|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
LONDON, November 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Tablets have become more and more popular, and currently out sell PCs. If there was one thing that tech analysts criticised about tablets, it was that the prices were a little too steep for many. This is what Carphone Warehouse is hoping to combat with their UK's lowest price on tablets Christmas campaign.
One of the most popular tablets featuring in Carphone Warehouse's campaign is the Amazon Kindle Fire. Designed to be portable, it features a high resolution HD display, which is perfect for videos, eBooks and web browsing. The built-in Wi-Fi connectivity makes it easy to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots or to your home network, and also means you can access the Amazon app store. Here there are over 50,000 apps, with everything from games and videos to themes.
The hardware inside the Amazon Kindle Fire is also pretty powerful. The dual core processor is very capable, enabling you to run 3D games, and even open multiple apps at once without experiencing juttering or laginess. It's also super-efficient, so you'll get a battery life of up to 9 hours, plenty of time to jump on Facebook, send a few emails or stream some YouTube videos every night.
When it comes to price, the Amazon Kindle Fire began life as a sub-£150 tablet. Black Friday resulted in Amazon dropping the price, but if you want the Kindle Fire straight away without having to wait for the postman, Carphone Warehouse stores are offering the tablet for a market leading £98. Considering the quality screen, light weight, small size and powerful dual core processor, it's a real bargain.
With great deals on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (£147, with £30 cashback) and the larger iPad with Retina display (or iPad 4) for just £389, the Christmas campaign at Carphone Warehouse could lead to many with brand new tablets waiting to be opened come Christmas day.
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad
In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner 'Best Buy Mobile'. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse's European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
Contact: Carphone Warehouse
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1