|By Marketwired .||
|November 29, 2012 05:15 PM EST||
LAFAYETTE, IN -- (Marketwire) -- 11/29/12 -- When Hurricane Sandy struck the east coast a few weeks ago, Wabash National Corporation (NYSE: WNC) immediately reached out to numerous agencies to extend a helping hand. Salvation Army of Staten Island, NY, facing an overwhelming amount of donated items from around the country with limited facilities to store goods, responded to the offer. Wabash Composites, a business unit of Wabash National, came to the rescue, sending six DuraPlate® portable storage containers to the Staten Island location, which are now full of donated items including water, cleaning supplies and clothing.
"The flood waters have receded. Now we have a flood of donated items to deal with, which is a good problem to have," said Salvation Army Captain Joe Irvine, who is overseeing relief efforts in Staten Island. "As people are gradually able to move back into their homes, we anticipate the need for supplies to radically increase."
Every day each Salvation Army donation site in the area sees 75-100 vans, trucks and even 53-foot semi-trailers loaded with supplies from as far away as California, Wisconsin and Michigan. Therefore, storage space that is weatherproof and easy to access, yet secure, is essential to store and protect these much-needed supplies.
"With so many people impacted in the Northeast, we wanted to help in the best way we could," explained Dick Giromini, president and CEO, Wabash National Corporation. "We are pleased to be in a position to be able to support the Salvation Army as it helps these communities rebound and rebuild."
Thousands of volunteers from across the country are expected in the coming months to help victims in the New York area clean out homes, salvage what they can, and clear the way for construction crews to come in and rebuild. Salvation Army will continue to serve in the relief and recovery efforts in several ways.
"With the harsh winter weather quickly approaching, it is critical to help these families get back in their homes as soon as possible -- if it's possible for them to return at all," said Irvine.
To help support Salvation Army in Hurricane Sandy relief efforts, donate online at www.salvationarmyusa.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769). For text-giving, text NYSA to 52000 to make a $10 donation through your mobile phone; to confirm your gift, respond with the word, "Yes." To send a donation by mail, send checks payable to The Salvation Army Greater New York, 120 West 14th Street, New York, NY, 10011.
About The Salvation Army in the USA
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in London in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for more than 130 years in the United States. Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through a broad array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. 82 cents of every dollar The Salvation Army spends is used to support those services in 5,000 communities nationwide. For more information, go to www.SalvationArmyUSA.org.
About The Salvation Army Greater New York Division
An integral part of the community for 132 years, The Salvation Army in Greater New York operates more than 100 community and social service programs serving more than 750,000 people, regardless of race, religion, nationality, or sexual orientation. For more information, visit our website at www.SalvationArmyNY.org.
About Wabash Composites
Wabash Composites, a business unit of Wabash National Corporation (NYSE: WNC), was established in 2008 to expand its product portfolio and identify new applications for its proven DuraPlate® composite panel technology. Wabash Composites offers innovative products currently used in a number of diverse markets including semi-trailers, truck bodies, portable storage and other commercial applications. To learn more, visit www.wabashcomposites.com or contact Wabash Composites at 866-877-5062.
About Wabash National Corporation
Headquartered in Lafayette, Indiana, Wabash National Corporation (NYSE: WNC) is a diversified manufacturer and North America's leading producer of semi trailers and liquid transportation systems. Established in 1985, the company specializes in the design and production of dry freight vans, refrigerated vans, platform trailers, intermodal equipment, liquid tank trailers, frac tanks, engineered products, and composite products. Wabash National operates three wholly-owned subsidiaries: Transcraft Corporation, Walker Group Holdings LLC and Wabash National Trailer Centers, Inc. Its innovative products are sold under the following brand names: Wabash National®, Transcraft®, Benson®, DuraPlate®, ArcticLite®, Walker® Transport, Walker® Stainless Equipment, Walker® Defense Group, Walker® Barrier Systems, Walker® Engineered Products, Brenner® Tank, Garsite, Progress Tank, TST®, Bulk Tank International and Extract Technology®. To learn more, visit www.wabashnational.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2167902
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2167905
(765) 771-5569 office
(317) 626-8896 cell
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1