|By PR Newswire||
|December 11, 2012 11:58 AM EST||
DUBAI, UAE, December 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Dassault Falcon is introducing an in-flight phone and connectivity option for its flagship Falcon 7X. The option, to be offered in cooperation with OnAir, will be available as a linefit on new Falcon 7X aircraft with deliveries beginning in 2014.
Mobile OnAir operates like any standard international roaming service, and enables business jet passengers to send and receive emails, text messages and calls in flight using their own phones or smartphones. All charges are included in the user's standard mobile phone bill, making the payment process simple and transparent. Internet OnAir creates a Wi-Fi network in the aircraft, providing Internet access through any Wi-Fi-enabled device, including smartphones, tablets and laptops. Falcon owners or operators may opt for either or both options.
"For today's global-minded flyers, conveniently staying in constant contact while flying is paramount," said Eric Monsel, Vice President of Programs for Dassault Falcon. "The new OnAir package will allow Falcon 7X passengers to remain fully connected at all times in the most user-friendly fashion. In-flight connectivity is key to the passenger experience and truly differentiates one aircraft from another. At Dassault Falcon, we're committed to providing the best solutions available to our customers."
With over 80 regulatory approvals, more than 350 roaming agreements and Inmarsat's worldwide I4 satellite network, OnAir service is now available over 110 countries across Africa, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East and South America. It is expected to be available in the U.S. in the near future.
The airborne system, designed and produced by satellite communications specialist TriaGnoSys GmbH, consists of two lightweight units. It is fully compatible with any SwiftBroadband-capable satcom system.
About Dassault Falcon
Dassault Falcon is responsible for selling and supporting Falcon business jets throughout the world. It is part of Dassault Aviation, a leading aerospace company with a presence in over 70 countries across five continents. Dassault Aviation produces the Rafale fighter jet as well as the complete line of Falcon business jets. The company has assembly and production plants in both France and the United States and service facilities on multiple continents. It employs a total workforce of over 12,000. Since the rollout of the first Falcon 20 in 1963, over 2,200 Falcon jets have been delivered to 80 countries worldwide. The family of Falcon jets currently in production includes the tri-jets-the Falcon 900LX, and the 7X-as well as the twin-engine 2000LX, 2000LXS and Falcon 2000S.
Hi Res Photos at: http://www.falconphotogallery.com (USER ID: dassault - PASSWORD: falcon)
SOURCE Dassault Falcon
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1