|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 06:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
Number of Online Shoppers in the UK continues to grow
Hamburg-based secondary market research specialist yStats.com presents in its latest "UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" interesting findings related to the British B2C E-Commerce market. Aside from trends, revenue figures and market shares, the report covers the most successful product categories, Internet user and online shopper figures and the top players dominating UK E-Commerce. In the United Kingdom, not only does the number of Internet users continue to grow, but also the number of online shoppers. Whereas in 2010, two thirds of the British population ordered products and services online, in 2011 this figure increased to more than 70%, compared to an EU average of less than half of the population making online purchases.
Food and Fashion Items are important British E-Commerce Product Categories
In the first half of 2012, shoppers in the UK spent almost 35 billion GBP online, which shows a clear increase when compared to the previous year's figures. Forecasts for 2012 predict an increase in B2C E-Commerce revenue of a high one digit percentage figure in the UK. "Fashion and sporting goods" were the most popular product categories in 2011, followed by "travel" and "household items". Other successful product categories were "movies/music" and "books and magazines". Online food purchases are also becoming increasingly popular. Revenue from online food purchases is expected to grow by more than 10 % annually over the next few years. Fashion and clothing are likewise popular E-Commerce products in the UK. Almost half of all consumers make at least one purchase per month in this category. Aside from purchases, researching product information about fashion items is also a popular trend.Significance of M-Commerce for B2C E-Commerce continues to grow
Mobile shopping is another growing trend in the UK. As much as 5% of all E-Commerce revenue is generated using mobile devices. Additionally, more than half of all smartphone users have made at least one purchase with their mobile phones. Safety and transaction speed are particularly important for consumers in this context. Furthermore, researching product related information with the help of a mobile phone is widespread in Great Britain.
Amazon is far ahead of the Competition
According to the "UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" by yStats.com in the UK, Amazon has the highest number of unique visitors, clearly ahead of generalists Argos and Tesco which combined have fewer unique visitors than Amazon alone. Generalist Asda is also very successful in the UK. B2C E-Commerce revenue generated by the company increased by more than one third from 2010 to 2011.Daily Deal Websites also highly successful in Great Britain
The popularity of daily deal websites in Great Britain is soaring. In the first quarter of 2012, the top three market leaders Groupon, KGB Deals and LivingSocial sold almost 4 million coupons there, generating revenue of almost 200 million GBP. Also, third party websites informing about daily deals play an important role.Overall, the B2C E-Commerce market in Great Britain is highly developed, which is reflected in decreasing revenue growth rates in the long term. However, there is still potential for growth, such as in M-Commerce and with daily deals.
Covering Trends, Sales, Shares, Users/Shoppers, Products and Players
• As online shopping becomes more and more popular in the UK, it is expected that almsot half of physical stores will be forced to close until 2020.
• B2C E-Commerce sales in the UK are expected to experience declining growth rates from 2013 on.
• "Clothes, Sports Goods" (41%) was the leading online product category among individuals in the UK in 2011, followed by "Travel and Holiday Accommodation" and "Household Goods".
• Amazon.co.uk was the B2C E-Commerce website in the UK with most traffic in May 2012, followed by Argos.co.uk and Tesco.com.
• The three leading daily deal sites Groupon, KGB Deals, and LivingSocial sold almost 4 million daily deal coupons in the UK in Q1 2012.About our Reports
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.1. Management Summary
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in the UK, 2011/2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends of Women in the UK, 2011/2012 and Popular Places for Online Shopping, in %, August 2012
• Online Clothing Shopping Trends in the UK, June 2012 and Share of Online Clothing Shopping on the total Clothing Shopping Market, in %, 2010 & 2012f
• Online Grocery Trends in the UK, October 2011, incl. Online Grocery Shopping Sales, in GBP billion, 2011f & 2016f
• Online Activities from Home in the UK, in % of Internet Users, October 2011
• Frequency of Shopping Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
• Average per Capita Online Retail Spending of Online Shoppers in the UK, by Gender, in GBP, 2011
• Average weekly B2C E-Commerce Sales Value in the UK, in GBP million, May 2011 & May 2012
• Trends about Women in the UK in the Age Group 18-35 shopping online for Health and Beauty Products, 2012
• Breakdown of Online Payment Methods in the UK, by Frequency of Use, in %, Q1 2012
• Daily Deal Trends in the UK, Q1 2012 and Breakdown of Daily Deal Providers by Sector, in %, Q1 2012
• Mobile Online Shopping Trends in the UK, 2011/2012
• Mobile Retail Traffic Trends in the UK, Sept. 2011 and Breakdown of Visits to UK B2C E-Commerce Sites, by Mobile and Other, in %, Sept. 2011
• M-Commerce Trends in the UK, 2011 and How Consumers use their Mobile Phones to shop in the UK, in %, 2011
• Smartphone Users accessing Online Retail, in the EU5 and by Country, incl. the UK, incl. Year-on-Year Growth, Share of Smartphone Users, in % and Year-on-Year percentage Point Increase, May 2011 vs. May 2012
• Mobile Retail Website Conversion Rate in the UK, in % of Total Website Users, Q1 2011 & Q1 2012
• In-Store Mobile Shopping Activities in the UK, in % of Mobile Internet Users, January 2012
3. Sales• B2C E-Commerce Sales in the UK, in USD billion and in % Growth, 2010-2016f• Online Sales in the UK, in GBP billion and in % of Total Retail Turnover, 2011 & 2012f• Online Retail Turnover in the UK, in GBP billion and in % of Total Retail Turnover, 2010 & 2016f• Online Retail Spending in the UK, in GBP billion, 2010-2012f• Online Retail Spending in the UK, in GBP billion, H1 2011 & H1 2012
• Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in the UK, in %, 2011 & 2012f
• Share of Online Grocery Shopping Sales on total Grocery Shopping Sales in the UK, in %, 2011f & 2016f
• Share of Mobile Online Sales on the total UK Online Sales Market, in %, Q4 2009 & Q4 2011
5. Products• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, in % of Individuals, 2011• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, by Age Groups and Gender, in % of Individuals, 2011• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011• Online Shopping Product Category Sales in the UK, in % Change, May 2012-Jun 2012 and Jun 2011-Jun 2012• Average per Capita Spending of Online Shoppers on Goods and Services in the UK, by selected Products, in GBP, 2011• Products and Services purchased via Smartphones in the UK, in % of Smartphone Owners, six Months to May 2010 and May 2012
6. Users / Shoppers
• Internet Users in the UK, in millions, Q2 2011-Q2 2012
• Individuals in Europe using the Internet, by Country, in %, 2009-2011
• Internet User Penetration in the UK, by Age Groups, in %, Q2 2012
• Internet and Broadband Household Penetration in Europe, by Country, in %, 2007, 2009 & 2011
• Fixed Broadband Subscribers in the UK, in Total (millions) and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Total, 2006-2011
• Broadband Subscribers in the UK, by Access Technology compared to the OECD Average in %, 2011
• Average Weekly Time Spent Online in the UK, in Minutes per Internet User, 2008, 2010 & 2011
• Share of Online Shoppers in the UK, compared to the EU27 Average, in %, 2006-2011
• EU Comparison of Online Shopper Penetration, by Country, in % of Population, 2011
7. Players• Top 100 UK B2C E-Commerce Websites, ranked by Unique Visitors (Users) from the UK, May 2012 • Rank 1: Profile of Amazon• Rank 2: Profile of Argos• Rank 3: Profile of Tesco• Rank 4: Profile of Apple• Rank 5: Profile of Marks & Spencer• Rank 6: Profile of Next• Rank 7: Profile of Asda• Rank 8: Profile of Debenhams• Rank 9: Profile of John Lewis• Rank 10: Profile of B
Email: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 149
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 589
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 222
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 182
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 164
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 189
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 389
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 9, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 368
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 401
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 9, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 428
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 9, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 364
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 9, 2016 07:45 AM EST
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 9, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 177
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) extended its Internet of Things technology platform with performance enhancements to Gen5 – its fifth generation critical infrastructure networking platform. Already delivering nearly 23 million devices on five continents as one of the leading networking providers in the market, Silver Spring announced it is doubling the maximum speed of its Gen5 network to up to 2.4 Mbps, increasing computational performance by 10x, supporting simultaneous mesh communic...
Feb. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 746
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 806
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 872
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless...
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 959