|By PR Newswire||
|December 5, 2012 10:03 AM EST||
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- To celebrate and chronicle the challenges of childhood, America's favorite pasta sauce debuts the 'Give Em Ragu' App, inspired by the brand's Long Day of Childhood campaign. In the spirit of sharing during the holiday season, the new app enables parents to create their very own Long Day of Childhood video using adorable and sometimes hilarious photos and videos of their children from their mobile phones, Instagram and Facebook photo albums. To use the app, parents simply select photos or a video from a mobile phone or Facebook page, give it a title (such as the timeless classic, "I dropped my ice cream cone") and using that phrase, the app will pair the video with an original Ragu jingle. The video can then be shared with family and friends through Facebook or YouTube, and is a great way to connect and share a laugh.
"The Long Day of Childhood campaign and the 'Give Em Ragu' App are fun ways to capture and share those universal, funny moments of childhood," said Mike Dwyer, Marketing Director for Ragu. "When a kid has one of those really long days, it's always a comfort to come home to the familiar. Ragu is comfort food, part of a wholesome and delicious meal that families have enjoyed for years and the perfect pick-me-up after a tough day of being a kid."
After their own Long Day of Childhood, kids can indulge in favorites from Ragu, such as Spaghetti Tacos or Mama's Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs. With two servings of veggies in every half cup of Ragu Old World Style Traditional & Chunky pasta sauces, parents are assured that Ragu can be part of a well-balanced meal while their kids need only appreciate the great taste. All Ragu Old World Style and Chunky sauces meet the FDA guidelines for "healthy", which includes guidelines for total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, and positive nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Calcium, Protein or Fiber. The 'Give Em Ragu' App is available now through Facebook.com/Ragu and can be downloaded to mobile devices via the iTunes store. For more information on Ragu products or to share your long day of childhood, visit Ragu.com or Facebook.com/Ragusauce.
About Unilever United States, Inc.
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with strong operations in more than 100 countries and sales in 190.Consumers buy 170 billion Unilever packs around the world every year, and our products are used over two billion times a day. In the United States the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry's, Bertolli, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Good Humor, Hellmann's, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond's, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Ragu, Simple, Skippy, Slim-Fast, Soft & Beautiful, St. Ives, Suave, tcb, TIGI, TRESemme, Vaseline, and Wish-Bone. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental impact (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal). We are also committed to doing what we can to improve health, nutrition and hygiene, with goals to help more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, as well as to source all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020. Supporting our three big goals are more than 50 time-based targets in the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan.
Unilever employs more than 11,000 people in the United States – generating over $8 billion in sales in 2011. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com.
 Based on Nielsen 52 wk sales data ending 6/9/12
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1