|By Marketwired .||
|December 3, 2012 11:13 AM EST||
RESTON, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/03/12 -- Appian, the market leader in modern business process management (BPM) software, today announced that Enterprise Holdings, Inc. (EHI), the largest car rental service provider in the world measured by revenue, employees and fleet, runs its Enterprise Rideshare business line on Appian worksocial technology.
Enterprise Holdings operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental brands and has more than 72,000 employees. The company and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management accounted for $15.4 billion in revenue and operated 1.3 million vehicles throughout the world in fiscal 2012. For a company with such strong market presence, finding new revenue streams is essential for growth. When EHI decided to increase its outreach to the corporate vanpool market, it sought the most advanced technology available for its rideshare business to ensure maximum operational efficiency and the highest levels of customer service.
"We adopted Appian's worksocial platform for Enterprise Rideshare because it combines the best of business process management, social business, mobile access and cloud deployment," said Ryan Johnson, assistant vice president of Enterprise Holdings. "The result is a truly modern business management platform that supports our objective of providing commuters with a smarter, better way to get to work."
Enterprise Rideshare uses Appian's integrated BPM, social and mobile capabilities and integration to the customer-facing EnterpriseRideshare.com site, to manage all customer on-boarding, driver registrations/approvals, rate approvals & deliveries. Upcoming releases will include rental transactions and fleet management, bringing Enterprise Rideshare's entire business onto the platform. Appian's social interface enables collaboration and action on all processes from the field (regional EHI retail outlets) for multi-role and occasional user employees. Through a VPN connection, the cloud-based solution integrates with back-end EHI systems. Many events, such as rate approval, creation of a new account or approval of a driver, are open for real-time collaboration through the simple social interface. Employees can drill into events in the social feed for related data such as contract rates, type and status of vehicle, and more. The system is also natively-mobile, allowing EHI's workforce in the field to initiate and advance processes from anywhere. This means Enterprise Rideshare's sales team can sign up new customers via iPad while on-site at the customer's office, and managers can approve rates from their mobile phone while on the road.
"Worksocial is enabling organizations to realize the promise of social and mobile business, by grounding those innovations in a work context of processes, systems and enterprise data," said Matt Calkins, president and CEO of Appian. "With worksocial, companies like Enterprise are finding new ways to work that drive faster, better business results."
Appian delivers everything needed to drive better business decisions, actions and results. All the data, all the processes, all the documents and all the collaborations -- in one environment, on any device, through a simple social interface. The Appian BPM Suite is available on-premise and in the cloud, with complete portability. More than 3.5 million users, from Fortune 100 companies to the mid-market and small businesses worldwide, trust Appian to power their critical business processes. For more information, visit www.appian.com.
For Information Contact:
Director, Corporate Communications
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1