|By Marketwired .||
|December 3, 2012 10:48 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/03/12 -- Elektra recording artist Ed Sheeran is wrapping up 2012 with a slate of nationally televised performances of his RIAA-gold certified single "The A Team" from his acclaimed debut album "+." The young British singer-songwriter will take over daytime television tomorrow, December 4th, appearing on nationally syndicated shows LIVE with Kelly & Michael and Katie. Sheeran will then perform on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live on December 18th (check local listings for airtimes). This year has already seen raft of performances, including NBC's TODAY, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and Last Call with Carson Daly, TBS' Conan, and the nationally syndicated Ellen DeGeneres Show.
"The A Team" has already scored multi format radio success, currently #14 and rising at CHR/Top 40, approaching top 10 at Hot AC, in heavy rotation at SiriusXM, and peaking at #2 at Triple A. In addition, the single received strong support from Clear Channel's exclusive Artist Integration Program, the company's groundbreaking artist development platform across CHR and Hot AC formats. Sheeran will perform at a number of holiday themed radio concerts across the country in December, including such cities as Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Boston, New York, Miami, Tampa, Buffalo, Washington, DC, Atlanta, Chicago, and Seattle with more to be announced shortly.
"The A Team" was equally popular at MTV and Vh1, where it reached #1 on the network's Top 20 Countdown. Additionally, Sheeran joined the illustrious list of "Vh1 You Oughta Know" artists that includes Adele, Mumford & Sons, and Bruno Mars among others, and sold out the accompanying "Vh1 You Oughta Know" fall tour of the U.S. "The A Team" also has full support from both Fuse and Nickelodeon, and the companion video clip remains an online blockbuster, earning over 47 million individual views at Sheeran's official YouTube channel, www.YouTube.com/EdSheeran.
Already an award winning songwriter for his own solo material, the 21-year old artist has also collaborated with a number of his chart-topping contemporaries. He recently co-wrote and recorded "Everything Has Changed (Feat. Ed Sheeran)," an extraordinary duet on Taylor Swift's acclaimed new album, "RED," which immediately went to #1 on the iTunes "Top Singles" chart upon its release. One Direction's just-released album "TAKE ME HOME" features a pair of songs written by Sheeran: "Over Again" and the single "Little Things." Sheeran had previously co-written "Moments" from One Direction's 2011 debut "UP ALL NIGHT."
To kick off the new year, Sheeran will embark on his biggest U.S. headline tour to date. The 2013 trek gets underway January 17th at Houston's House of Blues and then continues through mid-February. Only a handful of tickets remain with most shows already sold out, including such renowned venues as New York's world famous Radio City Music Hall, Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, and Los Angeles' Hollywood Palladium which all sold out within minutes. For complete details and remaining ticket information, please see http://edsheeran.com/live.htm. Following his headlining tour, Sheeran will support Taylor Swift on her hugely anticipated "The Red Tour." The dates get underway March 13th and 14th with a two-night stand in Omaha, Nebraska, and then continue through mid-September, hitting arenas and stadiums across North America (see itinerary below).
Masterfully blending soulful vocals with organic folk introspection and irresistible hip-hop hooks, Sheeran is a genuine phenomenon. Inspired by such diverse artists as James Morrison, Damien Rice, and Jay-Z, the gifted tunesmith's major label debut single, "The A Team," first arrived in June 2011 and instantly proved an unqualified sensation, entering among the top 3 on the U.K. Singles Chart. The track spent 11 consecutive weeks in the U.K. Top 10, making history as 2011's highest charting, biggest selling debut single. Sheeran's full-length debut, "+," soon followed, entering the U.K. Albums Chart at #1 with the highest opening sales figures for a debut male solo artist ever and is now certified 5x platinum.
In addition to their popular success, Sheeran and "+" received extensive acclaim, including the prestigious "Breakthrough Artist" trophy at the Q Awards 2011. Even greater accolades came in early 2012 as Sheeran emerged victorious with a pair of top 2011 Brit Awards -- including "Best Male Artist" and "Best Breakthrough Artist" -- after having led the field with a remarkable four total nods. Furthermore, "The A Team" received the high honor of a 2012 Ivor Novello Award nomination in the "Best Song Musically and Lyrically" category.
One of the U.K.'s biggest musical breakthroughs, Sheeran was among the superstars performing at this year's Royal Diamond Jubilee Concert, where he celebrated the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's reign by sharing the stage with such rock royalty as Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Elton John, and Sir Tom Jones. After maintaining a non-stop touring schedule that included countless main stage festival appearances around the globe, Sheeran closed the summer with a memorable performance of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" (alongside Pink Floyd's Nick Mason, Genesis' Mike Rutherford, and Richard Jones of The Feeling) at the London 2012 Summer Olympics Closing Ceremony.
Sheeran has already proven as much a phenomenon in the U.S. as he is in his native England, with "+"entering the SoundScan/Billboard 200 at #5 upon its release here in June, scoring the highest debut for a British solo artist's first full-length album since 2009. This fall saw every date on his first-ever North American headline tour sell out, with many shows upgraded to larger venues in order to accommodate an increasingly fervent fanbase. Most recently, Entertainment Weekly included Sheeran in their Grammy predictions for "Best New Artist" award nominees.
(TOUR ITINERARY BELOW)
ED SHEERAN NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES 2012-2013 (3/13-8/21 w/Taylor Swift) DECEMBER --------- 4 Minneapolis, MN 101.3 KDWB's Jingle Ball 2012 5 Philadelphia, PA Q102's Jingle Ball 2012 6 Boston, MA KISS 108's Jingle Ball 2012 7 New York, NY Z100's Jingle Ball 2012 8 Miami, FL Y100's Jingle Ball 2012 9 Tampa, FL 93.3 FLZ's Jingle Ball 2012 10 Buffalo, NY KISS 98.5's Kissmas Bash 2012 11 Washington, DC Hot 99.5's Jingle Ball 2012 13 Atlanta, GA Star 94's Jingle Jam 14 Chicago, IL 101.9 The Mix's Miracle On State Street 15 Cincinnati, OH Q102 Jeff and Jenn Christmas Show 16 Seattle, WA 106.1 KISS FM's Jingle Ball 2012 17 Denver, CO KBCO Private Listener Concert JANUARY --------- 17 Houston, TX House of Blues - SOLD OUT! 18 Dallas, TX The Palladium Ballroom - SOLD OUT! 19 Austin, TX Stubbs Bar-B-Q - SOLD OUT! 22 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium - SOLD OUT! 24 Detroit, MI The Fillmore Detroit - SOLD OUT! 25 Cincinnati, OH Bogart's - SOLD OUT! 26 Indianapolis, IN Egyptian Room - SOLD OUT! 28 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE - SOLD OUT! 29 Baltimore, MD Rams Head Live - SOLD OUT! 30 New York, NY Radio City Music Hall - SOLD OUT! FEBRUARY --------- 1 Louisville, KY Palace Theatre - SOLD OUT! 2 St. Louis, MO The Pageant - SOLD OUT! 3 Kansas City, MO The Midland - SOLD OUT! 5 Broomfield, CO 1st Bank Center 6 Magna, UT Great Salt Air 8 San Francisco, CA The Warfield - SOLD OUT! 9 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Palladium - SOLD OUT! 12 San Diego, CA Spreckels Theatre - SOLD OUT! 13 Tempe, AZ The Marquee 14 Tucson, AZ Rialto Theatre 17 Los Angeles, CA Nokia LA Live MARCH --------- 13 Omaha, NE 14 Omaha, NE 18 St. Louis, MO 19 St. Louis, MO 22 Charlotte, NC 23 Columbia, SC 27 Newark, NJ 28 Newark, NJ 29 Newark, NJ APRIL --------- 10 Miami, FL 11 Orlando, FL 12 Orlando, FL 18 Atlanta, GA 19 Atlanta, GA 20 Tampa, FL 25 Cleveland, OH 26 Indianapolis, IN 27 Lexington, KY MAY --------- 4 Detroit, MI 7 Louisville, KY 8 Columbus, OH 11 Washington, DC 12 Washington, DC 16 Houston, TX 21 Austin, TX 22 San Antonio, TX 25 Dallas, TX 28 Glendale, AZ 29 Glendale, AZ JUNE --------- 1 Salt Lake City, UT 2 Denver, CO 15 Toronto, ON 22 Winnipeg, MB 29 Vancouver, BC JULY --------- 6 Pittsburgh, PA 20 Philadelphia, PA 27 Foxboro, MA AUGUST --------- 1 Des Moines, IA 2 Kansas City, MO 3 Kansas City, MO 6 Wichita, KS 7 Tulsa, OK 10 Chicago, IL 15 San Diego, CA 19 Los Angeles, CA 20 Los Angeles, CA 27 Sacramento, CA 30 Portland, OR 31 Tacoma, WA SEPTEMBER --------- 6 Fargo, ND 7 St. Paul, MN 8 St. Paul, MN 12 Greensboro, NC 13 Raleigh, NC 14 Charlottesville, VA 19 Nashville, TN 20 Nashville, TN 21 Nashville, TN
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1