|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 07:01 AM EST||
LONDON, December 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The price guns are at the ready with retailers across the country set to cut the prices of tablets of all sorts, from the full size 10" power houses, right down to the new 7" super portable tablets. But the shop that's really going the whole way is Carphone Warehouse, now running a UK's lowest priced tablet campaign. How much can you save?
First up is the all-conquering iPad 3. Originally priced north of £550, Carphone Warehouse currently sells it at £438. Not bad, considering iPad 3 has the same screen as iPad with Retina display (iPad 4), a powerful dual core processor and one of the best graphics chips going.
One of the best deals around right now is for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Priced at £199, it was good value. Powerful hardware, super portable size and great software - Android Ice 4.0 Cream Sandwich, which is jam-packed with features and gives access to hundreds of thousands of apps. Now, Carphone Warehouse is offering the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi 8GB at £147, with a stunning £30 of cash back. Effectively, this means the Tab 2 is £117.
The Nexus 7 is proving to be one of the most popular tablets going, and Google is already selling it cheap. Despite sporting an HD screen, top of the range quad core processor and the latest version of the Android operating system, Google still managed to retail it for £199. Carphone Warehouse has again gone one better, knocking the price down to £195. While not in the same discount range as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, a saving is a saving.
Next on Carphone Warehouse's list is the Amazon Kindle Fire. Famous thanks to the Amazon Kindle eReader and the success of the original Amazon Kindle Fire in America, prices began sub-£150. Black Friday resulted in Amazon dropping the price, but if you want the Kindle Fire straight away, Carphone Warehouse stores are offering the tablet for a market leading £98. Considering the quality screen, light weight, small size and powerful dual core processor, it's a real steal.
Back to full size tablets and the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Larger than its little brother, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, the 10.1" screen is bright and has a nice high contrast, great for media content. The best Android contender to iPad with Retina display, the Note 10.1 is packed with unique features, thanks in part to its market leading quad core processor. The S Pen stylus means you can draw, hand write notes and use gestures for handy shortcuts. There's also powerful split screen multitasking and floating windows for watching videos on top of web surfing or email writing. For content creation, no tablet comes close to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, and starting at £317, considering all the tech packed inside, it's a bargain.
It's rare to have a single destination offering the lowest price for an entire category, but if you're tablet shopping this Christmas, be sure to keep Carphone Warehouse in mind
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad
In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner 'Best Buy Mobile'. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse's European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
SOURCE Carphone Warehouse
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1