|By Business Wire||
|November 28, 2012 10:15 AM EST||
ChargePoint the world’s largest and most established EV charging station network and Service Solutions US, LLC, an industry leader in EVSE full service supply, installation and support, today announced a reseller agreement for electric vehicle charging stations and services in the North American marketplace. Service Solutions, a supplier to virtually every major automotive manufacturer around the globe, will now resell all ChargePoint electric vehicle charging stations and services into auto manufacturers, their dealers and customers and Fortune 1,000 markets in general. The agreement is the first time Service Solutions will resell networked EV charging stations and services in the market. Networked EV charging stations provide significant advantages including the ability to manage billing, create viable pricing structures for EV charging services, monitor and track EV charging station usage and costs.
ChargePoint & Service Solutions US, LLC, today announced a reseller agreement for electric vehicle charging stations and services in the North American marketplace. (Photo: Business Wire)
“A key goal of our business is to provide residential and commercial charging infrastructure customers with choices. We have seen strong interest in the market for networked electric vehicle charging solutions and we are excited to offer the ChargePoint product line to our customers. We believe that the ChargePoint family of products will provide added value to our customers seeking smart features in an EV charging solution,” Kevin Mull, Vice President of EV Solutions at Service Solutions.
“Service Solutions is a long and trusted supplier to the automotive industry,” said Pat Romano president and CEO of ChargePoint. “We have worked closely with them over the years as a key installer for thousands of ChargePoint EV charging stations throughout the United States. This addition to their EV charging station product line will provide a great differentiator for Service Solutions giving them the leading product portfolio of EV charging equipment in the industry. Service Solutions has an international network of certified and trained electricians and offers turnkey charging station and installation services. We are pleased to partner with them.”
ChargePoint EV charging stations are included on all ChargePoint EV mobile phone applications for iPhone and Android. These ChargePoint mobile apps provide an easy way to locate stations near any specified address and get turn-by-turn directions. Additionally, these applications allow drivers to utilize ChargePoint’s station reservation feature. Drivers can locate stations and make, view and cancel a reservation time slot directly from a smart phone. EV drivers can access features including the ability to: help with trip planning, manage the cost of charging, and find and operate public ChargePoint-enabled stations.
For organizations considering offering EV charging services, ChargePoint offers “ChargePoint Test Drive”, a free seven-day trial to experience all that the ChargePoint services platform has to offer. For more information visit: www.chargepoint.com/testdrive.
About Service Solutions US LLC
Service Solutions is a subsidiary of SPX Corporation and is a leading global provider of advanced diagnostic systems and service solutions for automotive manufacturers, their dealer networks, and retail and aftermarket channels. The business also provides consulting, strategy and technical information for vehicle servicing and maintenance, as well as for charging and the servicing of electric vehicles. SPX (NYSE: SPW) is a global Fortune 500 multi-industry manufacturing company. With headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., SPX has over $5 billion in annual revenue, operations in more than 35 countries and over 18,000 employees. This description of SPX does not contemplate the pending sale of the Service Solutions business to Robert Bosch GmbH. Visit www.pluginnow.com.
About ChargePoint, Inc.
ChargePoint is the largest online network of independently owned charging stations operating in more than 14 countries. ChargePoint provides everything a station owner needs to deliver turnkey charging services in their parking lots. For drivers, ChargePoint provides state of the art features including the ability to locate reserve and navigate to unoccupied charging stations with online tools and mobile applications. ChargePoint locations may be found online and are included on the ChargePoint mobile applications for iPhone and Android. The ChargePoint Network is open to all charging station manufacturers. Stations on ChargePoint are currently dispensing over 812 Megawatt hours of energy each month, with drivers plugging in for more than 4100 charging sessions per day. Follow ChargePoint on Twitter @chargepointnet.
Service Solutions EV Charging Facts
- Provided over 14,000 charging stations
- Electric vehicle charging program manager for GM, Daimler, and DTE Energy.
- Performed over 4,500 installations in all 50 States, 12 countries, and 4 continents
- International network of 400 certified electrical contractors comprised of more than 900 electricians
- 20,000 customer contacts per month
- 100 years of automotive experience
ChargePoint EV Charging Facts
- More than 1,500 organizations provide EV charging via ChargePoint
- ChargePoint stations currently dispensing more than 812 Megawatt hours (mWh) of electric fuel each month; the annual equivalent of 2,000,000 gallons of gas avoided and 30 million lbs. of Co2 emissions prevented
- Drivers plug into a ChargePoint EV charging station more than 4,100 times every day
- More than 10,000 charging spots worldwide
- 21,000 registered EV drivers and growing
- Over 45,000 mobile app downloads
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1