|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA and LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 --
- Today Entuity® announced the general availability of a major new release of its award-winning network management solution (Entuity 13). Unlike typical "service pack" releases, this new version contains significant functional improvements and technology updates. With two product releases annually, Entuity helps keep customers abreast of the latest advances in network infrastructure while helping reduce the overall cost and effort required to manage today's enterprise networks.
- In a recent Network Management Systems Radar Report by Enterprise Management Associates, Entuity was recognized for having the most enthusiastic customers. According to the report, "Entuity customers raved about the intuitive UI, easy deployment, and quality of vendor support received, clearly exceeding expectations on a regular basis."
- Entuity 13 integrates all the requisite, contemporary network management functionality including automated, continual discovery of inventory and topology; configuration monitoring; event alerting and root cause analysis; elemental and flow-based performance; and extensive reporting into a single solution with limitless scalability. Entuity's unique future-proof product architecture provides a rapid development environment ensuring that customers won't need to wait months or years for the ability to monitor the latest advances in network infrastructure and technology.
- Topology Mapping Enhancements - Connectivity links in topology maps are typically established automatically. Occasionally, for a variety of reasons, some devices need to be linked manually. Entuity 13 users are now able, with drag-and-drop ease, to associate handpicked interfaces and devices with manually added links to display their status dynamically for richer and more complete network maps. Event information is now propagated to top-level group icons and manual links for better awareness of issues affecting a group's individual components. A custom topology map may now be included in Entuity Custom Dashboards for improved integration. Additionally, Entuity 13 allows administrators to set read-only maps for specific groups of users.
- Reporting Enhancements - Entuity 13 includes enhancements that allow administrators to quickly review, update and clone existing scheduled reports. A new suite of dashboard optimized mini-reports that help users build richer dashboards more easily and quickly has also been added. In addition to over 100 out-of-the-box reports, several new reports have been added to Entuity 13, including: Port Availability, CPU Capacity Planning, Memory Capacity Planning and Port Bandwidth Capacity Planning.
- User Interface Improvements - Several functional improvements have been made to the Entuity 13 UI to help users work more efficiently and allow them to focus more tightly on business issues. Notable among the UI improvements is one that allows administrators to configure custom dashboards on behalf of other users and another that presents a variety of new Object Status Icons and tool tips to help NOC staff identify and respond to issues with greater speed and ease.
- Script-Based Administration & Configuration Enhancements - Cloud Service Providers and large enterprise administrators frequently need to manipulate large sets of managed network objects. Many of these tasks can be automated by using scripts. Entuity 13 includes new features that allow more administrative tasks to be scripted and run from third-party solutions, including editing community strings; deleting devices; and creating, editing, and deleting IP SLA operations. Also included in this release are enhancements that enable change-triggered collection of device configuration files, helping users stay up-to-date with device configuration changes.
- Flow Analysis Updates - Entuity includes basic Integrated Flow Analysis at no extra charge along with an optional Integrated Flow Analyzer Premium version with enhanced functionality. In Entuity 13, both basic and premium versions of the Integrated Flow Analyzer have been extended with support for Internet Protocol Flow Information Export (IPFIX).
- Updated Device Support - This release includes enhanced support for Cisco ACE, ASA, ASR and MDS devices among others.
- Updated Platform Support - Entuity 13 includes updates to support full migration to 64 bit Linux, Red Hat® Enterprise Server v6 and Oracle® Linux R6.
- Entuity 13 will be available in December for Microsoft® Windows Server® and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® on both physical and virtualized hardware. Other supported virtual environments include Oracle VM Server & VM Manager, VMwareESX/ESXi & VCenter, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Supporting References and Quotes
- Quote, attributed to Jim Frey, Managing Research Director, Enterprise Management Associates
"Entuity actively listens to all customer feedback while tightly honing its development schedule to provide two predictable major software releases per year. This tight schedule and willingness to listen to customer needs goes a long way toward keeping operators abreast of the latest network technology."
- Quote, attributed to Petr Dvorak, Senior Product Manager, Entuity
"Network Operators and Administrators don't have a lot of spare time these days. It's always gratifying if we can do something to help save them some time and effort by automating or simplifying as much as we can. Entuity 13 continues along this path with wide ranging enhancements in a number of key areas that benefit from such automated features."
- Quote, attributed to Michael Jannery, President and CEO, Entuity
"For each of the last five years, Entuity has delivered two major product updates to our customers with significant new functionality. Today it is imperative to stay abreast with new technologies and while it's our Engineers and Developers that make this happen, it's our unique underlying architecture that helps make it happen quickly and efficiently."
- Video: Watch a 2 Minute Overview of the Entuity All-in-One Solution
- White Paper: Download the EMA 2012 Network Management Research Summary
- Read the Latest Product Review by the Independent Network Testing Labs
- Check out other Entuity Network Management Resources
Entuity is a leading independent provider of innovative network management software for both large and small networks supporting enterprises worldwide. Entuity helps deliver network predictability and control that enables enterprises, system integrators and cloud service providers to manage network services and assets, meet service level commitments and implement best practices in network service delivery. On a daily basis, the Entuity all-in-one solution helps customers take the work out of network management through future-proof technology, operational efficiency, a sharp business focus, and a high degree of automation.
Entuity is highly regarded for its rapid deployment, ease of use, and low cost of ownership. Entuity customers include organizations such as ABB, Airports Company South Africa, Sanofi, Astra Zeneca, Nokia, BMC Software, CLS Services, DIRECTV, Dell Computer, Pernod Ricard, Grupo Modelo, Air China, and WorldPay. For more information, please visit entuity.com or call (508) 357-6344 (North America) or +44 (0) 20 7444 4800 (EMEA).
Entuity and the Entuity logo are registered trademarks of Entuity, Ltd. All other marks and names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
+1.508.357.6344 Ext. 15
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,812
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 4,473
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 16, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,067
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,468
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,829
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 5,211
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 5,714
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,900
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,649
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,143
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,771
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 15, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 3,488
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 15, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 7,377
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 15, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 6,125
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 15, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 4,776
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, discussed how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy applica...
Jan. 15, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,920
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 15, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,693
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 15, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,566
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 15, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 4,963
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 15, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,400