|By Business Wire||
|December 12, 2012 07:02 AM EST||
Jesus saves, but who’s saving Jesus? Beleaguered communities and religious institutions have reason to rejoice as BrickHouse Security, a premier online supplier of security and surveillance solutions, announced that it has resurrected its popular “Saving Jesus” program this holiday season.
Like a plague of locusts, evildoers prey with Grinch-like intensity on innocent holiday displays across the country. Baby Jesus is the most popular target, but Santa figures, elves, reindeer, large menorahs and other holiday symbols often fall victim to kidnappers as well.
BrickHouse Security is determined to help — one holiday display at a time.
For the seventh year in a row, BrickHouse will supply free GPS tracking devices to all qualified institutions and communities that request them.
20/20, ABC’s award-winning on-air news magazine, showcased BrickHouse’s fight against vandals, thieves and heretics in a segment aired earlier this week.
The program has been a revelation. Over 100 organizations have participated in previous years, and this holiday season, hundreds more will be receiving their free GPS trackers during the first weeks of December.
“The holidays are about helping people,” said Todd Morris, BrickHouse’s CEO. “The theft and vandalism of treasured holiday figures is a problem we can empower communities and congregations to solve. We’re happy to expand the program and help even more people this year.”
Qualified organizations will receive a BrickHouse Spark Nano 3.0 GPS Tracker and use of the company’s powerful monitoring and tracking platform for the entire holiday season, all completely free of charge. Even the shipping is fast and free.
Incredibly compact and easy to use, the Spark Nano is a rugged, matchbox-sized unit that can be concealed inside or attached to almost anything its owner needs to track. It arrives fully activated, and its 30-day rechargeable battery will last throughout the holidays with no maintenance required.
The Spark Nano’s Geo-Fencing feature means that if Baby Jesus embarks on an unauthorized journey from his manger, the device immediately sends a text or email to the owner’s mobile phone or computer. The owner (or police) can then automatically track the figure’s movement wherever it goes.
Thrill-seekers inclined to take Baby Jesus or other holiday icons for a joyride change their minds very quickly when they know local law enforcement agents can pinpoint their location seconds after the crime is committed.
“It gives me great pleasure to report that in the history of the Saving Jesus program, no holiday display equipped with a BrickHouse Security GPS tracking system has ever been victimized by thieves,” added Morris, who christened the idea six years ago. “Maybe one day this program won’t be necessary. But until that day comes, BrickHouse will keep doing its part to make the holiday season safer and more festive for everybody.”
Like many institutions across the United States, Saint Ambrose Church of Old Bridge, NJ had its nativity scene repeatedly plundered before signing on as one of the original participants in the Saving Jesus program six years ago. Since then, Baby Jesus has remained safe, sound and protected in his creche.
“Every day, I drive by our church and see our manger,” said Alan Czyzewski, of Saint Ambrose. “Protecting our holiday display — with BrickHouse’s help — makes me feel like we’re doing something special for the whole community.”
How to Participate in the Program
Non-profit organizations interested in Saving Jesus this holiday season can visit this link, where they can apply for participation in the program. Those qualifed to join will receive a Spark Nano GPS tracker and access to BrickHouse Security’s state-of-the-art monitoring and tracking platform to use throughout the holidays free of charge.
About BrickHouse Security
BrickHouse Security is a premier supplier of security and surveillance solutions to consumers and businesses of all sizes, including approximately half of the Fortune 500 and more than 500 local and national government agencies. The company also supplies solutions to the NYPD, the LA County Sheriffs Department and the FBI, among others. The company and its products have recently appeared on the CBS Early Show, NBC’s Today Show, ABC’s Good Morning America and CNN, and have been featured by the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and many other news organizations. BrickHouse serves a diverse global client base and is headquartered in New York City, where it operates a retail showroom and its customer care center. Phone: 646.253.9133; email: [email protected]; Web: BrickHouseSecurity.com
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1