|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 06:13 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012
Number of Online Shoppers in the UK continues to grow
Hamburg-based secondary market research specialist yStats.com presents in its latest "UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" interesting findings related to the British B2C E-Commerce market. Aside from trends, revenue figures and market shares, the report covers the most successful product categories, Internet user and online shopper figures and the top players dominating UK E-Commerce. In the United Kingdom, not only does the number of Internet users continue to grow, but also the number of online shoppers. Whereas in 2010, two thirds of the British population ordered products and services online, in 2011 this figure increased to more than 70%, compared to an EU average of less than half of the population making online purchases.
Food and Fashion Items are important British E-Commerce Product Categories
In the first half of 2012, shoppers in the UK spent almost 35 billion GBP online, which shows a clear increase when compared to the previous year's figures. Forecasts for 2012 predict an increase in B2C E-Commerce revenue of a high one digit percentage figure in the UK. "Fashion and sporting goods" were the most popular product categories in 2011, followed by "travel" and "household items". Other successful product categories were "movies/music" and "books and magazines". Online food purchases are also becoming increasingly popular. Revenue from online food purchases is expected to grow by more than 10 % annually over the next few years. Fashion and clothing are likewise popular E-Commerce products in the UK. Almost half of all consumers make at least one purchase per month in this category. Aside from purchases, researching product information about fashion items is also a popular trend.Significance of M-Commerce for B2C E-Commerce continues to grow
Mobile shopping is another growing trend in the UK. As much as 5% of all E-Commerce revenue is generated using mobile devices. Additionally, more than half of all smartphone users have made at least one purchase with their mobile phones. Safety and transaction speed are particularly important for consumers in this context. Furthermore, researching product related information with the help of a mobile phone is widespread in Great Britain.
Amazon is far ahead of the Competition
According to the "UK B2C E-Commerce Report 2012" by yStats.com in the UK, Amazon has the highest number of unique visitors, clearly ahead of generalists Argos and Tesco which combined have fewer unique visitors than Amazon alone. Generalist Asda is also very successful in the UK. B2C E-Commerce revenue generated by the company increased by more than one third from 2010 to 2011.Daily Deal Websites also highly successful in Great Britain
The popularity of daily deal websites in Great Britain is soaring. In the first quarter of 2012, the top three market leaders Groupon, KGB Deals and LivingSocial sold almost 4 million coupons there, generating revenue of almost 200 million GBP. Also, third party websites informing about daily deals play an important role.Overall, the B2C E-Commerce market in Great Britain is highly developed, which is reflected in decreasing revenue growth rates in the long term. However, there is still potential for growth, such as in M-Commerce and with daily deals.
Covering Trends, Sales, Shares, Users/Shoppers, Products and Players
• As online shopping becomes more and more popular in the UK, it is expected that almsot half of physical stores will be forced to close until 2020.
• B2C E-Commerce sales in the UK are expected to experience declining growth rates from 2013 on.
• "Clothes, Sports Goods" (41%) was the leading online product category among individuals in the UK in 2011, followed by "Travel and Holiday Accommodation" and "Household Goods".
• Amazon.co.uk was the B2C E-Commerce website in the UK with most traffic in May 2012, followed by Argos.co.uk and Tesco.com.
• The three leading daily deal sites Groupon, KGB Deals, and LivingSocial sold almost 4 million daily deal coupons in the UK in Q1 2012.About our Reports
- Market reports by yStats.com inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions- yStats.com provides secondary market research: By using various sources of information we ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.- Our international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.- yStats.com delivers all research results as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.- If required, yStats.com provides in-depth analysis for all research projects. Simply send us a request.1. Management Summary
• B2C E-Commerce Trends in the UK, 2011/2012
• B2C E-Commerce Trends of Women in the UK, 2011/2012 and Popular Places for Online Shopping, in %, August 2012
• Online Clothing Shopping Trends in the UK, June 2012 and Share of Online Clothing Shopping on the total Clothing Shopping Market, in %, 2010 & 2012f
• Online Grocery Trends in the UK, October 2011, incl. Online Grocery Shopping Sales, in GBP billion, 2011f & 2016f
• Online Activities from Home in the UK, in % of Internet Users, October 2011
• Frequency of Shopping Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011
• Average per Capita Online Retail Spending of Online Shoppers in the UK, by Gender, in GBP, 2011
• Average weekly B2C E-Commerce Sales Value in the UK, in GBP million, May 2011 & May 2012
• Trends about Women in the UK in the Age Group 18-35 shopping online for Health and Beauty Products, 2012
• Breakdown of Online Payment Methods in the UK, by Frequency of Use, in %, Q1 2012
• Daily Deal Trends in the UK, Q1 2012 and Breakdown of Daily Deal Providers by Sector, in %, Q1 2012
• Mobile Online Shopping Trends in the UK, 2011/2012
• Mobile Retail Traffic Trends in the UK, Sept. 2011 and Breakdown of Visits to UK B2C E-Commerce Sites, by Mobile and Other, in %, Sept. 2011
• M-Commerce Trends in the UK, 2011 and How Consumers use their Mobile Phones to shop in the UK, in %, 2011
• Smartphone Users accessing Online Retail, in the EU5 and by Country, incl. the UK, incl. Year-on-Year Growth, Share of Smartphone Users, in % and Year-on-Year percentage Point Increase, May 2011 vs. May 2012
• Mobile Retail Website Conversion Rate in the UK, in % of Total Website Users, Q1 2011 & Q1 2012
• In-Store Mobile Shopping Activities in the UK, in % of Mobile Internet Users, January 2012
3. Sales• B2C E-Commerce Sales in the UK, in USD billion and in % Growth, 2010-2016f• Online Sales in the UK, in GBP billion and in % of Total Retail Turnover, 2011 & 2012f• Online Retail Turnover in the UK, in GBP billion and in % of Total Retail Turnover, 2010 & 2016f• Online Retail Spending in the UK, in GBP billion, 2010-2012f• Online Retail Spending in the UK, in GBP billion, H1 2011 & H1 2012
• Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in the UK, in %, 2011 & 2012f
• Share of Online Grocery Shopping Sales on total Grocery Shopping Sales in the UK, in %, 2011f & 2016f
• Share of Mobile Online Sales on the total UK Online Sales Market, in %, Q4 2009 & Q4 2011
5. Products• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, in % of Individuals, 2011• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, by Age Groups and Gender, in % of Individuals, 2011• Types of Goods and Services bought online in the UK, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011• Online Shopping Product Category Sales in the UK, in % Change, May 2012-Jun 2012 and Jun 2011-Jun 2012• Average per Capita Spending of Online Shoppers on Goods and Services in the UK, by selected Products, in GBP, 2011• Products and Services purchased via Smartphones in the UK, in % of Smartphone Owners, six Months to May 2010 and May 2012
6. Users / Shoppers
• Internet Users in the UK, in millions, Q2 2011-Q2 2012
• Individuals in Europe using the Internet, by Country, in %, 2009-2011
• Internet User Penetration in the UK, by Age Groups, in %, Q2 2012
• Internet and Broadband Household Penetration in Europe, by Country, in %, 2007, 2009 & 2011
• Fixed Broadband Subscribers in the UK, in Total (millions) and per 100 Inhabitants, compared to Germany, USA and the OECD Total, 2006-2011
• Broadband Subscribers in the UK, by Access Technology compared to the OECD Average in %, 2011
• Average Weekly Time Spent Online in the UK, in Minutes per Internet User, 2008, 2010 & 2011
• Share of Online Shoppers in the UK, compared to the EU27 Average, in %, 2006-2011
• EU Comparison of Online Shopper Penetration, by Country, in % of Population, 2011
7. Players• Top 100 UK B2C E-Commerce Websites, ranked by Unique Visitors (Users) from the UK, May 2012 • Rank 1: Profile of Amazon• Rank 2: Profile of Argos• Rank 3: Profile of Tesco• Rank 4: Profile of Apple• Rank 5: Profile of Marks & Spencer• Rank 6: Profile of Next• Rank 7: Profile of Asda• Rank 8: Profile of Debenhams• Rank 9: Profile of John Lewis• Rank 10: Profile of B
Email: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Sep. 4, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 746
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 4, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 500
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Sep. 4, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 125
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 4, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,703
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 4, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 268
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Communication) is an open source project supported by Google, Mozilla and Opera that aims to enable bro...
Sep. 4, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,629
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 385
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small, but are focused on specific tasks. The ability for developers to deploy multiple containers – thous...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 199
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 492
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be.
Sep. 3, 2015 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 170
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 3, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 436
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 392
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 966
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 518
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 3, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 416
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 3, 2015 01:30 PM EDT
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Sep. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 292
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 286
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,604