|By Business Wire||
|November 20, 2012 03:36 PM EST||
eLOTTERY, Inc., a leading provider of web-based retailing and e-commerce marketing services to state and governmental lotteries, announced it has been awarded a patent from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office that will “enable us to offer an internet ticket sales system that communicates via mobile phone to a state’s existing system,” according to eLOTTERY Chairman and CEO Edwin McGuinn.
“This intellectual property award, when added to our existing intellectual property, covers all the ways that state lottery tickets can be sold on the internet and will allow us to capitalize on this enormous and rapidly emerging opportunity,” McGuinn said.
Prior to this patent award, eLOTTERY held seven U.S. patents that covered the sale of state or governmental lottery tickets over the internet communicating directly to the state’s existing lottery ticket system. “With the award of this patent (U.S. patent #8,272,959), our patent coverage extends to an internet lottery ticket sales system that communicates via mobile telephones as well,” McGuinn said.
Virtually every state lottery could increase their sales as much as 15 percent – or $9.1 billion based on over $60.7 billion of annual U.S. lottery sales – by making their products available online, according to research conducted by eLOTTERY, Inc.
“These additional funds could be directly injected into the state’s budget for education and public safety, during a time when economic uncertainties abound throughout the nation,” Mr. McGuinn added.
About eLOTTERY, Inc.
eLOTTERY, Inc. is an application service provider of internet marketing and e-commerce technology for lotteries, and now holds pioneering patents covering internet lottery technology. In addition to the U.S. patents, the company has been issued e-commerce patents for selling state and governmental lottery tickets in Australia, Canada, China and Norway, and has similar patents pending in several other countries.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1