|By PR Newswire||
|November 29, 2012 05:43 AM EST||
MUMBAI, November 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Industrial safety specialist Castell (www.castell.com) has celebrated 90 years of protecting people and assets worldwide.
Photo: http://halmapr.com/castell/90th-anniversary.jpg (Photo caption: (L-R) Sheena Shah, Kishore Pisavadia, Chris McDonald, Mike Ganesh, Neil Thakor and Jim Dilks with their long-service awards)
When James 'Harry' Castell formed the company in 1922, the health and safety industry was in embryonic form; it would be another 52 years before the UK would see the passing of the Health and Safety at Work Act. The electrification of London provided the catalyst for Harry to focus on safety at work. Electrical systems offered workers little protection, leading to many accidents and deaths. Taking the concept of interlocks from the railways, Harry applied the technology to electrical systems and electrical trapped key interlocking was born.
Castell's headquarters stand on the same north-London site that has served as home for the vast majority of the company's life. Castell is still protecting people in the workplace, although the company's reach has increased dramatically. With operations throughout the world - from Shanghai to Chicago and Chennai to Cologne - the business is now truly global. The variety of applications the company tackles has also grown, from electrical switchgear to machine guarding, marine safety, rail, logistics and transport.
This year also sees Castell's longest-serving employee, Jim Dilks, complete 40 years' service with the company. Castell held an awards ceremony in October 2012 to celebrate this extremely rare event. During the ceremony, Castell also presented long-service awards to a further five Castell colleagues: Mike Ganesh (35 years), Neil Thakor (30 years), Kishore Pisavadia, Chris McDonald and Sheena Shah (25 years each).
Keith Allingham, Operations Director, Castell, commented, "Trapped key interlocking is so versatile, it lends itself to a wide variety of applications. With the level of safety Castell interlocks provide and the length of service they can endure, we see demand from all four corners of the globe."
Dr. Tim Whelan, Castell's Managing Director, spoke of the pride of being part of a company with such a tradition: "Castell has a long history of providing robust systems, and this is something at the forefront of our minds when we think about how we develop the company and satisfy customers' requirements. We estimate there are over two million Castell locks still in circulation, which is a lot of people being kept safe by our products, and we take that responsibility very seriously. We still regularly receive calls from customers who have had locks installed for over 50 years and are looking to extend and develop their systems. The team we have at Castell is equally dedicated to ensuring that high-performance products are manufactured and distributed worldwide today. It is a testament to our organisation that we have many employees who have been with us for 20, 30 and even 40 years."
Castell Safety International Ltd (www.castell.com) was founded over 85 years ago in the United Kingdom. Since the inception of the industrial safety industry, Castell has been a leader in trapped key interlocking technology, developing products that keep pace with the needs of emerging markets and applications in all business sectors. Its products go beyond meeting legislation to create the safest working environments possible. The company now designs and manufactures the world's widest range of industrial safety systems and offers unrivalled experience in trapped key interlocking. The company operates from locations in London (UK), Chennai (India), Shanghai (China), Chicago (USA) and Cologne (Germany). Castell is a subsidiary of Halma p.l.c. Website: www.castell.com.
Halma p.l.c. (www.halma.com), an international market leader in safety, health and sensor technology, is a public company listed on the London Stock Exchange and has over 4000 employees in 40 subsidiaries worldwide. Halma's subsidiaries make products that protect lives and improve the quality of life for people through innovation in market leading products which make its customers safer, more competitive and more profitable. These subsidiaries are assisting India's economy in areas such as energy, manufacturing, healthcare, water and waste treatment, construction and transport. Halma has a hub office in Mumbai.
For further news about Castell in India and to subscribe to the Castell India RSS News Feed, please visit our blog at: http://halmapr.com/news/castell-india/.
For further information please contact: Ashok Dhanasekaran, Application Engineer
Castell Safety International Ltd
No.14, 7th Street, R.E Nagar
Porur, Chennai - 600116, Tamil Nadu
Mobile Phone: +91 9840631258
E-mail: [email protected]
Primary Media Contact: Mr. Kuniyur J. Srinivasan, [email protected], 91-22-67080400
Secondary Media Contact: Mr. Damian Corbet, [email protected], 44-1494-789152
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1