|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA and LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 --
- Today Entuity® announced the general availability of a major new release of its award-winning network management solution (Entuity 13). Unlike typical "service pack" releases, this new version contains significant functional improvements and technology updates. With two product releases annually, Entuity helps keep customers abreast of the latest advances in network infrastructure while helping reduce the overall cost and effort required to manage today's enterprise networks.
- In a recent Network Management Systems Radar Report by Enterprise Management Associates, Entuity was recognized for having the most enthusiastic customers. According to the report, "Entuity customers raved about the intuitive UI, easy deployment, and quality of vendor support received, clearly exceeding expectations on a regular basis."
- Entuity 13 integrates all the requisite, contemporary network management functionality including automated, continual discovery of inventory and topology; configuration monitoring; event alerting and root cause analysis; elemental and flow-based performance; and extensive reporting into a single solution with limitless scalability. Entuity's unique future-proof product architecture provides a rapid development environment ensuring that customers won't need to wait months or years for the ability to monitor the latest advances in network infrastructure and technology.
- Topology Mapping Enhancements - Connectivity links in topology maps are typically established automatically. Occasionally, for a variety of reasons, some devices need to be linked manually. Entuity 13 users are now able, with drag-and-drop ease, to associate handpicked interfaces and devices with manually added links to display their status dynamically for richer and more complete network maps. Event information is now propagated to top-level group icons and manual links for better awareness of issues affecting a group's individual components. A custom topology map may now be included in Entuity Custom Dashboards for improved integration. Additionally, Entuity 13 allows administrators to set read-only maps for specific groups of users.
- Reporting Enhancements - Entuity 13 includes enhancements that allow administrators to quickly review, update and clone existing scheduled reports. A new suite of dashboard optimized mini-reports that help users build richer dashboards more easily and quickly has also been added. In addition to over 100 out-of-the-box reports, several new reports have been added to Entuity 13, including: Port Availability, CPU Capacity Planning, Memory Capacity Planning and Port Bandwidth Capacity Planning.
- User Interface Improvements - Several functional improvements have been made to the Entuity 13 UI to help users work more efficiently and allow them to focus more tightly on business issues. Notable among the UI improvements is one that allows administrators to configure custom dashboards on behalf of other users and another that presents a variety of new Object Status Icons and tool tips to help NOC staff identify and respond to issues with greater speed and ease.
- Script-Based Administration & Configuration Enhancements - Cloud Service Providers and large enterprise administrators frequently need to manipulate large sets of managed network objects. Many of these tasks can be automated by using scripts. Entuity 13 includes new features that allow more administrative tasks to be scripted and run from third-party solutions, including editing community strings; deleting devices; and creating, editing, and deleting IP SLA operations. Also included in this release are enhancements that enable change-triggered collection of device configuration files, helping users stay up-to-date with device configuration changes.
- Flow Analysis Updates - Entuity includes basic Integrated Flow Analysis at no extra charge along with an optional Integrated Flow Analyzer Premium version with enhanced functionality. In Entuity 13, both basic and premium versions of the Integrated Flow Analyzer have been extended with support for Internet Protocol Flow Information Export (IPFIX).
- Updated Device Support - This release includes enhanced support for Cisco ACE, ASA, ASR and MDS devices among others.
- Updated Platform Support - Entuity 13 includes updates to support full migration to 64 bit Linux, Red Hat® Enterprise Server v6 and Oracle® Linux R6.
- Entuity 13 will be available in December for Microsoft® Windows Server® and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® on both physical and virtualized hardware. Other supported virtual environments include Oracle VM Server & VM Manager, VMwareESX/ESXi & VCenter, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Supporting References and Quotes
- Quote, attributed to Jim Frey, Managing Research Director, Enterprise Management Associates
"Entuity actively listens to all customer feedback while tightly honing its development schedule to provide two predictable major software releases per year. This tight schedule and willingness to listen to customer needs goes a long way toward keeping operators abreast of the latest network technology."
- Quote, attributed to Petr Dvorak, Senior Product Manager, Entuity
"Network Operators and Administrators don't have a lot of spare time these days. It's always gratifying if we can do something to help save them some time and effort by automating or simplifying as much as we can. Entuity 13 continues along this path with wide ranging enhancements in a number of key areas that benefit from such automated features."
- Quote, attributed to Michael Jannery, President and CEO, Entuity
"For each of the last five years, Entuity has delivered two major product updates to our customers with significant new functionality. Today it is imperative to stay abreast with new technologies and while it's our Engineers and Developers that make this happen, it's our unique underlying architecture that helps make it happen quickly and efficiently."
- Video: Watch a 2 Minute Overview of the Entuity All-in-One Solution
- White Paper: Download the EMA 2012 Network Management Research Summary
- Read the Latest Product Review by the Independent Network Testing Labs
- Check out other Entuity Network Management Resources
Entuity is a leading independent provider of innovative network management software for both large and small networks supporting enterprises worldwide. Entuity helps deliver network predictability and control that enables enterprises, system integrators and cloud service providers to manage network services and assets, meet service level commitments and implement best practices in network service delivery. On a daily basis, the Entuity all-in-one solution helps customers take the work out of network management through future-proof technology, operational efficiency, a sharp business focus, and a high degree of automation.
Entuity is highly regarded for its rapid deployment, ease of use, and low cost of ownership. Entuity customers include organizations such as ABB, Airports Company South Africa, Sanofi, Astra Zeneca, Nokia, BMC Software, CLS Services, DIRECTV, Dell Computer, Pernod Ricard, Grupo Modelo, Air China, and WorldPay. For more information, please visit entuity.com or call (508) 357-6344 (North America) or +44 (0) 20 7444 4800 (EMEA).
Entuity and the Entuity logo are registered trademarks of Entuity, Ltd. All other marks and names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
+1.508.357.6344 Ext. 15
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,076
There's no doubt that the Internet of Things is driving the next wave of innovation. Google has spent billions over the past few months vacuuming up companies that specialize in smart appliances and machine learning. Already, Philips light bulbs, Audi automobiles, and Samsung washers and dryers can communicate with and be controlled from mobile devices. To take advantage of the opportunities the Internet of Things brings to your business, you'll want to start preparing now.
May. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,818
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 25, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,001
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect at Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services ...
May. 25, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,314
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
May. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,582
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
May. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,958
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 25, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,449
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,453
Container frameworks, such as Docker, provide a variety of benefits, including density of deployment across infrastructure, convenience for application developers to push updates with low operational hand-holding, and a fairly well-defined deployment workflow that can be orchestrated. Container frameworks also enable a DevOps approach to application development by cleanly separating concerns between operations and development teams. But running multi-container, multi-server apps with containers is very hard. You have to learn five new and different technologies and best practices (libswarm, sy...
May. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,306
SYS-CON Events announced today that DragonGlass, an enterprise search platform, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. After eleven years of designing and building custom applications, OpenCrowd has launched DragonGlass, a cloud-based platform that enables the development of search-based applications. These are a new breed of applications that utilize a search index as their backbone for data retrieval. They can easily adapt to new data sets and provide access to both structured and unstruc...
May. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,115
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines...
May. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,308
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fil...
May. 25, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,095
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 25, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,777
The worldwide cellular network will be the backbone of the future IoT, and the telecom industry is clamoring to get on board as more than just a data pipe. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Evan McGee, CTO of Ring Plus, Inc., discussed what service operators can offer that would benefit IoT entrepreneurs, inventors, and consumers. Evan McGee is the CTO of RingPlus, a leading innovative U.S. MVNO and wireless enabler. His focus is on combining web technologies with traditional telecom to create a new breed of unified communication that is easily accessible to the general consumer. With over a de...
May. 25, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,822
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize supplier management. Learn about enterprise architecture strategies for designing connected systems tha...
May. 25, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,072
Cloud is not a commodity. And no matter what you call it, computing doesn’t come out of the sky. It comes from physical hardware inside brick and mortar facilities connected by hundreds of miles of networking cable. And no two clouds are built the same way. SoftLayer gives you the highest performing cloud infrastructure available. One platform that takes data centers around the world that are full of the widest range of cloud computing options, and then integrates and automates everything. Join SoftLayer on June 9 at 16th Cloud Expo to learn about IBM Cloud's SoftLayer platform, explore se...
May. 25, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,287
SYS-CON Media announced today that 9 out of 10 " most read" DevOps articles are published by @DevOpsSummit Blog. Launched in October 2014, @DevOpsSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce softw...
May. 25, 2015 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,334
15th Cloud Expo, which took place Nov. 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, expanded the conference content of @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit to include two developer events. IBM held a Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held a Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo floor. The Bluemix Developer Playground, for developers of all levels, highlighted the ease of use of Bluemix, its services and functionality and provide short-term introductory projects that developers can complete between sessions.
May. 25, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,443
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, deploy, and manage applications integrating voice, video and data. He is the co-founder of TeleStax, a...
May. 25, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,561
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / President / Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., showed what is needed to leverage the IoT to transform your business. He discussed opportunities and challenges ahead for the IoT from a market and technical point of vie...
May. 25, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,931