|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
LONDON, November 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
In Britain, we love a good tablet. Surfing the web, checking emails, reading up on gossip, playing games, Facebook status updates…the list goes on. But just how much do we love tablets?
With a whole new selection of tablets being released, including Google's Nexus 4, Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1 and Apple's iPad mini and iPad with Retina display, there's never been more choice. There's nothing better than a good statistic when it comes to determining obsession, which is why tech firm Storage Option did some research to determine exactly how popular the tablet is, and how frequently the people of Britain were using their mobile devices.
One of the headline discoveries was that 49% of tablet users said they were more interested in using their device than talking to their partners! It also transpired that 20% of people are so attached to their tablets that they set a limit on the amount of time their partners can spend using devices.
It also seems that the tablet is set to replace the paper back novel as a common partner in the bedroom, with 57% of those taking part admitting to using mobile devices in bed. On top of that, mobiles are used by 40% of people while on the loo.
The tablet is also fast becoming a truly useful tool. Thanks to tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, which uses an S Pen stylus to let you hand write notes and open multiple apps on screen at once, 40% of respondents said that mobile devices were improving their efficiency. When asked if they would miss out on vital information if left without a device for a day, 36% of people in Northern Ireland and 34% in South East England said they would.
Looking to enter the world of tablet computers? Carphone Warehouse has some of the cheapest prices going, in store or online. There you can pick up a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 from just £317, which is currently better than anyone else.
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad
In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner 'Best Buy Mobile'. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse's European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
SOURCE Carphone Warehouse
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1