|By Marketwired .||
|December 11, 2012 01:30 PM EST||
SAN BRUNO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- Responsys, Inc. (NASDAQ: MKTG), a leading provider of email and cross-channel marketing solutions, today revealed that nearly 40 percent of consumers who opt into email promotions from retailers are also interested in receiving deals from those retailers via SMS during the holidays(1). As consumers shop more on their mobile devices -- this Cyber Monday saw a 96 percent increase in mobile sales over 2011(2) -- and the percentage of email opens coming from mobile devices steadily grows(3), marketers will have a massive opportunity to drive online and in-store purchases this holiday season and beyond through smart cross-channel marketing.
"The mobile phone is an incredibly personal device, so while the opportunities for mobile marketing are immense, it's critical that marketers take the time to design great permission-based mobile experiences that complement campaigns on other channels," said Michael Della Penna, Senior Vice President of Emerging Channels at Responsys. "Long-term success in the mobile channel requires a deep understanding of customer needs and interests as well as the ability to coordinate mobile with the other key digital channels of email, social and display."
Della Penna added, "The holiday season is a great time for marketers to experiment with mobile as part of their integrated cross-channel marketing strategy given consumers are traveling, out shopping and on high alert for discounts and offers from their favorite retailers. For example, offering information about an invite-only discount or a reminder that gift wrapped packages are ready for pick-up are effective ways to engage customers who have opted-in to receive mobile messages from your brand."
When it comes to the types of promotions consumers would like to receive via text message during the holiday season, Responsys' survey found that location-based offers are most popular (42 percent), but more general discounts, offers and deals are nearly equally as intriguing (39 percent). Information about in-store sales and events (37 percent), invites to sweepstakes and contests (32 percent) and gift guides and product recommendations (32 percent) are not far behind. Unsurprisingly, younger adults (18-29 year olds) are most interested (64 percent) in receiving location-based promotions via text message. However, 50 percent of 30-39 year olds and 42 percent of 40-54 year olds also expressed such interest, reflecting the growing adoption of mobile technology across generations.
Since consumers can get a text, read an email, surf the web and check out a display ad all on a mobile device, there's tremendous opportunity to optimize other channels for mobile; one of the most popular of which is email. To help marketers address the growing challenge of keeping mobile email subscribers engaged, Responsys released its first ever Mobile Email Guide. This guide, developed by Responsys' creative and strategic services team, provides design strategies and tips for marketers to create emails that render effortlessly on smartphones and tablets.
To learn more about how Responsys helps marketers launch and orchestrate campaigns for the mobile channel, while optimizing other digital channels for the mobile experience, visit: http://responsys.com/mobile-marketing. To download a complimentary copy of the Responsys Mobile Email Guide, visit: http://www.responsys.com/land/download-mobile-email-guide?cid=70150000000g4VTAAY.
Suggested Tweet on Today's @Responsys News
- Click to Tweet: SMS promotions welcome amongst holiday email subscribers @Responsys rpsys.co/DZ #mobilemarketing
- Read more about the Responsys Mobile Email Guide on the NSM Blog: http://www.responsys.com/blogs/nsm/2012/12/tips-for-creating-a-better-email-experience-on-mobile.html
- Pin images of the Responsys Mobile Email Guide on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/responsys/mobile-email-guide/
- Like Responsys on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Responsys
- Follow Responsys on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/responsys
Responsys is a leading provider of email and cross-channel marketing solutions that enable companies to engage in relationship marketing across the interactive channels customers are embracing today -- email, mobile, social, the web and display. With Responsys solutions, marketers can create, execute, and automate highly dynamic campaigns and lifecycle marketing programs that are designed to grow revenue, increase marketing efficiency, and strengthen customer loyalty. Responsys' New School Marketing vision, flexible on-demand application suite, and customer success-focused services aim to deliver high ROI, increased levels of automation and fast time-to-value. Founded in 1998, Responsys is headquartered in San Bruno, California and has offices throughout the world. Responsys serves world-class brands such as: American Family Mutual Insurance Company, Avis Europe, Deutsche Lufthansa, Dollar Thrifty, LEGO, LinkedIn, Newegg, Orbitz, Qantas, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and UnitedHealthcare. For more information about Responsys, visit responsys.com.
(1) Omnibus survey conducted by Research+Data Insights of 1,039 adults aged 18 and above in the U.S. from November 9 to 13, 2012. The data has been weighted to reflect the demographic composition of adults in the U.S.
(2) Source: IBM: http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/39543.wss
(3) As of May 2012, nearly 30 percent of email opens come from mobile devices. Source: Return Path: http://blog.returnpath.com/blog/return-path-2/return-path-infographic-email-readership-on-mobile-devices-on-track-to-surpass-both-webmail-and-desktop-by-end-of-2012
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1