|By Business Wire||
|November 26, 2012 07:55 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3xdb24/mobile_payment) has announced the addition of the "Mobile Payment Security, Fraud, and Risk: Breaches, Malware, and the OS Linchpin" report to their offering.
Mobile payments have arrived. Driving this revolution is a large collection of technologies, some of which are immature and not fully secure. Nascent solutions are a gilded invitation for criminals to attack at various points within the mobile payments ecosystem. Operating system (OS) developers, payment networks, banks, and even users need to be involved in keeping this evolving environment secure.
The two greatest threats to the mobile payments industry are malware and data breaches. The data breach is well understood and is a universal issue for the payments industry. Standards like PCI have gone a long way toward combating the problem. The malware problem, however, is more focused, initially affecting OS and applications developers, with the effects eventually spreading to the rest of the mobile payments community.
Mercator Advisory Group's new report, Mobile Payment Security, Fraud, and Risk: Breaches, Malware, and the OS Linchpin, examines these threats, explores ways in which fraudsters might exploit them, and indicates how the mobile industry should prepare and respond.
"Criminals are highly motivated to attack mobile payments because they are such a rich target. Historically, these hackers have been loosely organized but effective. They take advantage of the lag between the introduction of a payment technology and its general acceptance by the public. This period provides ample opportunity for the perpetrators to discover vulnerabilities and prepare attack strategies," David Fish, senior analyst in Mercator Advisory Group's Fraud, Risk, and Analytics Advisory Service and author of the report, comments. "Our research has indicated that OS developers are in the best position to limit the spread of mobile malware. They control the OS, they control their own applications, and they are in a position to control the offerings of third-party application vendors."
Highlights of this report include:
- Discussion of the two approaches to mobile payments and analysis of the security threats facing them.
- Review of traditional forms of payment fraud and explanation of how these forms are evolving as mobile enters the payments ecosystem.
- Examination of the methods and vectors that fraudsters use to obtain payment card information and the schemes they exploit to capitalize on stolen data.
- Analysis of the drivers of insecurity in the mobile arena, including OS application review processes, time-to-market pressures, vulnerabilities to phishing, WiFi hacks, man-in-the-middle attacks, and others.
- Recommendations for tighter mobile payment security for OS developers, corporate and individual mobile users, application developers, and mobile carriers.
- American Express
- First Data
- Global Payments
- Research In Motion
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3xdb24/mobile_payment
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1