|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 09:35 AM EST||
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cardo Systems, Inc., the world's market leader in wireless Bluetooth communications for motorcycle helmets, today announced it sponsored the recently completed "The India Ride" (www.theindiaride.com), an ambitious 14,000 kilometer, 54-day motorcycle journey around India. The India Ride was completed by Ryan and Colin Pyle, two brothers who previously completed the Middle Kingdom Ride, a Guinness Book of World Records circumnavigation of China.
Through their epic journey the brothers used the Cardo scala rider G9 to communicate with each other and their support and filming team. The product is the most advanced motorcycle helmet communication system that enables clear and reliable wireless, bike-to-bike intercom communication. Operating at a range of up to one mile, the scala rider G9 enabled both riders to relay important information, which proved to be especially vital while they were traversing difficult and dangerous terrain. Cardo had previously also sponsored the Middle Kingdom ride of brothers Ryan and Colin, who used Cardo's scala rider® communication system on their grueling adventure ride around China.
"The scala rider absolutely enhanced our trip and allowed us to communicate and ride with four eyes instead of just two," said Ryan Pyle. The India Ride team encountered harsh conditions during the journey including injuries, landslides, harrowing road hazards, construction, and altitudes above 16,000 feet. The entire journey was recorded by professional videographers, and will be presented on television in the third or fourth quarter of 2013.
"Kudos to the Pyle brothers and their team on their impressive accomplishment," said Cardo's CEO Abraham Glezerman. "Ryan and Colin embody the magic appeal of motorcycle touring under the most demanding conditions and beautiful terrain. The fact that our scala rider G9 exceeded their expectations on this ambitious and at times grueling journey is very gratifying and also gives us the feeling that a part of us was there. We put our products through tough tests and we are thrilled to see our products meet or exceed real world challenges like the India Ride. We salute them and all other Cardo scala rider users throughout the world who have ridden with our systems through breathtaking and challenging environments to fulfill their dreams."
The Cardo scala rider G9 offers unparalleled connection functionalities, with wireless access to a rider's mobile phone as well as streaming GPS and MP3. The Intercom offers not only Conference Mode among four riders up to one mile, but also intercom toggling to up to eight other riders. A new "flash pairing" feature allows riders to establish a connection with other users by simply bumping two of the units together. Many of the device's functions can be managed by voice commands, allowing riders such as Ryan and Colin to keep all of their attention focused on the road.
The scala rider G9 is now available at select distributors, retail outlets, and specialty shops. For more information, please visit www.cardosystems.com.
About Cardo Systems, Inc.
Cardo Systems, Inc., headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, has specialized in the design, development, manufacturing and sale of state-of-the-art communication and entertainment systems for motorcycle helmets since 2003. Cardo has pioneered the majority of the most useful and enjoyable innovations for Bluetooth motorcycle and snowmobile headsets. The company's scala rider® line of headsets, now available in over 60 countries, is the world's best selling Bluetooth system for the motorcycle industry. For more information call (412) 788-4533 and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cardoscalarider.
SOURCE Cardo Systems, Inc.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1