|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 09:30 AM EST||
DALLAS, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Agero Connected Services today announced the launch of AgeroViewSM, the first cloud delivered dynamic infotainment display system ready for the global market.
AgeroView is the first system that gives automakers the ability to update apps, push content and deliver both data and services on demand over the lifetime of the vehicle, keeping in sync with changing driver, brand and manufacturer needs. Through AgeroView, dealer service support can be delivered instantly, content and service updates downloaded invisibly and functions such as real-time, location-based advertising and user profile management integrated seamlessly with the driving and passenger experience. AgeroView allows owners to customize the user experience with just the touch of a button or a voice command.
"With AgeroView, automakers can change, reconfigure, expand or customize the content, as well as the look and feel, of the embedded infotainment system just as easily as refreshing their website," said Frank Hirschenberger, Agero Connected Services senior director of Product Innovation. "If an Internet service falls in popularity or a new one emerges during the vehicle's lifetime, AgeroView allows automakers to adapt to these trends and deliver updates in all of their vehicles in the market, not just new models."
Likewise, the same capability allows drivers to personalize the dashboard display screen, such as brandishing the logos and colors of their favorite sports teams, or creating audio cues that replicate the ringtones on their mobile phone. Each driver in a household can have an entirely customized in-car and multi-modal experience, with their choice of HMI, applications, services and features customized to their tastes.
By placing applications in the cloud, rather than installed statically in the vehicle electronics, AgeroView resolves a longstanding problem for the automotive industry. For years, manufacturers have been forced to integrate multimedia electronics and apps with two-to-three-year lifecycles into vehicles that will be on the road at least a decade, fitted across multiple model lines and deployed in markets around the world. Drivers were left with outdated technology almost from the date of their purchase. AgeroView solves that problem, enabling manufacturers to push updates and new services as desired through the cloud. The new AgeroView platform nimbly aggregates mobile content and delivers it into dynamic applications.
The system offers the complete flexibility to automakers to change or update applications and firmware and to deliver distinct experiences by brand, market or individual user.
Agero's infrastructure is based on a proven mobile enterprise application platform developed and launched in Europe.
To learn more about implementing AgeroView into the next generation of connected automobile, visit www.agero.com.
Agero Connected Services (ACS) is a leading provider of private-labeled, connected vehicle services for the automotive, insurance and aftermarket industries. Based in Dallas, Texas, ACS launched the connected car market over 15 years ago and has led the development and management of systems for over 11 global automotive brands. ACS is a division of Medford, Mass.-based Agero, Inc., the leader in roadside assistance, claims management and emergency services in the automotive and insurance industries. For more information, visit www.agero.com.
SOURCE Agero Connected Services
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1