|By Business Wire||
|November 20, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
Sand 9, Inc., a pioneer in precision micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) timing products for wireless and wired applications, today announced that Jean-Francois Baril—who most recently managed supply chain and procurement at Nokia Corporation—has joined the company’s advisory board. With more than twenty-five years’ experience in supply-chain management and procurement at Nokia, Compaq and Hewlett-Packard, Baril recently founded Connecting Partners SA, his own supply-chain and procurement consultancy.
Supply-chain management expert Jean-Francois Baril join's Sand 9 Board of Advisors. (Photo: Business Wire)
“In his advisory capacity with Sand 9, Jean-Francois plays an important role in helping us to define and implement a supply-chain strategy that prepares us to meet the volume and time-to-market requirements of our customers,” said Vince Graziani, CEO, Sand 9. “Jean-Francois helped to transform Nokia’s supply chain into the most respected and agile asset within the company. In the process, he earned AMR Research’s ‘Best Organization of the World’ award for his excellence in supply-chain management. We welcome him to our board of advisors and know that his contributions will further strengthen our market-readiness in the coming months.”
“I am excited to join the Sand 9 board of advisors,” said Jean-Francois Baril, founder, Connecting Partners SA. “They are an extremely promising company offering unique product capabilities for a huge target market. And they have already made many of the right moves, in establishing supply-chain relationships that will serve their customer base for high-value wired and high-volume mobile markets. I look forward to our collaboration as they progress toward commercialization of their precision MEMS timing products.”
Representing a multi-billion dollar market opportunity, timing devices provide the ‘heartbeat’ for all electronic applications. Historically, this need has been met by quartz crystals. Sand 9’s MEMS timing devices provide an alternative with performance, quality and integration advantages over legacy quartz crystal solutions.
About Sand 9
Founded in 2007 in Cambridge, MA, Sand 9 is a pioneer in precision MEMS timing products. Leveraging its precision MEMS platform, Sand 9 currently offers MEMS timing products that enhance quality and performance, simplify system design, and promote space and power savings in integrated electronic systems. Sand 9’s technology serves wireless and wired systems in a wide range of market segments: mobile, industrial and communications. For more information on Sand 9, please contact us via phone: +617.453.2451, email: [email protected] or web: www.sand9.com.
Sand 9 is a registered trademark of Sand 9, Inc. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1