|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 07:25 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, December 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Sygic, the international leader in smartphone GPS navigation apps, announced that they have surpassed the 20 million installs mark across the iOS and Android platform making the on-board global service the most popular Off-Line GPS offering for smartphones.
A GPS pioneer, Sygic's onboard technology recognizes the critical importance for mobile GPS services to always be available as they are an essential tool for travelers both here and abroad. With coverage in 111 countries, Sygic users drive over 1.9 million miles per day. As the top global offline navigation app, Sygic's disruptive technology eliminates the need for secondary navigation devices in your dashboard, in-hand or handlebars by ensuring directions, map and location services are always available on your mobile phone.
"As we rely more and more on our smartphones, we are lulled into a false sense of security that they will always work when we need them, but data is not always available making Sygic's always-on approach a critical resource," says Michal Stencl, Sygic cofounder and CEO. "We are tethered to our data connections, but the average consumer experiences a critical data error 1-3 times per session. Our app eliminates that pain point."
Sygic's popularity in the mobile GPS market is attributed to its ability to provide users with the best of both worlds for travelers and drivers, by blending the expected, best and most innovative features of GPS hardware devices, in-dash offerings and mobile apps. Sygic's functionality includes
- Consistent local maps: Sygic brings more than 42 map products - powered by leading mapping provider TomTom, for each platform are stored locally eliminating the need for a constant data connection as well as include free periodic map updates for accuracy.
- Next-gen functionality: Multi stop routes, instructions that include spoken street names - turn right on First Street vs. turn right in 50 yards -- dynamic lane guidance, speed limit changes and speed camera warnings are some of the features that drivers have requested.
- Crowd sourced insights: Real-time traffic updates, speed camera crowd-sourcing, Facebook and Twitter integration as well as features, such as navigate to contacts, that leverages the smart phone platform.
Sygic apps are available for both iOS and Android platform for more than 111 countries and regions across the globe. Apps range from $19.99 and up depending on regions.
Sygic develops off-line voice guided GPS navigation software trusted by millions of customers worldwide. Sygic was the first company to provide turn-by-turn navigation for iOS platform. Today Sygic app is the top choice for people using iOS and Android smartphones around the globe, ranking in the Top 20 in more than 40 countries. Sygic professional platform powers solutions for private companies as well as civil services. Based in Bratislava, Slovakia, Sygic has been recognized as a Deloitte Fast 50 Company for fastest growing IT companies in Central Europe since 2005. In 2011, Sygic was added to Deloitte's Fast 500 EMEA listing as well. To learn more about Sygic offerings, visit http://www.sygic.com or download their Android app.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1