|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
SHENZHEN, China, Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- When you think about your phone, it's probably the object that you use most in your life. It's something that you have with you all the time. With this unique relationship people have with their phone, Applehour.com takes changing the way of using it really seriously.
It's true and we're all aware of it: cell phone speakers, with few exceptions, are horrible. They can be fine in a pinch, if you're just going to play a quick game on your phone or just want to hear the audio on a YouTube video. But generally speaking, the speakers built into your phone are awful and utterly inadequate for any but the most basic use, and you know they only get worse the smaller your cell phone is. If you're a music or movie fan, they just aren't going to cut it.
You could always replace them with a dedicated speaker system for when you're at home, but what if you're traveling? What if you're away and you just want to unwind to some music? There are a number of situations where you might want a better speaker than what's built into your phone. Some manufacturers recognize this, and have taken action in hopes of offering a better alternative.
Applehour.com didn't just set out to bring you a NEW accessory for your phone but rather introduce one that would be revolutionary. The DOSS Alonso is the result of this approach.
Let's first take a look at what's so special with the DOSS Alonso:
1. Bluetooth connectivity with iPad, iPhone, Galaxy, Nexus, Xperia or any other Bluetooth devices.
2. A built-in battery pack good for six hours of wireless playback from a full charge.
3. Built-in TF (Micro SD) card decoding system for Micro SD card music playback.
4. A 3.5mm AUX-IN mini-jack for inputting audio from your MP3 players or PC.
5. Hand-free function to answer a phone call via the speaker.
6. Air-Bass Technology to provide a powerful music output.
Getting started with the DOSS Alonso is actually as simple in practice as DOSS makes it out to be. Switch on the button on the bottom, and the device will automatically boot. With a few words of indication, the DOSS Alonso is standing by. Then you go to your Phone Setting, open your Bluetooth connectivity, and you will quickly find the speaker waiting to be paired. Last, click the "pairing" option on your cell phone and the two devices will be connected. Then you can browse through your playlist, select the song you like most and enjoy a wonderful listening experience.
DOSS Alonso is capable of producing bass, especially with its Air-Bass Technology. Not a whole lot, but at least some, which signals a definite upgrade. Most cell phone speakers simply aren't capable of hitting deep bass, and the bottom tends to fall out of most music. The DOSS Alonso doesn't have that problem.
TF Card Music Playback
Whenever you insert a TF/Micro SD Card, the DOSS Alonso will automatically switch to card music playback mode, and the red indicator for "TF" will illuminate. If not, press the "mode" button and switch mode. The Forward and Back buttons allow you to play the next song or previous one. Hold these two buttons to increase or decrease your sound volume.
Answer a Phone Call
The DOSS Alonso has another very interesting function that allows you to answer a phone call via your speaker. When a call is incoming, the DOSS Alonso will respond and you can begin talking to your friend by just pressing a button. To end a call, just press that button again.
The DOSS Alonso is clearly designed to be as portable as humanly possible, an effort to strike a balance between sound quality and mobility, and on that front we feel like much more of a success. Playback over the DOSS Alonso was perfectly fine for casual use, and with the volume cranked up it can definitely fill a room.
Being able to support three different methods of connectivity—Bluetooth, TF Card and 3.5mm AUX-IN mini jack—makes it as flexible as you could ask for, and the wireless range is outstanding.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1