|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 06:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
Number of Online Shoppers in the UK continues to grow
Hamburg-based secondary market research specialist yStats.com presents in its latest "UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" interesting findings related to the British B2C E-Commerce market. Aside from trends, revenue figures and market shares, the report covers the most successful product categories, Internet user and online shopper figures and the top players dominating UK E-Commerce. In the United Kingdom, not only does the number of Internet users continue to grow, but also the number of online shoppers. Whereas in 2010, two thirds of the British population ordered products and services online, in 2011 this figure increased to more than 70%, compared to an EU average of less than half of the population making online purchases.
Food and Fashion Items are important British E-Commerce Product Categories
In the first half of 2012, shoppers in the UK spent almost 35 billion GBP online, which shows a clear increase when compared to the previous year's figures. Forecasts for 2012 predict an increase in B2C E-Commerce revenue of a high one digit percentage figure in the UK. "Fashion and sporting goods" were the most popular product categories in 2011, followed by "travel" and "household items". Other successful product categories were "movies/music" and "books and magazines". Online food purchases are also becoming increasingly popular. Revenue from online food purchases is expected to grow by more than 10 % annually over the next few years. Fashion and clothing are likewise popular E-Commerce products in the UK. Almost half of all consumers make at least one purchase per month in this category. Aside from purchases, researching product information about fashion items is also a popular trend.Significance of M-Commerce for B2C E-Commerce continues to grow
Mobile shopping is another growing trend in the UK. As much as 5% of all E-Commerce revenue is generated using mobile devices. Additionally, more than half of all smartphone users have made at least one purchase with their mobile phones. Safety and transaction speed are particularly important for consumers in this context. Furthermore, researching product related information with the help of a mobile phone is widespread in Great Britain.
Amazon is far ahead of the Competition
According to the "UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" by yStats.com in the UK, Amazon has the highest number of unique visitors, clearly ahead of generalists Argos and Tesco which combined have fewer unique visitors than Amazon alone. Generalist Asda is also very successful in the UK. B2C E-Commerce revenue generated by the company increased by more than one third from 2010 to 2011.Daily Deal Websites also highly successful in Great Britain
The popularity of daily deal websites in Great Britain is soaring. In the first quarter of 2012, the top three market leaders Groupon, KGB Deals and LivingSocial sold almost 4 million coupons there, generating revenue of almost 200 million GBP. Also, third party websites informing about daily deals play an important role.Overall, the B2C E-Commerce market in Great Britain is highly developed, which is reflected in decreasing revenue growth rates in the long term. However, there is still potential for growth, such as in M-Commerce and with daily deals.
Covering Trends, Sales, Shares, Users/Shoppers, Products and Players
• As online shopping becomes more and more popular in the UK, it is expected that almsot half of physical stores will be forced to close until 2020.
• B2C E-Commerce sales in the UK are expected to experience declining growth rates from 2013 on.
• "Clothes, Sports Goods" (41%) was the leading online product category among individuals in the UK in 2011, followed by "Travel and Holiday Accommodation" and "Household Goods".
• Amazon.co.uk was the B2C E-Commerce website in the UK with most traffic in May 2012, followed by Argos.co.uk and Tesco.com.
• The three leading daily deal sites Groupon, KGB Deals, and LivingSocial sold almost 4 million daily deal coupons in the UK in Q1 2012.About our Reports
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.1. Management Summary
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in the UK, 2011/2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends of Women in the UK, 2011/2012 and Popular Places for Online Shopping, in %, August 2012
• Online Clothing Shopping Trends in the UK, June 2012 and Share of Online Clothing Shopping on the total Clothing Shopping Market, in %, 2010 & 2012f
• Online Grocery Trends in the UK, October 2011, incl. Online Grocery Shopping Sales, in GBP billion, 2011f & 2016f
• Online Activities from Home in the UK, in % of Internet Users, October 2011
• Frequency of Shopping Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
• Average per Capita Online Retail Spending of Online Shoppers in the UK, by Gender, in GBP, 2011
• Average weekly B2C E-Commerce Sales Value in the UK, in GBP million, May 2011 & May 2012
• Trends about Women in the UK in the Age Group 18-35 shopping online for Health and Beauty Products, 2012
• Breakdown of Online Payment Methods in the UK, by Frequency of Use, in %, Q1 2012
• Daily Deal Trends in the UK, Q1 2012 and Breakdown of Daily Deal Providers by Sector, in %, Q1 2012
• Mobile Online Shopping Trends in the UK, 2011/2012
• Mobile Retail Traffic Trends in the UK, Sept. 2011 and Breakdown of Visits to UK B2C E-Commerce Sites, by Mobile and Other, in %, Sept. 2011
• M-Commerce Trends in the UK, 2011 and How Consumers use their Mobile Phones to shop in the UK, in %, 2011
• Smartphone Users accessing Online Retail, in the EU5 and by Country, incl. the UK, incl. Year-on-Year Growth, Share of Smartphone Users, in % and Year-on-Year percentage Point Increase, May 2011 vs. May 2012
• Mobile Retail Website Conversion Rate in the UK, in % of Total Website Users, Q1 2011 & Q1 2012
• In-Store Mobile Shopping Activities in the UK, in % of Mobile Internet Users, January 2012
3. Sales• B2C E-Commerce Sales in the UK, in USD billion and in % Growth, 2010-2016f• Online Sales in the UK, in GBP billion and in % of Total Retail Turnover, 2011 & 2012f• Online Retail Turnover in the UK, in GBP billion and in % of Total Retail Turnover, 2010 & 2016f• Online Retail Spending in the UK, in GBP billion, 2010-2012f• Online Retail Spending in the UK, in GBP billion, H1 2011 & H1 2012
• Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in the UK, in %, 2011 & 2012f
• Share of Online Grocery Shopping Sales on total Grocery Shopping Sales in the UK, in %, 2011f & 2016f
• Share of Mobile Online Sales on the total UK Online Sales Market, in %, Q4 2009 & Q4 2011
5. Products• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, in % of Individuals, 2011• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, by Age Groups and Gender, in % of Individuals, 2011• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011• Online Shopping Product Category Sales in the UK, in % Change, May 2012-Jun 2012 and Jun 2011-Jun 2012• Average per Capita Spending of Online Shoppers on Goods and Services in the UK, by selected Products, in GBP, 2011• Products and Services purchased via Smartphones in the UK, in % of Smartphone Owners, six Months to May 2010 and May 2012
6. Users / Shoppers
• Internet Users in the UK, in millions, Q2 2011-Q2 2012
• Individuals in Europe using the Internet, by Country, in %, 2009-2011
• Internet User Penetration in the UK, by Age Groups, in %, Q2 2012
• Internet and Broadband Household Penetration in Europe, by Country, in %, 2007, 2009 & 2011
• Fixed Broadband Subscribers in the UK, in Total (millions) and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Total, 2006-2011
• Broadband Subscribers in the UK, by Access Technology compared to the OECD Average in %, 2011
• Average Weekly Time Spent Online in the UK, in Minutes per Internet User, 2008, 2010 & 2011
• Share of Online Shoppers in the UK, compared to the EU27 Average, in %, 2006-2011
• EU Comparison of Online Shopper Penetration, by Country, in % of Population, 2011
7. Players• Top 100 UK B2C E-Commerce Websites, ranked by Unique Visitors (Users) from the UK, May 2012 • Rank 1: Profile of Amazon• Rank 2: Profile of Argos• Rank 3: Profile of Tesco• Rank 4: Profile of Apple• Rank 5: Profile of Marks & Spencer• Rank 6: Profile of Next• Rank 7: Profile of Asda• Rank 8: Profile of Debenhams• Rank 9: Profile of John Lewis• Rank 10: Profile of B
Email: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,751
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,993
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,718
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 27, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,997
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,928
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,852
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 663
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,537
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,317
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,938
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 458
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 604
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,591
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,854
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,056
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,319
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,239
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 774
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,635
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Aug. 25, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,161