|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CEVA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CEVA), the leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) platform solutions and DSP cores, today announced a collaboration with Orca Systems, Inc., a leading provider of highly integrated Radio Frequency (RF) and Modem Technology, to offer a complete reference design platform for Bluetooth 4.0. The combined offering integrates Orca's Bluetooth Radio with CEVA's Bluetooth 4.0 baseband and software stack IP for a low cost, complete licensable solution ideal for integration into mobile computing and consumer electronic devices. For additional flexibility, Orca's Bluetooth Radio is available both as IP and as discrete chip or die.
Bluetooth 4.0 is the latest generation Bluetooth standard and the new Low Energy protocol within this specification is proving to be the biggest innovation in the Bluetooth market in many years. As a result, Bluetooth 4.0 is creating new high volume markets in low power peripheral products for consumer, healthcare, medical and sporting applications.
Aviv Malinovitch, vice president of operations at CEVA, stated: "With the firm adoption of Bluetooth 4.0 by leading smartphone and tablet vendors, there is an abundance of companies looking to integrate Bluetooth 4.0 into their next silicon. CEVA has a strong reputation and proven track record for Bluetooth IP for many years, and through our partnership with Orca, we can offer our customers a complete Bluetooth reference design for those who lack radio technology or wish to accelerate their own radio development."
"We are delighted to partner with CEVA to address the Bluetooth 4.0 market," said Guruswami Sridharan, founder and CEO of Orca Systems. "By combining Orca's Bluetooth RF and modem IP with CEVA's baseband and software stack we can quickly accelerate customer's chip developments for both single mode and dual mode applications in this exciting market."
CEVA and Orca will demonstrate the latest Bluetooth 4.0 technology in CEVA's and Orca's meeting suites at CES 2013, Jan 8-11, 2013 in Las Vegas. Orca will be located in LVH Hospitality Suite 2450 in the Las Vegas Hotel. To request a demonstration at the event, email [email protected].
About CEVA-Bluetooth 4.0 IP
CEVA-Bluetooth 4.0 IP consists of RTL baseband hardware coupled with an ANSI C software stack. Designed for flexibility, portability and configurability, it is ideal for integration into a wide range of embedded applications. The IP has fully-gated clock operation for low power, and employs standard interfaces such as AMBA (for the processor hardware interface) and BlueRF (for the radio hardware interface). It is available as a Single Mode (SM) IP package in which a die-efficient Bluetooth Low Energy solution is provided and also as a Dual Mode (DM) IP package whereby the Bluetooth Low Energy protocol is combined with Classic Bluetooth. CEVA-Bluetooth 4.0.SM is aimed at Bluetooth Smart products such as keyboards, body-wear sensor products for medical and sports, toys and environment sensors. CEVA-Bluetooth 4.0.DM is primarily aimed at next-generation, multi-radio connectivity chips for Bluetooth Smart Ready products, e.g. smartphones, tablets and other mobile computing platforms. See http://www.ceva-dsp.com/Wireless-Handsets.html for further details on CEVA-Bluetooth and also CEVA's solutions for Wi-Fi 802.11ac and GNSS.
About Orca-Bluetooth Radio IP
Orca's Bluetooth Radio IP provides the RF and Modem functions for both Classic and Low Energy Bluetooth. Available as a discrete chip or die and as IP for on-die integration, the Bluetooth Radio builds on Orca's revolutionary DSP‐RF™ platform to provide efficient silicon area, low power and exceptional radio performance. The process-portable nature of the IP allows customers to leverage future process geometry shrinks in their product roadmap.
About CEVA, Inc.
CEVA is the world's leading licensor of silicon intellectual property (SIP) DSP cores and platform solutions for the mobile, portable and consumer electronics markets. CEVA's IP portfolio includes comprehensive technologies for cellular baseband (2G / 3G / 4G), multimedia (computer vision, image enhancements and HD audio), voice over packet (VoP), Bluetooth, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA). In 2011, CEVA's IP was shipped in over 1 billion devices and powers handsets from every top handset OEM, including Nokia, Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, Sony, Huawei and ZTE. Today, more than 40% of handsets shipped worldwide are powered by a CEVA DSP core. For more information, visit www.ceva-dsp.com. Follow CEVA on twitter at www.twitter.com/cevadsp.
About Orca Systems, Inc.
Orca Systems is a technology company specializing in leading edge wireless semiconductor IP and chip design, implementing radio systems with innovative digital architectures. Orca's patented DSP‐RF™ technology enables the use of digital circuits for RF and mixed signal designs in sub‐micron CMOS process technology. Orca is headquartered in Poway, California and has a development office in Bangalore, India. For further information please visit www.orcasystems.com.
SOURCE CEVA, Inc.
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1