goods".
• Amazon.co.uk was the B2C E-Commerce website in the UK with most traffic in May 2012, followed by Argos.co.uk and Tesco.com.
• The three leading daily deal sites Groupon, KGB Deals, and LivingSocial sold almost 4 million daily deal coupons in the UK in Q1 2012.About our Reports
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.1. Management Summary
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in the UK, 2011/2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends of Women in the UK, 2011/2012 and Popular Places for Online Shopping, in %, August 2012
• Online Clothing Shopping Trends in the UK, June 2012 and Share of Online Clothing Shopping on the total Clothing Shopping Market, in %, 2010 & 2012f
• Online Grocery Trends in the UK, October 2011, incl. Online Grocery Shopping Sales, in GBP billion, 2011f & 2016f
• Online Activities from Home in the UK, in % of Internet Users, October 2011
• Frequency of Shopping Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
• Average per Capita Online Retail Spending of Online Shoppers in the UK, by Gender, in GBP, 2011
• Average weekly B2C E-Commerce Sales Value in the UK, in GBP million, May 2011 & May 2012
• Trends about Women in the UK in the Age Group 18-35 shopping online for Health and Beauty Products, 2012
• Breakdown of Online Payment Methods in the UK, by Frequency of Use, in %, Q1 2012
• Daily Deal Trends in the UK, Q1 2012 and Breakdown of Daily Deal Providers by Sector, in %, Q1 2012
• Mobile Online Shopping Trends in the UK, 2011/2012
• Mobile Retail Traffic Trends in the UK, Sept. 2011 and Breakdown of Visits to UK B2C E-Commerce Sites, by Mobile and Other, in %, Sept. 2011
• M-Commerce Trends in the UK, 2011 and How Consumers use their Mobile Phones to shop in the UK, in %, 2011
• Smartphone Users accessing Online Retail, in the EU5 and by Country, incl. the UK, incl. Year-on-Year Growth, Share of Smartphone Users, in % and Year-on-Year percentage Point Increase, May 2011 vs. May 2012
• Mobile Retail Website Conversion Rate in the UK, in % of Total Website Users, Q1 2011 & Q1 2012
• In-Store Mobile Shopping Activities in the UK, in % of Mobile Internet Users, January 2012
3. Sales• B2C E-Commerce Sales in the UK, in USD billion and in % Growth, 2010-2016f• Online Sales in the UK, in GBP billion and in % of Total Retail Turnover, 2011 & 2012f• Online Retail Turnover in the UK, in GBP billion and in % of Total Retail Turnover, 2010 & 2016f• Online Retail Spending in the UK, in GBP billion, 2010-2012f• Online Retail Spending in the UK, in GBP billion, H1 2011 & H1 2012
• Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in the UK, in %, 2011 & 2012f
• Share of Online Grocery Shopping Sales on total Grocery Shopping Sales in the UK, in %, 2011f & 2016f
• Share of Mobile Online Sales on the total UK Online Sales Market, in %, Q4 2009 & Q4 2011
5. Products• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, in % of Individuals, 2011• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, by Age Groups and Gender, in % of Individuals, 2011• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011• Online Shopping Product Category Sales in the UK, in % Change, May 2012-Jun 2012 and Jun 2011-Jun 2012• Average per Capita Spending of Online Shoppers on Goods and Services in the UK, by selected Products, in GBP, 2011• Products and Services purchased via Smartphones in the UK, in % of Smartphone Owners, six Months to May 2010 and May 2012
6. Users / Shoppers
• Internet Users in the UK, in millions, Q2 2011-Q2 2012
• Individuals in Europe using the Internet, by Country, in %, 2009-2011
• Internet User Penetration in the UK, by Age Groups, in %, Q2 2012
• Internet and Broadband Household Penetration in Europe, by Country, in %, 2007, 2009 & 2011
• Fixed Broadband Subscribers in the UK, in Total (millions) and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Total, 2006-2011
• Broadband Subscribers in the UK, by Access Technology compared to the OECD Average in %, 2011
• Average Weekly Time Spent Online in the UK, in Minutes per Internet User, 2008, 2010 & 2011
• Share of Online Shoppers in the UK, compared to the EU27 Average, in %, 2006-2011
• EU Comparison of Online Shopper Penetration, by Country, in % of Population, 2011
7. Players• Top 100 UK B2C E-Commerce Websites, ranked by Unique Visitors (Users) from the UK, May 2012 • Rank 1: Profile of Amazon• Rank 2: Profile of Argos• Rank 3: Profile of Tesco• Rank 4: Profile of Apple• Rank 5: Profile of Marks & Spencer• Rank 6: Profile of Next• Rank 7: Profile of Asda• Rank 8: Profile of Debenhams• Rank 9: Profile of John Lewis• Rank 10: Profile of B
Email: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Mar. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,548
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,916
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 25, 2017 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 482
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,277
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,693
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,034
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,869
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,668
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,054
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,162
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 25, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 927
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 25, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,526
SYS-CON Events announced today that CrowdReviews.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CrowdReviews.com is a transparent online platform for determining which products and services are the best based on the opinion of the crowd. The crowd consists of Internet users that have experienced products and services first-hand and have an interest in letting other potential buyers...
Mar. 25, 2017 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,543
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 25, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,081
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,920
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Mar. 25, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,225
SYS-CON Events announced today that Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Mar. 25, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,046
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 25, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,078
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Mar. 25, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 14,023
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 25, 2017 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,800