|By PR Newswire||
|December 4, 2012 06:04 PM EST||
PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Walmart and The Salvation Army Eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware Division are teaming up on December 8 by encouraging Walmart customers to purchase a toy to help "fill the truck" at 82 locations in Pennsylvania and Delaware. Donations will benefit The Salvation Army's toy drive program, which collects new unwrapped toys for youth in need.
"We are so thankful to our friends at Walmart for their support of our toy drive program," said Lt. Colonel Donald W. Lance, Salvation Army Eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware Divisional Commander. "On December 8 all across the state Walmart customers will fill trucks with toys to help us meet the increasing need families are facing this holiday season. These toys will lift the spirits of thousands of children and families this Christmas."
The Salvation Army will host the event in participating Walmart stores, during which their volunteers will hand out wish lists to Walmart customers as they enter the store asking to help "Fill the Truck" with toys for local kids. Customers who purchase toys while shopping will provide them to the Salvation Army volunteers at checkout. Depending on the location, The Salvation Army will place either a real Salvation Army truck or a cardboard "dump-bin" truck in the front of the store. The Salvation Army will then make the toys available to local children in need in the area in which they were donated.
The Salvation Army is also accepting donations this holiday season through their iconic red kettle collection points, currently stationed throughout the state. Those who wish to support can do so by texting* the word SHARE to 71777 from their mobile phone to make a donation to The Salvation Army. Donations can also be made online at www.SalvationArmyPendel.org or by calling 1 800-SAL-ARMY.
*Text message and data rates apply
About The Salvation Army:
The Salvation Army is a faith-based, comprehensive human service organization whose programs help individuals, families and whole communities lead healthier, safer and more productive lives. The Salvation Army is equipped to respond to both acute disasters such as fires and floods as well as the daily, ongoing struggles of the Commonwealth's less fortunate individuals and families. Since 1879, The Salvation Army has a record of success stemming from its holistic approach to providing for the needs of the whole individual – physically, emotionally, economically and spiritually. The Salvation Army serves residents within every Pennsylvania zip code, offering shelter, hot meals, counseling, early childhood development, recreational opportunities, music programs, after-school arts and educational programs, job training, activities for older adults, spiritual development, and drug rehabilitation. For more information, please visit www.SalvationArmyPendel.org.
About Philanthropy at Walmart
Walmart and the Walmart Foundation are proud to support initiatives that are helping people live better around the globe. In May 2010, Walmart and its Foundation made a historic pledge of $2 billion through 2015 to fight hunger in the U.S. The Walmart Foundation also supports education, workforce development, environmental sustainability, and health and wellness initiatives. To learn more, visit http://www.walmartfoundation.org/
The Salvation Army of Greater Philadelphia
SOURCE The Salvation Army
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1