|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 08:35 AM EST||
ASPEN, Colo., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cruising around in a perversely flamboyant taxicab isn't just another Aspen, Colorado gimmick. For Jon Barnes, the cabby behind the wheel of the 1978 Checker Cab transformed into a world-renowned mobile entertainment palace, it's a way of life.
The brain-child of former cabbie turned entertainer Jon Barnes, The Ultimate Taxi, a cross between Bill Gates' home office, the Starship Enterprise and a Beatles concert, is billed as "the only music studio, theater, nightclub, planetarium, toy store, Internet-connected taxicab on the planet."
Jon plays multiple musical instruments, performs illusions, operates a virtual rollercoaster ride, mixes the taxi's music and sound effects, and operates the psychedelic lighting, while driving with whatever body part is still available.
Want a Pink Floyd concert complete with lasers and fog effects? The Ultimate Taxi delivers. Want immortality? Well, The Ultimate Taxi provides it, at least in the sense that your photograph will always reside at www.ultimatetaxi.com.
It all began in the 1980s, as a way for Jon to have fun with passengers by incorporating musical synthesizers and high-tech lighting into the ride. And as technology evolved, so did the Ultimate Taxi, becoming the World's first Internet-connected taxi, in early 1996, transporting passengers to his website via a webcam/computer/cellphone modem setup.
The latest addition to the cab is a multi-beam, multi-color 3D laser light show synchronized to music and controlled by what Jon calls a self-engineered "Photon Trumpet."
Other new additions include a Panasonic HD video camera, the HTC Droid DNA smartphone, a Mackie audio mixing board, a mirror ball motor, 900 LED lights that pulse and change color to the music, and a new alternator.
"I didn't build this contraption to make a lot of money," Jon says. "I just wanted the taxi to get the most smiles per gallon."
Barnes, for his part, keeps it philosophical when answering questions about the service he provides.
"If you're in a hurry to get somewhere in The Ultimate Taxi, you've missed the point of the experience, because life's not about the destination … it's the ride."
If you'd like more information about The Ultimate Taxi, or to schedule an interview with Jon, please call Jon Barnes at (970) 927-9239 or email Jon at [email protected]
Press Photos and Video Clips:
Past Media Coverage and Video Clips:
All photos may be used courtesy of Jon Barnes & The Ultimate Taxi
Contact: Jon Barnes
TEL. (970) 927-9239
Cell Phone: (970) 404-1290
Email: [email protected]
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE The Ultimate Taxi
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Tango Networks to Demonstrate Its Business Mobility Solutions at the CCA Annual Convention During CTIA 2014 Super Mobility Week
- Wireless Opportunities in Healthcare (The Market for Bluetooth, RFID, Zigbee, UWB WWAN, WMAN, WLAN and other technologies)
- CEM - Customer Experience Management Market Growing at 17.3% CAGR to 2019: Forecast in New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Digital Advertising Market (Online) Growing at 11.9% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- IAB Mixx Awards 2014 Shortlist Showcases the Best in Digital Marketing Creativity That Works
- CTIA Announces Emerging Technology, Hot for the Holidays and the MobITs Award Finalists
- Global Cyber Security Industry
- Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts
- Freelancer.com Fast 50 reveals a rise in data and engineering jobs as the Internet of Things takes off
- Customer Experience Management Market (VOC Analytics, Feedback Management, Web Analytics, Text Analytics, Speech Analytics) - Advanced Technologies, Touch Points, Adoption Trends, Market Size & Forecasts (2014 - 2019)
- MMA Global 2014 Smarties Shortlist Unveils The Best In Mobile Marketing From Around The Globe
- Global System-On-A-Chip Industry
- Lawful Interception Market 2014-2019 Forecasts (Network Technologies and Devices, Communication Content, End Users)
- Tiger Woods Sues Christensen Shipyards for Breaking Privacy Agreement
- Highlights From Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Virtualization Expo New York Call for Papers to Expire January 15, 2010
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Is the "Mobile Web" Already With Us ?
- Google Gang Unveils "gPhone" Platform, Android
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: "GMAIL Mobile"
- Symbian Welcomes the Availability of Nokia's N72
- Jim Liddle's Symbian Blog: Opera Releases New Wireless Development Platform
- Best-Selling Author Scott McKain Joins Ulitzer
- Symbian & Open Source: The Momentum Grows
- How To Use Social Media in Your Job Search
- Unisys: A Clear Vision for Cloud Computing
- Surface RT: even more awesome with Windows RT 8.1