|By Business Wire||
|November 20, 2012 11:27 AM EST||
BlueAnt Wireless, developers of high-performance, cutting-edge products that are easy to use and work straight out of the box, has hired Geoff Wanless as its new chief executive officer. The company has also officially relocated its North American headquarters from Orland Park, Ill. to downtown Chicago, occupying Suite 300 of the Executive Suites at 125 S. Wacker Drive.
Stationed at BlueAnt’s global headquarters in Melbourne, one of Wanless’ primary objectives is driving interest and sales in the company's entire collection of products, including the two newest launches – the Ribbon, a stereo Bluetooth streamer, and the Commute, the only aftermarket device allowing completely handsfree calling and texting from the car. He will also be charged with new product innovation and development, as well as increasing distribution partnerships in Asia and Europe, strategic targets for BlueAnt.
Wanless joins the company with more than 20 years of industry experience in both corporate and start-up environments. He specializes in organizational development, strategic joint ventures, acquisition deal structuring, international development and high tech business structuring.
“Geoff is extremely talented and has an impressive background,” said Taisen Maddern, BlueAnt’s Chairman. “I’m confident he will help us accomplish great feats as a company, and I’m looking forward to actively supporting him in BlueAnt’s future growth.”
Over the last 15 years, Wanless has held several CEO positions in Europe, Australia and China, assuming full profit and loss responsibility for research and development, marketing and sales, manufacturing, outsourcing, purchasing and finance.
Wanless is trained in the European Foundation for Quality Management Excellence Model, a key business management tool used by organizations such as BMW and Nokia. He possesses a comprehensive understanding of the product creation process for software, hardware and finished goods for the consumer electronic market. He was also instructed by Philips in the best practices of senior management. A graduate of the University of London’s King’s College, Wanless holds an honors degree in physics and resides in Australia.
The company’s move to Chicago has been well-received by BlueAnt’s Illinois-based employees. “We’re very excited to call downtown Chicago our new home,” said Financial Controller Karen Tolbert. “Being located in the city proper will be advantageous to our staff and our company as we continue to develop and market first-class Bluetooth devices.”
About BlueAnt Wireless
BlueAnt Wireless is a global technology company that provides the most innovative Bluetooth peripheral devices and accessories on the market. The company’s product portfolio includes hands-free, stereo audio streaming and wireless communications products with cutting-edge technology, design and features. BlueAnt’s products have been recognized for advancements in hands-free communications by receiving numerous prestigious industry awards. The company is based in Melbourne, Australia, with offices in Chicago and Hong Kong. For more information, please visit www.blueantwireless.com.
Simply Connect with BlueAnt Wireless on:
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1