|By Marketwired .||
|November 27, 2012 05:16 AM EST||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 -- As Britons tighten their belts, ordering in has become the new eating out, and figures show it's all about convenience for our instant gratification nation who are utilising internet and mobile devices more than ever to satisfy their takeaway cravings.
As the only food platform in the UK to cover all major mobile markets, hungryhouse.co.uk is revolutionising the takeaway industry. Having seen mobile orders nearly double since the beginning of the year, they now make up 30% of total orders.
With their new Android app, launched earlier this month, the company takes convenience to entirely new levels by allowing people to browse thousands of user-rated dishes, order, and then sync their delivery with the time they arrive home.
To keep up with the demand for on-the-go ordering, hungryhouse says it was essential to introduce the Android app, a move which has made them the first takeaway food site in the UK to go completely mobile. hungryhouse founder Shane Lake states, "Smartphones are radically changing the industry and the way people think about ordering takeaway food, and hungryhouse is very proud to be leading this innovative period of change. Technology and food are what we do best and I think this latest app is a fine example of that."
As hungryhouse partners with over 9,000 restaurants across the UK, you'll be able to satisfy your need for anything from fresh sushi, to your favourite pizza. If you haven't had time to stock the fridge, or you're simply in need of a takeaway treat, the power lies in the palm of your hand.
Mobile technology has been hailed as the saving grace for the UK's £4.8 billion ($7.6 billion) takeaway industry, with the popularity of new technologies reviving the public's taste for takeaway convenience. If the current trend continues, hungryhouse expects that by this time next year over 50% of all orders will be made on handheld devices.
hungryhouse.co.uk's mission is to become the UK's most trusted source for the takeaway industry. More than just a restaurant directory -- it's a convenient and transparent way to find a restaurant, read reviews and order home delivery. The platform, which is part of Delivery Hero, helps restaurateurs keep up with the increasing technological demands of their customers, and through mobile phone apps gives customers a comfortable way to carry thousands of menus around in their pocket!
Email: [email protected]
78 York Street, London, W1H
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1