|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 05:54 PM EST||
LONDON, November 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
New Nokia Lumia smartphone range launches with a brand new light and music spectacular
Nokia last night joined forces with deadmau5 to launch two new Nokia Lumia handsets with a spectacular light and music experience: This Is Lumia.
Exactly a year after Nokia created the biggest light show the capital had ever seen - a 4D projection that covered Millbank Tower - the mobile giant transformed an entire London square last night into an immersive audio-visual show starring deadmau5.
Nokia rigged every inch of Flat Iron Square in Southwark, using specially developed software, to come alive in sequence to a deadmau5 set. People arriving in the square saw just a normal London street, and as the music started the technology allowed in to be 'played' like a musical instrument.
Adam Johnson, Head of Consumer Marketing (UK & Ireland) at Nokia said: "We wanted to do something as innovative as our products to celebrate the launch of the new Nokia Lumia range. The show took its inspiration from the vibrant colours of the range. The Nokia Lumia 920 has extraordinary low light capabilities and we wanted to create an event that would showcase this fantastic feature and still show that our products stand out from the current sea of faceless black handsets".
deadmau5 said: "Playing Millbank Tower was an incredible experience, so it's great to be back in London to team up with Nokia again. The new show was a totally different concept from last year, but equally inspiring and technically challenging."
The Nokia Lumia 920 is Nokia's flagship Windows Phone 8 smartphone which includes the latest advances in Nokia's PureView imaging innovation. Using advanced floating lens technology, the camera in the Nokia Lumia 920 is able to take in five times more light than other smartphones without using flash, making it possible to capture clear, bright pictures and video indoors and at night as it is able to compensate for hand movement while the photo is being taken.
Conor Pierce, VP for Nokia said: "We see the Lumia 920 as one of the most exciting phones we have launched at Nokia, it includes some truly groundbreaking innovations: Wireless charging, a screen that automatically adjusts its colour and brightness, depending on sunlight, a touchscreen that even works when you're wearing gloves and best of all it's a beautiful device; like the 'This is Lumia' event the 920 looks just awesome."
For footage from the event, head to facebook.com/nokiauk
Notes for Editors
Nokia is a global leader in mobile communications whose products have become an integral part of the lives of people around the world. Every day, more than 1.3 billion people use their Nokia to capture and share experiences, access information, find their way or simply to speak to one another. Nokia's technological and design innovations have made its brand one of the most recognised in the world.
For more information, visit http://www.nokia.com/about-nokia.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1