|By Business Wire||
|December 11, 2012 01:15 AM EST||
INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext- INSD), a leader in semiconductor and software solutions for securing transactions, content and digital identity, today announced the availability of DRM Fusion for DTCP-IP, a new software-based end-to-end security solution that ensures that high-value content such as high-definition video remains secure and is copy protected when transmitted between PCs, tablets, smartphones, smart TVs, gaming consoles and HD projectors. Offering the latest version of the Digital Transmission Content Protection (DTCP v1.7) standard for high definition digital media, DRM Fusion for DTCP is the newest security offering from INSIDE Secure, and represents the next step in building out the most complete, end-to-end content protection offering in the industry.
Optimized for mobile devices, the INSIDE Secure’s DTCP content protection software prevents high-value media content from being leaked or hacked by performing interactive device authentication between server and player devices before initiating the encrypted data transmission. DRM Fusion for DTCP-IP is specifically tailored for secure content sharing between both wired and wireless devices, enabling consumers to view protected content on their laptop on an LCD monitor, record and copy a high-definition broadcast for offline viewing or stream copyrighted music stored on a smartphone to an in-home or in-vehicle entertainment system.
“Part of our recent acquisition of Embedded Security Solutions, this new offering is the most recent addition to our portfolio of content security offerings, and ensures end-to-end content protection during digital transmission to address the rapidly growing market for connected media devices,” said Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, executive vice president, ESS, at INSIDE Secure. “This kind of high-value content protection is required by the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) and is critically needed by manufacturers of DLNA Certified® devices and for the hundreds of millions of DLNA devices already deployed.”
DRM Fusion for DTCP provides all the DLNA-required advanced cryptographic security functions, including authentication, digital signature algorithms and key storage and management in accordance with standards specified by the DLNA, which mandates the use of DTCP, defines interoperability guidelines to enable the sharing of digital media devices, and has more than 240 multi-industry companies responsible for nearly 20,000 different DLNA devices.
DRM Fusion for DTCP can be implemented either in software running in a trusted execution environment such as ARM TrustZone, or in applications without a trusted execution environment by integrating INSIDE Secure’s hardware security semiconductor IP.
INSIDE Secure provides a number of complete solutions for implementing DTCP-IP to ensure the protection of the device secret keys, the encryption of high-value content, key exchange mechanisms, mutual authentication and repudiation of devices that have been compromised. DRM Fusion Agent supports all four layers of copy protection: copy control information, device authentication/key exchange, content encryption and system renewability.
INSIDE Secure offers DRM content protection as an embedded or downloadable solution, and is becoming the DRM security vendor of choice among the world’s leading device manufacturers, service providers and content owners, including Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Fujitsu, HBO, LG Electronics, Motorola, Nokia, Orange, Samsung, Sky and Texas Instruments, among others. INSIDE Secure’s DRM Fusion offerings combine standards compatibility with ease of deployment, allowing customers to quickly and cost-effectively bring devices to market and offer a variety of content services ranging from ad-supported to pre-paid.
About INSIDE Secure
INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext Paris FR0010291245 – INSD.PA), is a leading designer, developer and supplier of software and semiconductor solutions for securing transactions, content and digital identity. INSIDE mobile NFC, secure payment, embedded security and digital security solutions provide security for a wide range of information processing, storage and transmission applications. The company’s customers are found in a wide range of markets including mobile payment, identification documents, access control, transit, electronic device manufacturing, pay television, mobile handsets and wireless content and service providers. For more information, visit www.insidesecure.com.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1